Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Ofish-some Discussion Thread

Postby simonli2575 » 21 Apr 2014 04:30

eery wrote:APRILS FOOLS ON YOUR VIRICIDE AHAHAHAHAHAHA

April 21st, 2014, 5:47 pm
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Stuntddude » 21 Apr 2014 04:43

Bronies Are Cool wrote:<(I can't believe I read this whole post)>

Parents hate to believe that their kids aren't totally under their control. Girlfriends/boyfriends/datemates really mess with that. It's a fucked up, but often inevitable destination of the parent/child relationship that stuff like that happens (parents blatantly fabricating things to try to incriminate you). I wish I could give some useful life advice to go with that, but... sorry dude :/
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Apr 2014 06:57

I am going to try to live with my friend for the summer. Because I am really sick of living at my house. Me and my friend are going to see what his parents would say about it. Because they are understanding people and they know that I hate living at my house and that I have a hard time with my parents. I even said I am willing to pay some rent if it was a low enough amount that I would actually be able to pay it. I hope that they say yes because then i just have to get mine to say yes. which hopefully would not be too hard. I would talk to my dad about it because he is a lot easier to convinve for stuff like this. My mom is just a #$%^ person so she is not who i would talk to for anything
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ph00tbag » 21 Apr 2014 07:49

It could be worse, BaC. Your parents could be trying to get you laid.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby simonli2575 » 21 Apr 2014 07:55

Oh hey, we have two lego-cats now.
Everything is awesome.
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
simonli2575

Postby Jokeblue » 21 Apr 2014 08:46

JacksonMiller wrote:Apparently nobody likes long pointless stories. TL DR :p

Dude thats pretty dickish...

Like i get what you were doing by copying his sig and all, but... No.

ExoBassTix wrote:
Viricide Filly wrote:Exo you do realise it's not New Year for another like 8 months right?

In a certain culture that I'm learning about, it has just been new year.
:3

D'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'niD'ni
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby ph00tbag » 21 Apr 2014 10:17

simonli2575 wrote:Oh hey, we have two lego-cats now.
Everything is awesome.

Everything is cool when you're part of a team.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Viricide Filly » 21 Apr 2014 10:28

I think me and Ph00t changed our avatars at like the same time or something without knowing.
Unikitty is awesome tho.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Apr 2014 16:18

Jokeblue wrote:
JacksonMiller wrote:Apparently nobody likes long pointless stories. TL DR :p

Dude thats pretty dickish...

Like i get what you were doing by copying his sig and all, but... No.

I am glad someone said it because I wasn't. It's not cool to be mean aroun here. I don't think I need to make a diagram about how we should all be friends or at least friendly. You are on a brony forum, lets set an example of how the fandom should look like. Like nice people, not mean people.
I don't wanna start any fights with what I said so please don't be offended with my comment.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 21 Apr 2014 16:52

I agree to BaC. It's not cool to hurt people like that (nor in any way), and even though it's happened a lot here in the past, that doesn't mean I tolerate it more. Not cool.

Apparently one can use Fruity Parametric EQ to raise the sustain of a sound (maybe just groups of frequencies, dunno). What.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby S.P.P » 21 Apr 2014 17:10

ExoBassTix wrote:one can use Fruity Parametric EQ to raise the sustain of a sound (maybe just groups of frequencies, dunno). What.

An EQ affects gain at different frequencies. So if you boost a frequency by enough, that frequency will be the last one heard at the decay of the sound. You're not affecting the length of the sound in any way, just enabling some frequencies to be heard for longer. :3
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Apr 2014 18:00

so as my story develops, my gf told her parents about the whole situation. and her parents were angry with her and made her break up with me today.

today was our 6 month mark for dating. 6 months exactly. and now its over.
but, i am not going to be sad about it really. Like, its unfortunate, but its not the end of the world. it just kind of sucks. Plus, its not like I can't date her in the future once her parents are not so steamed. She is just going to have to earn their respect back, which I know she will be able to given time. :)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 21 Apr 2014 22:14

Oh shit I never knew it was this bad for you Bac :( hope things eventually pan out
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ph00tbag » 21 Apr 2014 23:46

Viricide Filly wrote:I think me and Ph00t changed our avatars at like the same time or something without knowing.
Unikitty is awesome tho.

Yeah, I hadn't seen your avatar until after I changed mine. I figure they're different pics, so it's not as confusing.

Also, Unikitty is love.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby simonli2575 » 21 Apr 2014 23:51

And sometimes rage.
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
simonli2575

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 Apr 2014 01:42

Bronies Are Cool wrote:so as my story develops, my gf told her parents about the whole situation. and her parents were angry with her and made her break up with me today.

today was our 6 month mark for dating. 6 months exactly. and now its over.
but, i am not going to be sad about it really. Like, its unfortunate, but its not the end of the world. it just kind of sucks. Plus, its not like I can't date her in the future once her parents are not so steamed. She is just going to have to earn their respect back, which I know she will be able to given time. :)

Holy balls man, that's horrible!
I can give you some advice for your parents though.

Just, tell them you have something important and serious to talk about with them, sit them down at some table and tell them exactly your experience with last few days (if it were last few days though). Be sure to mention everything, how things made you feel, how you really don't consider home as a home anymore, just explain your emotions, but don't verbally attack your parents.
Parents love their kid, however much you could disagree with that. They want the best for you, but it's not always as easy to give you the best. They could be having struggles themselves or something. Anyways, I am very sure they'll hear you out. If they get mad or anything at some parts, don't get mad yourself (not even when they interrupt you to argue about one thing or another), but stay calm and tell them to be calm too, that anger only clouds your judgement.

Let them hear you out. Good parents will be hurt, like my dad was when I told him I felt more at home at the CCL than at home (and everything attached to that). Tell them you want to feel at home again, that you wanna work on that with them. It won't be easy opening up to your parents, but it's the best way. Just remember to be frank with them.
Best of luck man.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 23 Apr 2014 23:07

Sooooo, today turned out badly. Yesterday was also a bad day. My whole week has been just a mess. There is so much that has happened to me in the last few days.

And before I start, I didn't not read exo's post till just now.

Saturday: event happens. Dad is concerned. Tells gf dad is concerned.
Sunday: dad leaves out of town. Mom continues talk my dad had. Includes detail about us being inappropriate. Tells gf. She feels super bad now.
Monday: gf tells her parents. the break up
Tuesday: I see my gf talking to my sister at school. I'm sent away, it's private.
I go to pick up my bro from school. The moment I walk in the door back from that, my mom is mad at me about telling my gf anything that my parents had said to me. I'm confused why my mom even knows that I said anything to my gf. My mom says that I only told my gf what I did for 2 reasons. 1. Hurt her feelings. 2. Make my mom look bad. My mom is mad that I am an irresponsible child. She says I have a big mouth. I said that she also has a big mouth (out of anger I said that.) my mom slapped me across my face. I left to my room immediately. I stayed there for the rest of Tuesday. I start texting former gf and best friend. I find out from my former gf that her parents made her write an apology and she asked my sister to give it to my mom so that I would not know about it. That what when asked, I would have no clue about the letter and my parents would not think I made her write it. It was good intensions. Had bad results. I texted my dad saying I wanted to talk privately me and him over weekend. He asked what is going on. I explained everything I knew at that point in a massive text. He called the house. Me and my dad had a long conversation. (I was just crying/talking on the phone because we also had some personal things we were talking about. But I was very respectful to him the whole time.) he admitted he over reacted a little on Saturday because of things he experienced as he was my age. He also said he didn't know my mom had said anything to me Sunday.
Wednesday: my mom is still angry about Tuesday. She comtinues saying what she was saying from Tuesday. She throws false accusations at me. She tells me I'm irresponsible and have not shown I can be trusted. She tells me I called her a smart ass. I deny it and she explains what she meant by that. It was when I said she also had a big mouth. Apparently, that means I called her a smart ass. She grounds me officially from all electronics. Sends me to clean the truck. I clean it and stayed in the truck while it began to rain. I sat in my truck for 2-3 hours. I went inside and avoided my mom.

I found out a few important things today.
1. When I told my gf what my dad said, she was concerned, like how my dad was concerned.
2. When I told her what my mom said, that's when she felt bad. Because my mom added information my dad didnt.
3. Found out my mom added that information to me without my dad knowing nor wanting
4. My dad thinks I am a responsible and pretty mature guy
5. My mom tells me I am not and tries to purposefully make me angry

So, if anyone wonders why I hate my mom, this is a prime example. She is an instigator and stretches the truth or bends it.

I have been talking to a really good friend of mine. I am going to try to move out of my house this summer to get away from my mom. Hopefully, everything works out financially
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 23 Apr 2014 23:56

Goddamnit man, that is so unfair of your mother!

Two piece of advice:
1) Make sure your mom knows why you'd move away from her before you do move out.
2) Stay calm. You've experienced it yourself on tuesday that anger makes you say or do things out of impulse, which is very unhandy in this kind of situation.

Man I can't comprehend how hard this has to be for you. Just hang in there.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 24 Apr 2014 01:04

I agree with Exo. If you tell her why you want to move and explain yourself fully and calmly you might have a chance at resolving it. But if that doesn't work, and if it means you'll be happier in the long term, living off of crappy food in a shitty apartment for a while is worth it. Good luck BaC, you deserve it.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 24 Apr 2014 02:13

random people joining a skype call a flipping out when I have video on and then flipping out when they see how I have my hair
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 24 Apr 2014 03:06

I tried kontakt at university today. God diggity DANG I really liked it. Especially the Abby Road kits, those sounded so good ;v;
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 24 Apr 2014 04:20

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I tried kontakt at university today. God diggity DANG I really liked it. Especially the Abby Road kits, those sounded so good ;v;

*Abbey
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 24 Apr 2014 05:37

Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 24 Apr 2014 06:57

By moving out, I'll be living with my friend. Because I know him really well and his parents know me. I would not really mooch off them, I'd pay rent. I'd still have rules to follow but it's beats living in my home
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 24 Apr 2014 10:27

Dang BAC, very sorry to see you're having issues. I really hope your get things sorted out with your mom and others. :sad:

I DO want to bring up the fact that it MAY be smarter to post updates and such personal issues in the hugging & venting thread. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1357 That's what it is for. This thread while its very active shouldn't be used for such long written personal issues (its more for trivial stuff). I can assure you if you post there people will still be reading them and offering support (which you deserve). :wink:

Hope this makes sense.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion