Forum Game: Answer the question asked above

This is the place for off-topic game threads and also video game discussions.

Re: Forum Game: Answer the question asked above

Postby Ricky Denzel » 27 Jan 2015 12:06

Get that outta my face!

do you wanna build a snowman?
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby OuTbREaK » 29 Jan 2015 18:05

Not if it in any way involves Frozen. Mediocre movie is mediocre.
Have you ever "disowned" a song?
OuTbREaK

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: the bit with sound

Postby FLAOFEI » 30 Jan 2015 02:48

Yeeeehhh.....NO COMMENT!!!

Where you heartbroken when Discord dropped the cucumber sandwiches?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Jokeblue » 30 Jan 2015 07:02

...he promised i could have them :'c

where are my sunglasses they were jsut there
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Ricky Denzel » 30 Jan 2015 10:52

Look on top of your head

Where you disappointed at a certian rock band. Me: TOOL!
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby FLAOFEI » 31 Jan 2015 05:46

Well I was at a bar during an afterski which had a live band playing rock... They where okay I guess. I had no expectations for them though, so I wasn't disappointed in them. The afterski party thing wasn't that nice though... Crazy prices on beer and way to loud music to have a conversation, and imo, not danceable music. So I was fairly dissapointed in the actuall afterski.

What band was Ricky reffering to?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Jokeblue » 31 Jan 2015 05:58

....Tool.

Why are the only $5 drinks here bourbons wtf

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 31 Jan 2015 06:04

Because suply and demand probably.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Jokeblue is screaming everything he writes in panic with that avatar?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Jokeblue » 31 Jan 2015 08:10

YESS?? NOO?? MAYBEE?? I DONT KNOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I want a taco?

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 31 Jan 2015 10:57

That's a good question. It's a well thought out question. And it is a well phrased qiestion. But most of all, it's a question worthy of an answer. These are the types of questions we as a democratic society must have the guts to answer! We mustn't let questions like these slip through our fingers, for they are what we build our society upon!
And THAT... Is why I will give you the most truethfull, most sincere answer I am capable of giving. I will not let these questions go unanswered! Vote Flao!

Any other questions?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Armystuntman » 02 Feb 2015 06:06

Uhm.

Why is the sky red?
Armystuntman

Primary: Fruity Loops
Cutie Mark: Tuba

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Feb 2015 06:14

Refraction.

Why would Jesus die for our sins? Isn't the point of sins to take responsibility for your mistakes?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Feb 2015 08:12

Historically speaking, sacrifices were made by men in order to obtain absolution - y'know, the best or most pure lamb or whatever would be sacrificed in order to cleanse one of sin. Jesus was the son of God, or the incarnation of God in the flesh as a man, and served as a link between God and men. However all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, condemning man. But God didn't want this for us, he saw that we would fail and knew the horrible things that we can commit, and that none of this was near the goodness of life that he wished for us. Imagine it as a father watching his child destroy himself and his life addicted to heroin, I guess, and no matter how much he tries to help us we always fall back to a road of death. It's easy to say "well why did he have to kill Jesus when he could just speak the words and have it be gone?" Well that really, really understates the severity of mankinds sin. I mean, come on, we all know it. It's in the news every day, you may see it occasionally on the streets, and you will read about it in history. I mean for Christs sake look at things like the holocaust and other mass genocides, wars, and our consistent destruction of our world. You can also say "Woah, woah, hey, I'm no Hitler here! I didn't kill anyone, I haven't done anything." but the fact of the matter is that these types of things are done by people. Humans. God gave us a law through the Ten commandments, but we could never satisfy this law. And like I said, he doesn't want to condemn us. A man who sins can't be absolved and live on - All of man will sin, and all of man falls short of God's glory. If we are unable to fulfill the Law, then we will be punished by it. But, since God desires us to be saved, the Law must be satisfied. Since we cannot keep the Law and it must be satisfied, then the only one capable of keeping the Law must keep the Law: God. So In order to give mankind another chance at redemption, the ultimate sacrifice would have to be made - God himself in the flesh, living as a man under the Law - Jesus. (just to try and remove confusion, the general christian belief is in that of a trinity god - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They're three different things, but they're all the same God. So I like to think of it in a similar way to a Cerberus - Three heads of the same body. anyway -) 2 Cor. 5:21, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." So pretty much what happened was at the advent of his crucifixion and death, Jesus was made to bear all sin - which starts to get trippy here as it becomes some Madoka magica level shit - from the beginning through end of time. So literally all of mankinds mistakes and failures past present and future were pinned on Jesus as he died, absolving us off our condemnation. Rom. 8:3-4, "For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." He wasn't obligated to die for us, either. It was his choice. Even on the night before his death he asked "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."

I'm gonna go off on a slight tangent from my own writing here as I post a quote from an article I found

Spoiler Spoilered cos large:
http://www.everystudent.com/wires/whydid.html wrote:Jesus said he was choosing to lay down his life. For us. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends."2 But, why?

Because he looked at our hearts, our actions, and saw us as sick, needy, weak, sinful, blind and lost. This was Jesus' stated view of us, which we don't like. But you also need to see his actions about it. It's not distant judgment or condemnation. It's not uninvolved, nor unsympathetic. Whether you agree with him or not, he saw us as desperately in need. He saw our lives as not working properly. Not living in fullness or living out the goodness he created us for.

And, he saw us at risk of dying eternally separated from him. Never to experience eternal life. He saw us as cut off from him by our sin. And he chose to meet our need.

Whether we were thankful or not. Whether we saw a need for it, or not. He took the penalty of death, that he thinks we deserve, and took it himself. These are not the actions of someone uncaring.

Believing that we needed to be saved, needed to be forgiven, he went to incredible lengths for us. On the cross, Jesus didn't just suffer and die as a symbol of love. It was necessary, in his view. It was either we die--eternally separated from him because of our sin--or he dies, so we wouldn't have to. So we could be forgiven. So we could know him, eternally.

In describing this, the Bible says, "...perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die, but God shows his love toward us in this: while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."3

Hours before his crucifixion, fully aware of his imminent crucifixion and resurrection, Jesus stated his intent as he talked to his Father: "that the world [may] know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."4

This brings up the stark question: did we need to be saved? What did Jesus see in us that we don't see? He chose to go to a cross, to be tortured, and die for us. Why was this necessary?

Maybe he sees where we fail. Our anger, hatred. Our impatience and hurtful remarks, and actions. We sin against others, and sometimes others sin against us. We don't live up to the goodness God created us for. We don't even live up to our own standards, let alone his. When honest, we even disgust ourselves at times. So what would a perfectly holy God see?

And what about our insistence that we don't want him and we don't want him intruding in our lives?

Why didn't he just walk away from us? Why didn't he turn away?

Instead of deserting us, leaving us to the consequences of our sin-- instead, he came toward us. He entered into our world. He took the penalty of our sin and bore our death, himself.

"...because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved."5

Couldn't he have merely overlooked our sin, forgiven it with just a word? That seems possible to us, but he said our sin was too severe to merely dismiss it. The seriousness of our sin and his love for us required his action.

We all experience the pain that comes with forgiving someone. The greater a person's sin against us, the more painful to forgive that person. Jesus wants to forgive us in an eternally deep way. He wants us to be completely, fully forgiven. He wants us to know that he will fully accept us and our sin no longer needs to be a wall between us. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."6

He suffered and died over our sin, then rose from the dead three days later, overcoming it all. He is not hindered by sin or death. And he wants us to experience the same through him. It is our decision whether to accept the forgiveness he offers, by moving toward him, asking him to forgive us and enter our lives.

So why did he have to die for us? Why can't we take responsibility for our own sins? Well, Jesus did it because he loved us, and wanted to be able to save us from ourselves in a way that links us directly with him.

The point of sin isn't to take responsibility for your own mistakes - that's how you accept what you've done, it's not the point of sin. The point of sin, at some level, is to prove that we have free choice, and free will. We can choose what we do for ourselves. We've proven we can make good choices, we've proven we can also make bad choices. The literal meaning of Sin is actually Miss, as in regards to a target (the target in this case being 'good', pretty much). You can take responsibility for your mistakes, It's best to. Be honest with yourself, know that you have done wrong and try to change. I'm sure everyone does this. It's simply living and letting die, learning from your mistakes. However, from a Christian philosophy, the only one who can truly grant your absolution of sin is Jesus, through his death on the cross.

Bleh. Flaofei, if you actually read all this then props to you and thanks for bothering, I hope I helped in some way. Needless to say I am a Christian, so atleast your questions getting a legitimate answer about the subject you raised.

Ok. Back to our regularly scheduled nonsense.

If i banana the melon, how melons the strawberry's kiwifruit?

Jokeblue

Postby Fl Brony » 02 Feb 2015 08:39

Uhhhhhhhh 42?

When did Jokeblue get so philosophical?
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Feb 2015 08:49

*Breaking news! Jokeblue is actually fairly philosophical and will pour out large quantities of philosojuice when given the correct setting and time to think. Stock prices skyrocket.*

I think pretty much every one has to be philosophical at some level. How else are you to figure things out and establish a world view without developing philosophies?

Jokeblue

Postby Ricky Denzel » 02 Feb 2015 10:22

Is that a trick question? If so: not very good

Childhood Ruined?
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Feb 2015 14:31

Here's The Drop™

When will then be now?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Feb 2015 16:32

Depends on if you're refering to 'then' as future or past.

How much Vinyl could Vinyl Scratch scratch if Vinyl Scratch could scratch vinyl?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Feb 2015 20:08

Maybe like 2 or 3, front hooves and possibly tail depending on her coordination and ability

What should my half dragon characters breath attack be? I'm not sure whether fire or electricity would be more useful but any other suggestions?

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 03 Feb 2015 00:16

Electricity. I have my reasons. Electricity can do anything from power a computer to fry a sausage, and cooking a sausage with high voltage is way cooler than using fire.

What would you rather think about. A moral or a scientific dilemma?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Ricky Denzel » 03 Feb 2015 10:25

Morals. So then people will learn factorial things

That's the difference between a thriller and a horror? If you get this wrong, i'll kick your ass
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Jokeblue » 03 Feb 2015 16:03

Horror is more about the horrifying aspects of it with like blood and gore and nasty things were as a thriller doesn't necessarily have to have gore/horror and is more about a gripping story, I think? Either way, horrors usually tend to be demon/ghost centered or whatever while thrillers are more crime/people centered.

Like an example of a Horror would be Drag me to hell, while an example of thriller would be Duel.

Is that right?

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 04 Feb 2015 18:07

I think so... My idea is:
Thriller: shit's goin down, they don't even need to show it, you just know some real deep shit's goin down
where as
Horror: You see that shit getting fucked up! And it's HORRIFYING!!!!

C++ or Python?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Ricky Denzel » 05 Feb 2015 11:44

Monty Python

do you Pray or make a wish?
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby FLAOFEI » 05 Feb 2015 17:48

I don't do either regularly, but I do think to myself "Oh God no... pleas don't let that happen" . If it doesn't happen I thank God, but if it doesn't I ask God to damn it. That's pretty much as close to praying I get... but it's still kinda just making a wish, since it doesn't make sense to me why God would help someone cause they asked nicley. If he did, what would happen to his plan for everything.

Domino or Yatzy?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

PreviousNext

Return to Games