Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 10 Sep 2014 21:18

But it's not because not everyone uses emojis or unicode characters, so there's not a need for it to be common knowledge, it's not common practice so it shouldn't be common knowledge.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 10 Sep 2014 21:28

Anyway, I can see this going in circles for a long time so I'll just move on.

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Also, the bronyaerospace was a total flop. I'm just calling it now

Frankly these things flop a lot. Not to be pessimistic about it, but you should always take entering these events with a grain of salt.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby ph00tbag » 10 Sep 2014 21:40

I just don't understand why we stopped calling them emoticons.

It's probably Apple's fault.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Jokeblue » 11 Sep 2014 04:02

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Anyway, I can see this going in circles for a long time so I'll just move on.

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Also, the bronyaerospace was a total flop. I'm just calling it now

Frankly these things flop a lot. Not to be pessimistic about it, but you should always take entering these events with a grain of salt.

The heck's bronyaerospace?
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby FLAOFEI » 11 Sep 2014 04:52

What the heck is an emoji... I have no idea. Also, it shouldn't be treated as common knowledge. I think a lot of things are obvios, and make the mistake of thinking everyone else thinks the same all the time. In my experience it's always best to assume other ppl are idiots who know and understand nothing untill proven otherwhisse.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Ricky Denzel » 11 Sep 2014 06:08

Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Sep 2014 11:55

Is anger at failing to acknowledge common knowledge also why a lot of people tend to get angry or pissed off or whatever at newlings in the producer world? What would be easy common knowledge to us might be complete gibberish to them.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Stuntddude » 11 Sep 2014 14:06

It's not ignorance of common knowledge that peeves me, it's an unwillingness to learn or correct oneself. But you may be right.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby DJ TATCM » 11 Sep 2014 14:25

Bronies Are Cool wrote:-school improv team-

what are the guidelines to improv you follow bc i can never do properly :-( i mean jazz improv for piano guitar and even ukelele comes second nature to me but acting is not my strong suit nor do i look good in a wetsuit D:
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby FLAOFEI » 11 Sep 2014 15:26

So anyone been on EQD today?
I have no idea what's on these... but I want them!!!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/my-little-pony-vinyl-records-appear.html
WANTS IT!!!
NEEDS IT!!!
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ph00tbag » 11 Sep 2014 15:29

Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of God.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby S.P.P » 11 Sep 2014 16:23

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING. SHOULD I PUT IT IN THE CD DRIVE?!
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Acsii » 11 Sep 2014 18:03

Pyrelight wrote:I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING. SHOULD I PUT IT IN THE CD DRIVE?!

NO IT WON'T FIT IN YOUR CD DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby JSynth » 11 Sep 2014 19:14

Acsii wrote:
Pyrelight wrote:I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING. SHOULD I PUT IT IN THE CD DRIVE?!

NO IT WON'T FIT IN YOUR CD DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to burn it to a cd first
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Ricky Denzel » 12 Sep 2014 06:39

I'm working on a remix contest for my new EP. All I need to do is finish the 5 songs I've already started on.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Acsii » 12 Sep 2014 06:50

So I'm back home tomorrow night. Which means I get to drive my car again <3. Also means I can make music again.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 12 Sep 2014 07:43

I have 3 options for going about my day tomorrow. 1) I lug 2 sets of clothes around for 12 hours and a bag to carry whatever I'm not wearing, 2 go back home and change (which would be twice as much in public transport and $20 for one day is too much for me)...or spend the entire day dressed as a pirate.

This is my adult life so far.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Toothpaste » 12 Sep 2014 11:42

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I have 3 options for going about my day tomorrow. 1) I lug 2 sets of clothes around for 12 hours and a bag to carry whatever I'm not wearing, 2 go back home and change (which would be twice as much in public transport and $20 for one day is too much for me)...or spend the entire day dressed as a pirate.

This is my adult life so far.

If that's what it's like being an adult, then sign me up! :D
Also, was it ever really a choice? Pirate all the way~
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Sep 2014 12:19

FLAOFEI wrote:So anyone been on EQD today?
I have no idea what's on these... but I want them!!!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/my-little-pony-vinyl-records-appear.html
WANTS IT!!!
NEEDS IT!!!

look at twilight. I mean, she is just a doofus. seriously, walking and reading is dangerous like texting and driving. Look, she's about to walk right into Applejack. what a fool.
And also, pinkie is being a jerk. Look. standing on top of those books making spike have to carry her extra weight. c'mon. i thought these ponies had it together a little more than that.

And...... in the second image,twilight is observing spike sleep..which is creepy. its like twilight doesn't know what he is doing. "Is he dead?" twilight said. "you're Flipping stupendous twilight" pinkie replied. And fluttershy is like, let's cook this bat. I know how much you all hate the bats so lets cook him up. like, when did she become so heartless to animals?
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Sep 2014 12:31

DJ TATCM wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:-school improv team-

what are the guidelines to improv you follow bc i can never do properly :-( i mean jazz improv for piano guitar and even ukelele comes second nature to me but acting is not my strong suit nor do i look good in a wetsuit D:

I dont really follow any guidelines other than "no brownbags" because little kids watch our shows. (I do no swearing and no sex jokes if you dont know what that means.) I just make up some character on the spot if I have a good idea and if someone else starts a skit, then I go based on what they say. Really, its all improvised (hence the name) So i dont really follow any specific way of doing it. i mean, other than thinking quick.
Also, projection is a big thing. speak loud. and use different voices (like voice acting)
learn different accents i can do the colorado american, the southern american, and a british one of some kind. (all brits sound the same to me, but im sure that the brits can tell the difference between their accents.)
And always remember to agree with other impov peeps. like, if someone calls you dad, then dont say that you are not their dad unless you have a really really good reason as to why and it makes quick sense to the other actor and the audince. but generally, just agree.

also, i didnt make the team this year, which is a real bummer.
however, i did make understudy. which is weird because the team never had an understudy before.
although half the members on the team did say that I and another girl who is really good should have made the cut instead of (persons X and Y) because they didnt really perform as well as me and the other girl. And I saw their performances and it wasn't amazing. I'm not entirely sure how they made the team. Several people commented that I was the funniest person in the audition and the teacher doing auditions laughed a ton at my performance. I thought that I had it in the bag, but i guess not. It makes me a bit upset. But I do get to show up to practice so I'll have fun doing that still. I'll just keep doing good and make her regret not picking me on the real team.
The people that did get on that did not perform super well are in her class, so I'm thinking that the fact that they have her as a teacher made them have a higher chance of making the team.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby LFP » 12 Sep 2014 13:59

Maybe they just wanted to give someone else the chance or saw the potential to improve in those people, something like that could be possible :3
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby DJ TATCM » 12 Sep 2014 17:46

and the fact that they created an understudy role for y'ins this year strongly suggests that it was a tight race, a close decision or something. i like that idea of accents, maybe i'll consider that when trying out this year (it's my senior year damn son)

also it's a shame that the aerospace thingy fell through, i'd like to see more details about that though bc some of those EMUs are worth a few million lol
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Sep 2014 03:31

Here's something weird for me to think about: I've been obsessing over one thing for literally two years now. Ponies. How did this ever happen to me?
I wonder what is the psychology behind this obsession because I still love it like one of those new bronies that gets really into mlp.

I went to the local game store and played magic the gathering for a few hours today. I was so bored. I can't lie about my experience and myself, I judged the people there. I didn't know them and silently judged them. I thought they were nerdy. They were nice enough, but still nerdy.
I was labelled as the brony pretty quickly. My shirt and hat would be to blame for the quick identification.

I had a lot more fun playing the mlp ccg with my ex girlfriend for a few hours today. We only played three games and I only won once. :/
I really wanna play that game with people.

I'm so tired I lost my train of though. I forgot what I was going to day and now I'm just rambling.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Sep 2014 04:31

I feel you. I personally have a lot of issues with feeling bad about forgetting a train of thought. It happens all the damn time. Usually, though, when I'm upset, annoyed, frustrated, not comfortable, or elsewise residing in thoughts instead of feelings. Because of my inability to distinguish main and side issues I branch off of the red line of whatever I'm talking/thinking about, for too long, and forget what the red line was all about. The big problem with it is that I get frustrated about it and with that lower the chances of me remembering. I try to remember with conscious thought. El nope.

But yeah. Annoying.

I don't even process the frustration at forgetting. Instead I just forget I was ever frustrated. Which might be useful short term, but decidedly not long term. It stacks up.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 13 Sep 2014 07:52

Full disclosure, the pirate fest I went to was kinda boring. Nothing against ska artists, but they had a mostly ska lineup and it was like hearing the same song over and over. I ended up going home about 5 hours early.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion