General Synthesizer Discussion + Feedback

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

Re: General Synthesizer Discussion + Feedback

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 02 Feb 2014 00:56

Would anyone recommend getting something from Tone2 like Gladiator or Electrax? I've heard good things about both and I'm thinking of either getting one of those or FM8 as my next synth purchase.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 02 Feb 2014 01:37

I have checked out Tone2's Nemesis (their new synth), and it sounds quite nice. I highly recommend you download the demo and check it out for yourself.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby JSynth » 09 Feb 2014 16:25

So how many people here have a full copy of Reaktor 5? I ask this because in the future, I am probably going to make a thread looking for feedback on the synth that I am working on. Even if you are not an expert on Reaktor I could use your feedback.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Actium » 09 Feb 2014 19:29

If you're into chill stuff, Zebra2 is amazing.
Actium

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby JSynth » 17 Feb 2014 19:03

I have used it a few times, but it seemed to suck up my CPU fast. I might give it another shot though.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 12 Apr 2014 01:08

Kyoga wrote:I've compiled some of my little NI Massive experiments and created a small NI Massive Patches bundle. :D for those of you who own a copy of Massive, enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kab1c ... ndbank.rar

Very nice! Very unique, seems like it's mostly cinematic type sound.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Acsii » 06 May 2014 07:38

So guys I have feedback on the TB03 and the TR08.
The TR-08 is amazing. It is a really good revamp and produces really nice sounds and the preset sounds are really nice. The TB03 is well meh. it's neat some of the play styles you can do because it's touch screen. However it has less features than the original and is really dumbed down and the sound just isn't 303 enough for me. I compared the TB-03 side by side to an original TB-303 and well although the new one ways less it is slightly bulkier and just well too basic. I also tested the VT-3 and wow is all I can say. Once I have the money I will definitely be getting a TR-08 and VT-3. However I will have to think about the TB-03 the one thing that makes me want to possibly buy it is the price... and the fact you can still do some original TB-03 sounds.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 11 May 2014 20:33

I tried the demo for Electrax as suggested. It's a great sounding synth but JEEZ the demo was poor. I get going through presets and stuff, it's a fine way of demonstrating what it can do, but I can't initiate, which I also get because they don't want people using it without buying it, but it's just really dang annoying going through a bunch of really good sounding presets and not being able to try anything myself. If they just did what NI does and limit it to half an hour that'd be much better.

But yeah I'm still a lot more positively swayed now.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 22 Jul 2014 02:24

Update for my Synths:
So yea I didn't make the video because the prototype, being a prototype, broke because it shorted against the faceplate. However I have good news. The PCBs for the production model have been designed and I am getting a quote for them. This means that soon there will be a production prototype, which basically means the first of the production models built. Also if anyone wants to buy the half shorted and not rush soldered prototype PM me, I will replace the shorted IC and send it to you, price not including shipping AU$80. Please note that the modulation circuits are not wired up and neither is the CV in.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Previous

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice