video games

This is the place for off-topic game threads and also video game discussions.

Re: video games

Postby PropellerEscape » 18 Aug 2013 07:11

Is there any possible way to beat Dead Money in Fo:NV on hardcore? You cannot sleep in the DLC due to the cloud, and I'm never going to be able to rush through it without dying of sleep deprivation 3:
DAW - FL Studio 11

Main VSTs - Harmor, Harmless, Massive, Sytrus and FM8

My Main SoundCloud
My Experimental Soundcloud

Add me on Skype - PropellerEscapeMusic
PropellerEscape

Primary: Flel Studio 11.
Cutie Mark: Synth of Lel

Postby S.P.P » 18 Aug 2013 09:35

If anybody's on 360 and fancies playing vidja with me, my name's "Zzzzonk3d". :3
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Acsii » 18 Aug 2013 16:55

Just bumping so this is my post list :3
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 18 Aug 2013 17:40

I'm still really enjoying modding Skyrim.

So far I've gotten a bandoleer pack that boosts your carry weight to ridiculous levels (added bonus - it looks kinda cool), some little tweaks to character creation, Footprints (leaves footprints in the snow. Not that exciting), a material recycling mod (basically melt down metal stuff back into ingots) and some smithing tweaks which allow you to smith more tools like pickaxes and stuff.

I'm gonna look for some crafting mods and the like too. Also Skyradio.

Anyone else modding Skyrim?
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 18 Aug 2013 17:56

Yea I basically turned sky rim into equestrian :3
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 18 Aug 2013 17:59

I would do that, but I still wanna keep mine lore-safe.

But I suppose a magic radio full of dubstep kinda goes against that.

Unless the dovahkiin is a bit ahead of his time.

Oh I also got a mod that plays off the 'milk-driker' thing. "Be A Milk Drinker!".
It's kinda fun for the sake of RP.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby S.P.P » 18 Aug 2013 18:21

So I got Dark Souls on 9v's recommendation and its pretty difficult. Nailed the first boss with relative ease though. Dat learning curve >.>
S.P.P

Postby Nine Volt » 18 Aug 2013 20:57

PYR3LIGHT wrote:So I got Dark Souls on 9v's recommendation and its pretty difficult. Nailed the first boss with relative ease though. Dat learning curve >.>

Asylum Demon is more a tutorial than anything :P
Taurus is the first challenging boss.

I hope you picked the Master Key as your gift...

Oh yeah, good luck with Capra. He was my first big stopping point.
Nine Volt

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 19 Aug 2013 00:18

Theres a mod that simulates hypothermia in Skyrim. Pretty in depth too, apparently. Stuff like if you're succumbing and you're near a dweme ruin, standing over its chimney will keep you alive. Also clothing comes with different levels of warmth etc. I think that might be worth trying.

EDIT: I'll probably post a lot about Skyrim Mods. Sorry :I

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Acsii » 19 Aug 2013 01:16

Neat might try that one too
Acsii

Postby caprixsnare » 19 Aug 2013 01:27

that sounds cool. now i wanna get skyrim :D
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 19 Aug 2013 01:54

caprixsnare wrote:that sounds cool. now i wanna get skyrim :D

Definitely worth it on pc for the mods. There's a lot of stuff to chose from, some 19 year old from Europe even made a dlc sized expansion with full questlines, voice actors and original music.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby S.P.P » 19 Aug 2013 04:37

Nine Volt wrote:I hope you picked the Master Key as your gift...

I picked the healing ring.. :T
S.P.P

Postby Nine Volt » 19 Aug 2013 05:30

PYR3LIGHT wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:I hope you picked the Master Key as your gift...

I picked the healing ring.. :T

Well, for a first run that's not that bad actually. Much better than picking a consumable. You can get every gift through normal gameplay, but it'll be quite a while since you meet the merchant who sells the Master Key, so...

You won't be missing out on any content, just some (admittedly really useful) shortcuts like the one to skip the annoying part of Blighttown.
Nine Volt

Postby S.P.P » 19 Aug 2013 12:32

Dat Drake Sword.

Thankyou for making me get this game, best (and most frustrating) £15 I ever spent.
S.P.P

Postby Nine Volt » 19 Aug 2013 15:03

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Dat Drake Sword.

Thankyou for making me get this game, best (and most frustrating) £15 I ever spent.

Ah the Drake Sword, the crutch of new players everywhere :3

Whatever you do, do not use dragon scales to upgrade it - it gets horrible scaling and dragon scales are both rare and cannot be bought from any merchants. Ditch the sword entirely after Quelaag; it's entirely outpaced by other weapons then.

Spoiler Big post is big:
The weapon you'll want after that is entirely dependent on your build and play style but you'll want one normal weapon, a lightning weapon, a divine weapon, and a fire weapon (or pyromancies/sorceries).

The normal weapon will be your primary weapon. You can have an elemental weapon as your primary but this could give you trouble in areas where enemies are resilient to it. Your next area after Quelaag is Sen's Fortress (do not go into the Demon Ruins following Quelaag - that's a late-game area), where the enemies are highly resilient to physical attacks. You'll get a lightning weapon here, but you'll probably just want to modify a different weapon at the blacksmith in the area following Sen's (Anor Londo) if you want to keep using one. Anyway, you can get normal weapons up to +15. The Large Ember is found in a chest near the first butcher in the Depths, and once you give it to Andre it will allow upgrades to +10, then the Very Large Ember is found after draining New Londo Ruins, in a chest above the cathedral. It's guarded by three or four Darkwraiths, a few ghosts, and a Mass of Souls, so it could be a while until you get that one. Gets you to +15.

You really, really want a divine weapon. Not for general use (unless you're running a faith build), but for use in the Catacombs area (in the graveyard in Firelink Shrine - it leads to a late-game area and has tough enemies but I like to take it out for the really nice reward that the boss (who is very easy) gives). The enemies in the Catacombs will constantly respawn unless killed with a divine weapon, at least until you kill the five or so necromancers. If you don't have the Divine Ember from the Moonlight Butterfly in Darkroot Garden, you can actually get an Occult Club from a Mimic in Anor Londo and descend it at any blacksmith into a Divine Club +5, though obviously clubs are quite weak. Should do you well until NG+ though.

And you'll want a fire weapon for one reason: the god damned Engorged Hollow in the Painted World of Ariamis. It's an optional area, but it has good loot (namely the Dark Ember for making Occult weapons, the ridiculous looking Xanthous armor set, the single best soul farming spot in the game, a pyromancy, the Priscilla's Dagger drop from the boss's tail, and the Soul of Priscilla which can be used to make the Lifehunt Scythe) so you'll probably go in. The Engorged Hollows will explode into insta-toxic mist upon death unless killed with a fire weapon or at range, and there's a lot of them. If you want to use a fire weapon for your main weapon, you can ascend one at the Catacombs blacksmith (though it will only go up to +5 until you get the Large Flame Ember from the Demon Ruins) or you could use the Soul of Quelaag and a curved sword like the scimitar and make Quelaag's Furysword, a very powerful and fast fire sword which scales damage with soft humanity (up to 10 humanity, like a chaos weapon).

The weapons I'm using on my NG+ run (NG+ means that you keep your ending gear but all enemies gain massive health buffs and drop more souls. It's tougher than the normal game) are primarily the Black Knight Sword +5 (excellent damage, swings as fast as the claymore), my Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5 (with the pyromancies Great Combustion, Combustion, Fire Orb, and Great Fireball), and my Lightning Longbow +4 (Titanite Slabs are too precious to waste on a longbow). I'm level 112 or so (somewhat underleveled actually).

So if you need help with anything in the game, I can help you. I'm skilled enough to be able to reliably solo every boss in NG and most bosses in NG+, and I know where most of the items are (esp good ones) and how to navigate all the areas and such.
Nine Volt

Postby S.P.P » 19 Aug 2013 16:53

Holy shit, helpful post is helpful! Thanks man ^.^
S.P.P

Postby Nine Volt » 19 Aug 2013 17:45

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Holy shit, helpful post is helpful! Thanks man ^.^

I feel like I'm trying to be too helpful :???:
Spoiler woo:
Never ever ever ever consume a Fire Keeper Soul. There are exactly 7 in one playthrough, 3 of which belong to living keepers. A Fire Keeper Soul will give a number of souls and a humanity, but is much better used to reinforce your Estus Flasks up to a maximum of +7 at one of the three aforementioned Fire Keepers, with each rank giving +100 or +50 HP of healing. Luckily, reinforced Estus carries over, so if you end off the game with +5 you can still get to +7 in NG+. To get the FKSs from the living Keepers, you need to kill them - I advise you do not do this until you are about to go kill the final boss. The three living keepers are:
Anesthesia of Firelink Shrine (on the way to New Londo, in a gated tunnel)
The Daughter of Chaos right after Quelaag (behind a false wall)
The Brass Knight in Anor Londo.

Killing any of these Fire Keepers will cause their fires to permanently go out - you cannot relight them (you can, however, warp to them, just not from them). Any fires with Keepers will already be kindled once though, so you'll get 10 Estus by resting there immediately. Story wise:
If you rescued Knight Lautrec from the Undead Parish, he will kill Anesthesia of Firelink Shrine after you ring the second Bell after Quelaag or if you take the Blighttown Fire Keeper Soul from the sewer. You can then invade and kill Lautrec with the Black Eye Orb on Anesthesia's corpse and regain the Fire Keeper Soul, which you can use to bring Anesthesia back to life (or reinforce your Estus, but you should bring her back to life as Firelink's bonfire is really useful). Lautrec is quite strong though, so it may be worth just saving him and then kicking him into the valley at Firelink before he kills Anesthesia.

The Brass Knight will become hostile and attack you if you attack Gwynevere and turn Anor Londo dark in order to fight the optional boss Dark Sun Gwyndolin. She cannot be restored and that bonfire will permanently go out.

The Daughter of Chaos is the only one not connected to a story event (and indeed cannot even fight back if attacked). However, she is the leader of a good covenant that rewards a very nice pyromancy (Great Chaos Fireball) and will open a shortcut past 2 late-game bosses if given 30 humanity. Obviously, if you kill her you cannot join the covenant and are kicked out if you're in it. Eingyi (the egg-burdened door guard) will also become hostile.

The 4 remaining Fire Keeper Souls are out in the open on corpses and may be collected without consequences (aside from the Blighttown FKS, as mentioned above. The four other FKSs are located in:
Undead Parish - In the main church, guarded by a Tower Knight (the huge black-armored knight). This one is tough to miss.
New Londo Ruins - obtainable at the very beginning of the game, it's best to do a suicide run for it if you're doing it early on. It's located across a slightly submerged archway in the initial area after the wooden bridges. There are four ghosts that will attack you after grabbing it, so it's tough to get out as you cannot even block against them without a Transient Curse.
Blighttown - In a sewer section filled with about 5-7 toxic blowdart guys, so bring a lot of Blooming Purple Moss. The sewer itself is located about halfway up/down the shortcut to the Valley of Drakes, up the water wheels. The dead Fire Keeper is in a sewer tunnel and is guarded by the aforementioned toxic blowdart guys and many fire breathing dogs.
The Duke's Archives - In the giant cell after the Pisacas. The key to the cell is located quite far away, so don't forget to go grab it.

Additionally, do not ever consume boss souls. Even if you don't want any of the craftable weapons, they're too unique to really make it worth consuming, especially in NG+ or beyond, where the amounts of souls given are really small in comparison to what you'll be getting by just going through a level (I often find myself holding over 150k souls without even really trying).
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 19 Aug 2013 22:22

I've decided to get back into playing world of warcraft, haha.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Jokeblue » 19 Aug 2013 22:28

My friend said that the other day.

I played it once and ad to kill 20 chickens or something stupid and I just found it really boring. I honestly don't get the appeal of that game. :3
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby itroitnyah » 19 Aug 2013 22:48

The beginning is boring because, you know, trying to grind up to higher levels, etc. Lore is also kinda a "If you played the game before we made these changes, what is happening would make more sense", but Blizzard does a good job of making sure that you still know somewhat what is going on, or that you can interpret it well. Once you get up to the higher levels though and you start doing dungeons, battlegrounds, raids, getting good gear and even twinking a lower level to either power through dungeons or have fun in the battlegrounds, the game gets really addictive. If you're a roleplayer, you can follow the lore by reading the quest logs, but a lot of it is "Go do this, you'll gain xp and then level up and move on to some real parts of the game lol".
itroitnyah

Postby S.P.P » 20 Aug 2013 05:29

Jokeblue wrote:My friend said that the other day.

I played it once and ad to kill 20 chickens or something stupid and I just found it really boring. I honestly don't get the appeal of that game. :3

There are plenty of reasons the game is great. For me, one of the biggest reasons is the lore. There is so much lore in the game it's unreal; there have even been novels released (and they're really good). From the moment your character first spawns in the starting area to the moment you kill the big nasty at the end of whatever expansion you're up to, everything and everywhere has a backstory and relevance.

Another reason is the open endedness of it. The game is massive, and I mean fully huge. It's the biggest game I've ever played. For example, there are 20+ areas in each continent of Azeroth, and it takes atleast 10 minutes to walk through most of them. And that's only if you make a beeline straight through the middle - ignoring paths and towns etc. thats with a mount, too. There are two continents, two expansion continents, plus another world via expansion pack.

Alot of the game is also badass. I mean, The Burning Crusade expansion sees you through a giant portal to another world, where you have to stop an entire legion of demons, including killing all kinda of massive demon lords. That's badass. The original end-game raid let to a boss fight with with C'Thun - an old God. This fight is still difficult when the level cap is 90 and gear is infinitely better, never mind when the cap was 60. That boss can still one shot everyone in the raid if you're not careful. Badass.

Scenery. The designers have done a pretty good job of ensuring the areas are brilliantly themed. There is a sense of despair at the presence of the Scourge in the Plaguelands, The Barrens is exactly that, Sithilus (home of C'Thun) has hives everywhere, all along the skyline, and Teldrassil (home of the Night Elves) is built on top of a tree! Aside from that, some areas are just beautiful. Nagrand has a purple sunset highlighted with various moons, and half of the area is comprised of floating rocks. (Kinda like the hallelujah mountains in Avatar).

Aaaand then the gameplay. It's fun as hell, and there's a certain something about levelling up, finding you have a new spell/ability to play with, adding to your talent trees, Etc. finding new bits of gear, dungeons, raids, levelling, PvP, it's all fun. And when you cap your first character, there's still a lot left to do.
It's also the first game I've ever played where the controls don't get you killed. xD

Uhm. I think that's all of it?
OH, and Blizzard has a great sense of humour, some parts of the game are genuinely funny, and some NPCs are the quirkiest I've seen in any game. Pop culture references everywhere, too!

But that's just why I liked it (I haven't played in ages though), and I guess not everybody will. Each to their own. :3
S.P.P

Postby Acsii » 20 Aug 2013 05:38

Ah WoW those were the days
Acsii

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Aug 2013 09:12

ooh god... OH GOD! The nostalgia! It burns! I started playing World of Warcraft a bit after they had released that one Sunwell raid during Burning Crusade. I remember struggling through each zone on my Orc Rogue. I remember what it was all like, I remember when The Crossroads in the Barrens would be attacked by top level guys just trolling the questing low levels. I remember Tanaris, Booty Bay, the Plaguelands, the starting zones for most the Horde, and the Night Elves. I remember Ashenvale, the Outlands, it's all coming back to me now. I really want to play the game really bad now.
itroitnyah

Postby S.P.P » 20 Aug 2013 09:26

itroitnyah wrote:ooh god... OH GOD! The nostalgia! It burns! I started playing World of Warcraft a bit after they had released that one Sunwell raid during Burning Crusade. I remember struggling through each zone on my Orc Rogue. I remember what it was all like, I remember when The Crossroads in the Barrens would be attacked by top level guys just trolling the questing low levels. I remember Tanaris, Booty Bay, the Plaguelands, the starting zones for most the Horde, and the Night Elves. I remember Ashenvale, the Outlands, it's all coming back to me now. I really want to play the game really bad now.

Oh God, stop! The feels! I remember the feeling of being a noob just wandering around, seeing the level 60's just chillin' being all badass and shit and wanting all their gear. Bad luck starting where you were though, AQ40 was great way back then. The first thing that springs to mind when I think back is Barrens chat. Barrens. Chat. man those were the days ^-^
Word of warning if you are gonna start playing again, everything's changed and stuffs been dumbed down a helluva lot. Something never change though, like unhelpful people and trolling in /2 :T

Also 9v, I beat Capra Demon first try, what was the problem? '~'
S.P.P

PreviousNext

Return to Games