what makes you mad

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: what makes you mad

Postby caprix snare » 15 Jul 2014 19:12

when I contradict myself. I get so angry I feel to sick too eat for the rest of the day because it.
space pirates from mars.
caprix snare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: al bout da booty

Postby Stakeout Punch » 16 Jul 2014 13:33

What makes me mad?

Okay so many of you are familiar with the free DAW, LMMS. The top 3 things that make me mad are all related to it.

1) When someone calls it a piece of shit because they are comparing it to a commercial DAW that costs 100% more

2) When someone that uses LMMS acts like their music is shitty because they use LMMS

3) When said artist still acts like their shitty music should get them attention because they made it with LMMS

It makes me mad 'cause I use LMMS myself and find it a very capable program for being free, and most of the time the people making the terrible music I mentioned with it didn't get any better when they pirated FL or whatever.
I rarely visit anymore. Also known as ZeoHeart and Xeno.
https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/sets/adios-ep
Stakeout Punch

Primary: FL 12 XXL
Cutie Mark: Banhammer

Postby Toothpaste » 16 Jul 2014 18:43

This is quite the popular thread right now. Why not?

Three things that make me mad:

1) People who don't listen, especially when you are the one who holds authority over them. Seriously, they should obey the first time and avoid the consequences.

2) Pride. Seriously, you may be awesome at something, but please don't shove it everyone's faces.

Here we go... Please don't hurt me >.<
3) Let It Go. Yes, the song. It's not bad, but it's overplayed. Way too overplayed. Not to mention the stupid amount of remixes, covers, and parodies. I used to like it, but now I can't stand it. I cringe every time I hear a little girl sing it, or anyone else for that matter. It also doesn't help that some people sing it around me just to get on my nerves. -.-'
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby Stakeout Punch » 16 Jul 2014 19:10

Toothpaste wrote:3) Let It Go. Yes, the song. It's not bad, but it's overplayed. Way too overplayed. Not to mention the stupid amount of remixes, covers, and parodies. I used to like it, but now I can't stand it. I cringe every time I hear a little girl sing it, or anyone else for that matter. It also doesn't help that some people sing it around me just to get on my nerves. -.-'

Funny story actually, my local WalMart had to stop playing Frozen on their demo TV wall because pretty much every little girl and her mom would stand in the electronics section and sing it as loudly as possible.
I rarely visit anymore. Also known as ZeoHeart and Xeno.
https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/sets/adios-ep
Stakeout Punch

Primary: FL 12 XXL
Cutie Mark: Banhammer

Postby Toothpaste » 17 Jul 2014 01:25

Stakeout Punch wrote:
Toothpaste wrote:3) Let It Go. Yes, the song. It's not bad, but it's overplayed. Way too overplayed. Not to mention the stupid amount of remixes, covers, and parodies. I used to like it, but now I can't stand it. I cringe every time I hear a little girl sing it, or anyone else for that matter. It also doesn't help that some people sing it around me just to get on my nerves. -.-'

Funny story actually, my local WalMart had to stop playing Frozen on their demo TV wall because pretty much every little girl and her mom would stand in the electronics section and sing it as loudly as possible.

Ok, I wouldn't mind seeing that though XD
I should start blasting Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley in some public place and see how many people sing along with me XD

Also, another thing that frustrates me... People taking my ideas before I release mine.
I made a demo song called "Horse Famous" a while back, two days later MandoPony releases Horse Famous, and I was like "Say Whaaaaaaaaat?!"
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby Ricky Denzel » 17 Jul 2014 13:18

Toothpaste wrote:Let It Go. Yes, the song. It's not bad, but it's overplayed. Way too overplayed. Not to mention the stupid amount of remixes, covers, and parodies. I used to like it, but now I can't stand it. I cringe every time I hear a little girl sing it, or anyone else for that matter. It also doesn't help that some people sing it around me just to get on my nerves. -.-'

I don't care what the fuck you gotta say. Let the song go on. The song is gonna kill us all anyway!

Bad bronies. The kind of bronies that think everything has to go their way all the time.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby PENG-1 » 23 Jul 2014 16:18

People who shove opinions down other people's throats. Enough said.
Some penguin obsessed idiot with FL Studio.
PENG-1

Primary: Abelton/Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Ricky Denzel » 30 Jul 2014 20:13

^ What he said LOL

Your message contains 18 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 25.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby itroitnyah » 30 Jul 2014 22:41

Hate mongers.

As a good example, since Funnyjunk is usually full of these people, a post was floating around that site about some 11 y/o who tried to hang himself because of bullying because he liked mlp, fighting for his life, whatever. Well 4chin anon was like "He's obviously not fighting for his life if he tried to end it". yeah, I thought that was funny, but then the comment section was all like "good, bronies r faggots" and a bunch of garbled hate. Pretty frustratingly stupid, but I suppose that's why I don't visit funnyjunk very often anymore.

Also

People who are their own car people/classic car people. Talking about cars and you mention Porsche? "Oh, I can beat a porsche in my truck or some classic muscle car I own". It's like they think classic muscle cars or whatever car they drive is the only type of good car in the world. I'm not going to tell anybody that classic muscle cars are bad, although I'm not a huge fan of them, but if you straight up claim that muscle cars are superior, I think you will have some challenge to make me believe that.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Guthey » 30 Jul 2014 23:40

itroitnyah wrote:Hate mongers.

As a good example, since Funnyjunk is usually full of these people, a post was floating around that site about some 11 y/o who tried to hang himself because of bullying because he liked mlp, fighting for his life, whatever. Well 4chin anon was like "He's obviously not fighting for his life if he tried to end it". yeah, I thought that was funny, but then the comment section was all like "good, bronies r faggots" and a bunch of garbled hate. Pretty frustratingly stupid, but I suppose that's why I don't visit funnyjunk very often anymore.

Funnyjunk is like 4chan's little brother.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby itroitnyah » 31 Jul 2014 09:16

Since FJ has actually been around a bit longer than 4chan (or so I've been told), wouldn't that make funnyjunk 4chan's mentally retarded older brother?
itroitnyah

Postby DJ TATCM » 03 Aug 2014 19:33

AmpyPony's odd little experiment made me rather cross, briefly, but that's all resolved now c:
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby JSynth » 03 Aug 2014 20:21

Life.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 Aug 2014 07:26

Making videos for tracks for youtube...
I only have Windows Live Movie Makes, which is crap, so I have pretty much no editing options... and rendering takes ages to :(
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Injustrial » 08 Aug 2014 09:09

I've also only got WLMM and it keeps compressing my files to the unrecognizable. An 80 mb track should not become a 22 mb video!
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby DJ TATCM » 08 Aug 2014 09:50

FLAOFEI wrote:Making videos for tracks for youtube...
I only have Windows Live Movie Makes, which is crap, so I have pretty much no editing options... and rendering takes ages to :(

Injustrial wrote:I've also only got WLMM and it keeps compressing my files to the unrecognizable. An 80 mb track should not become a 22 mb video!

If you have a video that's just a static image (like the R&R vid as your trailer flao pon), you can create a setting that renders quickly by going into "Save movie" and scrolling down to "Create Custom Setting"..in the drop down menu on the window which pops up, select "For high-definition display" and change the frame rate from 29.97fps to 1fps. and just select that custoom setting next time you have a video like that if you didn't already do that i mean D: just a solution for those kinds of videos :c
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 Aug 2014 12:16

DJ TATCM wrote: 1fps

Now that's not a bad idea!

Injustrial wrote:I've also only got WLMM and it keeps compressing my files to the unrecognizable. An 80 mb track should not become a 22 mb video!

Can't you chose the qualit? I pretty much always chose the full HD and the highest posible audio quality.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Injustrial » 08 Aug 2014 14:27

So do I, but it's still super compressed. I'm gonna look into other programs
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Aug 2014 22:29

Windows Media Player is stupid and can't play compressed files very well. I guess it decides to keep them compressed when it plays them. Try playing the compressed video with something like VLC or Media Player Classic, which are actually good for playing videos.
itroitnyah

Postby FLAOFEI » 09 Aug 2014 01:02

Whyare tubas so expensive? And that goes for all bass instruments, why so spensive?! How am I suposed afford a tuba and a double bass and a set of timpanis? Answer is no! I want them, but I can't have them :'(
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Stuntddude » 09 Aug 2014 14:07

itroitnyah wrote:Windows Media Player is stupid and can't play compressed files very well. I guess it decides to keep them compressed when it plays them. Try playing the compressed video with something like VLC or Media Player Classic, which are actually good for playing videos.

That's not how video compression works, though. Unless the video player is written wrong, or the video file is corrupted, any two video players will produce the same uncompressed video from any one file. The video player you use doesn't matter in that respect.

Also, if your original 80 MB audio was a lossless file, and you're making it into a still-frame video in a format with good inter-frame compression, 22 MB is a totally reasonable file size for the resulting video. In general, you should always judge the quality by actually watching and listening, or at least by the file specs, never just by the file size.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby eery » 09 Aug 2014 17:05

WMP is notoriously bad though. What it depends on is the codecs, and if I remember right, there wasnt really a way to choose your codecs in WMP so you were stuck with the wmp ones.

I'd suggest getting something like MPC and the CCCP. http://www.cccp-project.net/

Anyways, something that makes me mad is derailing threads.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby itroitnyah » 10 Aug 2014 22:02

Yeah, whenever I view movies with WMP they're always all pixelated and look like poor quality.

Derailing threads doesn't happen very often so I have no comment on it. Ok, it does, but it's generally not very bad.

What infuriates me about work is that there are these five water jets. Of course everybody loves to step on them because then the pressure gets pushed over to the other ones. All fun, but it makes me want to push them whenever they slightly angle their foot, on purpose or accident, and a huge rake of water goes all over the tables near those water jets. And the worse part is when they don't even know.
itroitnyah

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 30 Sep 2014 07:17

FLAOFEI wrote:Whyare tubas so expensive? And that goes for all bass instruments, why so spensive?! How am I suposed afford a tuba and a double bass and a set of timpanis? Answer is no! I want them, but I can't have them :'(

I agree with you man. I want some Quint Drums (Quads or Tenor Drums) and A Marching Snare Drum and possibly another guitar but I don't got the money. Yet.
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Careful where you step, because I have dropped my bass somewhere...
Covers of Bands I need to do:
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Primary: Audacity, Fl Studio (Soon, most recent version), Ableton (Soon, most recent version)
Cutie Mark: Headphones and Music Notes

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion