Your avatars affect your posts

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Your avatars affect your posts

Postby Jokeblue » 24 Mar 2014 06:37

Is that how it happens for most people, eery? I must have been confused as to how this process usually works, as when I was summoned to the World of Svartalfheim by the high commanding Dökkálfar, I was asked to choose a companion. Looking through all the candidates I recognised a creature I had seen in another world, known as a changeling, turn itself into the one seen in my avatar, and I was like "Yeah this one's chill" and so after having chosen a soul-bound companion and merged it's being with mine, gaining it's power's, I readily thrust myself through the rift between worlds, leading the armies of Darkness in the battle against Asgard to be the herald of ragnarok or the requiem of stuff and the doer of things or something. However, I could not stand to see the evil I wrought upon the lands we conquered, and so, taking up the mythical and legendary weapons, the Broadsword "Lightbringer" and the Kite Shield "Dawnbreaker", I turned myself against the Dökkálfar overlords. The battle raged for a single day, and the the odds were against me I emerged victorious, breaking free of my subservience to the wickedness of their empire thanks to the power and guidance granted upon me by the glorious Princess of the Sun

I turned my quest to the righting of the wrongs I had commit across the worlds, but despite my paradigm shift, many could not forgive me my misdeeds. Though recognizing my repentance and conquering of the darkness that had oppressed their lands, I was left to seek further atonement.

Wandering the many worlds between the rifts and dimensions, I strove for my absolution. One fateful night on Tamriel - a world now long lost to time - my wandering brought me across the path of a strange man sitting atop a broken wagon, singing a song while plucking the strings on an acoustic bass. He was bloodied and injured, but more curiously a dozen men lay massacred, paled in the moonlight. The man seemed obviously worn out and battered from whatever ordeal he had faced, and I asked the man what had transpired in this place. He said that earlier that night, he too, wandered across this broken wagon. There was a man standing beside it who was looking quite distraught asking for assistance. When he came closer he foolishly lowered his guard when the man by the wagon attacked and two raiders ambushed him from the forest. Reacting he fought back. Defeating the first two, more men rushed from the forest, the large party of fierce bandits having no remorse for this single man who had slain two of their own. But the man defeated his attackers, despite taking a crippling injury to his leg.

I was intrigued. These men who had attacked him were battle worn and well equipped. How had this ordinary man managed to take down all twelve and escape with his life? The man smiled and would not say. So, I engaged in a lengthy conversation with him. Hearing the story of the worlds I crossed, he offered me a proposal - he would tell me the secret behind his strength, as well as give me his instrument and teach me how to play it, so long as I mended his leg. I immediately prepared to mend his leg, but he insisted that he teach me the instrument first. So, humoring him even though he urgently needed the medical aid, I allowed him to school me in the art of the musical axe. It wasn't a long lesson and he recommended going to the bards college to learn more, but it was enough to learn the basics, but I was surprised to find that I had almost a natural affinity to the instrument. But without further ado, I insisted that I mend his leg. Surprisingly (though obviously wincing with pain), the man stood up. The pupils of his eyes had narrowed, and I found myself paralyzed. Smiling, it was too late when I saw the glint of his fangs.

The sensation of blood being drained from my neck was chilling. Quickly going light headed I found myself in the ground among the bodies of the bandits. The man, now standing tall and completely healed looked down at me. He was thankful for my ready comradery, he said, as most who were as educated or well traveled as he or I would have noticed what he was upon first sight under the moonlight - and would never dared approach him. He considered the curse he bestowed upon me a gift - and as I faded from consciousness, the Vampire disappeared into the night.

I awake to the stinging pain of the sunlight and the growling of bears. My flesh burning I quickly retreated to the shade of the forest, equipping a cloak from my pack. A wild bear was casually eating one of the bodies not far from where I lay. I went to grab my sword Lightbringer in defence, but the searing power of the sun contained in the blade burned through the leather of my glove. The man from last night, the Vampire, had cursed me with his disease. Remembering the the guards of the Moon Princess, the younger sister of the Sun Princess, appeared to carry similar traits of the vampiric kind without any negative side effect, I sought to return to another world between the rifts, a land called Equestria, where I hoped to find a cure from the Young Princess of the Moon, but to also train in the ways of the Lunar powers as I had with the Sun Princess, in order to learn the true balance between light and dark.

But when I got there I got distracted by this site and just started making music

...I'm bored now.

Also eery that's still the one of the most adorable pictures of Rarity in existence.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Jokeblue » 24 Mar 2014 06:42

Thankyou :3 Though I must say it took a while for me to sort out my own lore and get everything straightened out.

I probably should have been more on-topic with my post though... aaaaa Your avatar makes you seem really silly and carefree and fun but also from the roof so that when you type you have to type upside down or some shizz. Yaaay on-topic

Jokeblue

Postby Viricide Filly » 28 Mar 2014 04:14

Princess Unikitty's motto is "stay positive"
So is mine.
Also we're both fehkin adorable.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Callenby » 04 Apr 2014 01:10

THERE. NOW IT'S AN OC. ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW?
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 04 Apr 2014 01:46

I'm still a homicidal leprechaun :D
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Jokeblue » 04 Apr 2014 02:20

Callenby wrote:THERE. NOW IT'S AN OC. ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW?

Aaah! Callenby what happened Callenby what happened Callenby what happened How could you possibly have changed to an even more adorable avatar??!

Jokeblue

Postby CitricAcid » 04 Apr 2014 05:23

Now you're making me wish that my avatar was more adorable.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Apr 2014 08:28

Did Ric-M make it? :P
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Freewave » 04 Apr 2014 14:26

I kinda feel bad in that i turn images off because most of my surf time on mlr is while I'm at work. This lack of being able to match an avatar with a person is sadly one of the negatives of using the forum this way. The only times i get to see avatars are when im' logged off or when i'm pulling up a profile to pm or ban them. :shock: :eek: :lol:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Apr 2014 14:55

I guess it helps for the neutral stance that is present in a lot of moderators? :P
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Callenby » 04 Apr 2014 22:33

Jokeblue wrote:

Aaah! Callenby what happened Callenby what happened Callenby what happened How could you possibly have changed to an even more adorable avatar??!

I finally gave in and made a commission, that's what!

NOW, ALL OF YOU, KNEEL BEFORE SUCH CUTENESS!

Okay I swear I'm done with all caps.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Callenby

Postby Jokeblue » 05 Apr 2014 04:42

Callenby wrote:
Jokeblue wrote:

I finally gave in and made a commission, that's what!

NOW, ALL OF YOU, KNEEL BEFORE SUCH CUTENESS!

GLADLY

Jokeblue

Postby Fl Brony » 22 Apr 2014 07:37

I feel so left out, MY AVATAR ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING CUTE ;~;
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Stakeout Punch » 22 Apr 2014 18:36

And then there is me over here being all flashy... literally
I rarely visit anymore. Also known as ZeoHeart and Xeno.
https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/sets/adios-ep
Stakeout Punch

Primary: FL 12 XXL
Cutie Mark: Banhammer

Postby Acsii » 23 Apr 2014 18:44

Mine is quite literally me all the time XD
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby FritzyBeat » 19 May 2014 03:04

Speaking of Avatars, I've been thinking of changing mine to my pony OC. Same picture that can be found on my youtube channel.

Image (this, only it'd be bigger X3)

I wanted to change it to reflect me a little more, but its also not a really big deal to me if I change it or not at all, so I wanted to ask you guy what you thought first because I know a few of you rather enjoy this avatar, and don;t like it when people change their icon X3
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Jokeblue » 19 May 2014 05:54

Aw that means I'd have to get used to not bobbing my head around every time I see your avatar :c

Haha nah, it's not a bad Idea. I see you around on youtube enough with that one so switching to something you already use shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's really up to you. I'm sure most people were used to my deep, blue intensifying stare until I changed it recently

Jokeblue

Postby FLAOFEI » 19 May 2014 06:11

Jokeblue wrote:I'm sure most people were used to my deep, blue intensifying stare until I changed it recently

I was. I had staring contests with that thing! Now I have them with this thing
Image And it always blinks first!!!

Fritzy! I like your OC avatar :3
But I like Derpy to... Decisions, decisions...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Callenby » 29 May 2014 22:19

Ooooh oooooh! How does mine affect my posts now?

Callenby

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Jun 2014 19:18

Hmmm... The avatar looks happy, but slightly naive with that smile... Sooooo I'm gonna have to say your posts look more fun, but since it's really artsy and high quality you can still be taken seriously.
I believe you have combined the best of both worlds in this avatar. Smile/laughter shows you can joke around, but the high quality shows you have high standards.
It's kinda like one of those preschool teachers who both plays with the kids and is cool with adults. I like it!
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Fl Brony » 02 Jun 2014 19:50

Them polka plot mmm <3
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Stakeout Punch » 02 Jun 2014 20:53

If mine still effects my posts I'm scared...
I rarely visit anymore. Also known as ZeoHeart and Xeno.
https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/sets/adios-ep
Stakeout Punch

Primary: FL 12 XXL
Cutie Mark: Banhammer

Postby Acsii » 02 Jun 2014 21:21

Stakeout Punch wrote:If mine still effects my posts I'm scared...

Single penetration :P
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Alycs » 03 Jun 2014 16:55

Abby Noooo

Also I'm not envisioning Ascii as a restless furry; which is honestly how I envision most people on the internet but Ascii is slightly more restless and a pinch more furry than the rest.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby ph00tbag » 03 Jun 2014 17:28

Acsii wrote:Single penetration :P

ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank