Looks Like We Have a Music Thief

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Looks Like We Have a Music Thief

Postby JSynth » 02 Aug 2014 17:34

I got a link today to this sound cloud. AmpyPony
They have uploaded one of my tracks claiming it as their own. Right now, they have also uploaded over 200 tracks in the past month, which makes me certain that they have music by other people too.

I suggest that you take some time looking through their tracks and seeing if there is any that belong to you.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Re: Looks Like We Have a Music Thief

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Aug 2014 17:56

Just the sheer amount of tracks they've put up alone is fishy.

They've also stolen LittlePonyDJ's remix of The Rappin Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts. So yeah a lot of these tracks are probably stolen. Y'all should definitely go through it and pull out any songs you recognize. Seriously I have no idea what goes through people's heads when they steal music like that or how they think they can get away with it.

This guys just ridiculous.

Undo him pls
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby eery » 02 Aug 2014 18:04

JSynth wrote:I suggest that you take some time looking through their tracks and seeing if there is any that belong to you.

Jokeblue wrote:Y'all should definitely go through it and pull out any songs you recognize.

Who has the time.

Report them to SC I guess, pretty much all that can be done, I mean, its not like they're really gaining anything from this.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby OfficeBats » 02 Aug 2014 22:01

Ah you got my message. Right i'm working with someone to collect all of the original songs. We already got maybe 10 taken down.
OfficeBats

Postby Spikey Wikey » 02 Aug 2014 22:07

OfficeBats wrote:Ah you got my message. Right i'm working with someone to collect all of the original songs. We already got maybe 10 taken down.

We're in the process of writing out a comprehensive list of every track that was stolen and posted on her Soundcloud. We've debunked over half of the 250 songs and we're working on the second half right now. The complete list will be posted here once it's finished.

We simply won't stand to see so much stolen property. The collective amount of time that went into the production for all of these songs and the amount of artists stolen from is disturbing. We won't let this go on any longer.
Spikey Wikey

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 02 Aug 2014 22:32

Ok, but Ampy has a remix of Glaze's "Awoken"
https://soundcloud.com/ampypony/awoken-ampy-remix

And it's not the original. It's pretty much boosting of some frequencies and shitty mixing, with some different composition. Awful as it is, it technically is a "remix". It's the same thing with his remix of Mando's "Horse Famous": link.

Other than that, I haven't follow the music side of the fandom since Alex and Glaze pretty much left, so I can't tell if he actually stole anything or if he just makes bad remixes. Perhaps some of you could make it more clear what tracks this guy is stealing? Perhaps posting the original then Ampy's "remix"?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby OfficeBats » 02 Aug 2014 22:53

itroitnyah wrote:Ok, but Ampy has a remix of Glaze's "Awoken"
https://soundcloud.com/ampypony/awoken-ampy-remix

And it's not the original. It's pretty much boosting of some frequencies and shitty mixing, with some different composition. Awful as it is, it technically is a "remix". It's the same thing with his remix of Mando's "Horse Famous": link.

Other than that, I haven't follow the music side of the fandom since Alex and Glaze pretty much left, so I can't tell if he actually stole anything or if he just makes bad remixes. Perhaps some of you could make it more clear what tracks this guy is stealing? Perhaps posting the original then Ampy's "remix"?

Both remixes are stolen. *Female
OfficeBats

Postby Spikey Wikey » 02 Aug 2014 23:31

ALRIGHT EVERYONE

Here's an in-progress list of everything Ampy's stolen and claimed as her own. The light grey, boxed text is the link to the stolen song on her Soundcloud page, and the youtube/soundcloud/audiotool link beside it is the original song. The list is being added to as we find out the originals for every track she's taken.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XMV ... sp=sharing

IF YOU ARE ON THIS LIST, note that you can't message her on Soundcloud unless she's following you. Her Tumblr and Facebook pages seem to be the best means of contacting her. Commenting on the Soundcloud upload will most likely get your comment removed and your account banned from her profile, so please proceed with caution.

Also keep in mind that Ampy suffers from anxiety attacks as well as some other personal issues. Please don't harass her or make her feel threatened. Kindly request the song's removal in a non-aggressive tone. We don't want to make this situation worse than it is.
Spikey Wikey

Postby Ricky Denzel » 03 Aug 2014 11:07

So much for plan b...

On a serious note: I don't see any of my trackd on there. Thank God. I take music stealing serious and what you guys are saying makes sense.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Viricide Filly » 03 Aug 2014 11:53

I can't wait for the day my song is stolen. I will laugh, cry and drink.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby ph00tbag » 03 Aug 2014 12:02

I'm Horse Famous enough that people are stealing my music. \o/
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio

Postby VINXIS » 03 Aug 2014 12:14

eery wrote:Report them to SC I guess, pretty much all that can be done, I mean, its not like they're really gaining anything from this.

don'tknowwhyanyofyoucan'tjustdothisinsteadbutok
VINXIS

Primary: Ableton 9 live (like 99% of the time)
Cutie Mark: pls

Postby Spikey Wikey » 03 Aug 2014 13:05

VINXIS wrote:
eery wrote:Report them to SC I guess, pretty much all that can be done, I mean, its not like they're really gaining anything from this.

because, unfortunately, it's not that easy. We could report her if she'd broken copyright laws, but she technically hasn't when none of the audio she's stolen was copyright protected.
Spikey Wikey

Postby eery » 03 Aug 2014 13:24

Spikey Wikey wrote:
VINXIS wrote:

because, unfortunately, it's not that easy. We could report her if she'd broken copyright laws, but she technically hasn't when none of the audio she's stolen was copyright protected.

Bullshit, if it was released with a license, which is always is on soundcloud at least, it has copyright already depending on which license you've released it with.By default this is all rights reserved, which clearly means people cant just take your shit and claim its theirs. Same with creative commons, which allows for derative works, but not plainup stealing.

Im pretty sure youtube as well makes you to use a license, although I never upload there, so I've never really knew.

Consult this stuff for like info on how to remove it
https://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use#rep ... ringements

Copyright isnt like patents, you dont need to patent a song.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Navron » 03 Aug 2014 13:55

Spikey Wikey wrote:
VINXIS wrote:

As the original artist, you automatically have full copyright of any material you upload. The only reason those rights would be waived would be if you had agreed to a contract stating so prior to uploading.

That's why youtube is such a stickler about copyright. Any video you upload is automatically counted as your own creation and you have all rights to it, including the right to monetize views.

Creative commons is an easy way to establish certain rules that people can utilize to create derivative works and avoid having to contact you directly, but you still own the copyright, and no, making small EQ changes and not really changing the song's original sound and flow is more along the lines of remastering. Definitely not a remix.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby OfficeBats » 03 Aug 2014 14:46

Ampy's soundcloud is now gone.
OfficeBats

Postby JSynth » 03 Aug 2014 14:50

Awesome.

Spikey Wikey wrote:
VINXIS wrote:

IDK about other countries, but in the US, once you record a piece of creative work, it is immediately protected by copyright law. The thing is, you can't take them to court unless you have it filed. But I don't think any of us were planning on making a court case.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby ph00tbag » 03 Aug 2014 22:12

And for the record, you have to really go in and get the copyright filed. You can't just mail a CD of the recording to yourself. If you take that to a court, everyone will laugh at you, including the bailiff.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio

Return to Off-Topic Discussion