Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Acsii » 04 Sep 2015 18:23

FLAOFEI wrote:Driving on snow and ice would suck without winter tires :I I guess it makes little sense to own a set in Australia though.
Where you going Acsii?

Up mount Baw Baw. It's near the end of the season so the roads aren't really that snowy or icy so didn't need my chains.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 05 Sep 2015 00:41

Acsii wrote:
FLAOFEI wrote:Driving on snow and ice would suck without winter tires :I I guess it makes little sense to own a set in Australia though.
Where you going Acsii?

Up mount Baw Baw. It's near the end of the season so the roads aren't really that snowy or icy so didn't need my chains.

I just realized that it's about to start turning to summer for you Southern Hemispherians.
Lol it's about to start turning to winter up here. (Lolz) I love winter. Honestly, I think that weather can convey a mood and I love the feeling of being under stormy and dark skies.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby FLAOFEI » 05 Sep 2015 06:42

Winter used to be awesome in sweden, but then the firenation attacked :I
It's gotten warmer cause global warming, and as an effect the snowy part of winter also comes later, and leaves sooner :(
Winter being dark isn't the best, cause the few hours of sunlight you get will be spent inside, at work or school. But once there is snow everywhere that doesn't matter. The snow makes everything much brighter, cause white.

I like the winter, but I hate the transitional phases when there's just slush everywhere... Winter should be cold and snowy :(
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Freewave » 05 Sep 2015 18:16

DJ TATCM wrote:noice

speaking of which, thoughts on the new dead petz album thing?? it was somewhat interesting to me, to say the very least

Miley + Flaming Lips + Drugs + Free = I might listen to this. Looks like it might be pretty decent too.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Sep 2015 17:48

Submitting to edm.com so wish me luck
Bronies Are Cool

Postby LFP » 07 Sep 2015 14:54

Good luck
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Sep 2015 13:56

I would have to say that the coolest song that I have heard in the last week would belong to The Last Island. He remixed Lucid Dream by Mat Zo and I think that the drop for the song is definitely very rad. The song gave me goosebumps. And it's the first song to do so in a while.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 09 Sep 2015 09:17

DJ TATCM wrote:noice

speaking of which, thoughts on the new dead petz album thing?? it was somewhat interesting to me, to say the very least

It was dope. I really like the track BB Talk and Karen Don't Be Sad. Both of them stand out to me. But the whole album is like a weed trip and with various styles of vaporwave. I give it a 9/10.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 Sep 2015 14:22

Has anyone ever noticed that if you put apple headphones in your ear correctly, you can actually hear the subs in music pretty easily?

Edit: i just had to explain to a coworker that I don't know his password to something because the password is defaulted as his social security number plus his last name and I have no idea what his social security number is.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 10 Sep 2015 21:40

Did he then proceed to start telling you his SSN?
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Sep 2015 06:17

ph00tbag wrote:Did he then proceed to start telling you his SSN?

Lol he probably would have. The password that he needed only required a certain number of digits of his ssn. He started trying to tell me it, but I cut him off because I don't want to know it, and even if he did tell me just then, I would not be able to confirm that it was correct since I have no idea what it really is.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 11 Sep 2015 07:29

ph00tbag wrote:Did he then proceed to start telling you his SSN?

wouldn't surprise me XD
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 11 Sep 2015 07:30

Also as a non american I don't really know what a SSN is so could someone explain it to me?
Acsii

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Sep 2015 11:12

Seems like Social Security Number. Not sure tho, am not American. Sounds like the civilian service number we got in The Netherlands (if I'm not mistaken with the name).
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Sep 2015 13:51

The SSN is the social security number assigned to people at birth. It is used when applying for jobs and when paying taxes. It also has other uses but is basically like a government issued identification number.

GUYS! THE BRONY MUSIC DOCUMENTARY IS COMING TO THE RUNNING OF THE LEAVES CON AND I'M A BRONY AND I'M GOING TO THE RUNNING OF THE LEAVES CON! AND I MIGHT POTENTIALLY BE A DJ THERE SO I MIGHT POTENTIALLY CATCH THEIR ATTENTION AND I MIGHT POTENTIALLY BE IN A DOCUMENTARY! (*POTENTIALLY YAYS INTERNALLY*)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 11 Sep 2015 22:14

Ah so it's like a tax file number in Australia but you don't have to apply for it
Acsii

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 14 Sep 2015 08:54

Speaking of Australia, we just got a new Prime Minister. We've had 5 Prime Ministers in 5 years our politics are kinda turning into a game of baton relay. Still, new guy is technically an improvement over Abbott.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby ph00tbag » 14 Sep 2015 20:19

I mean, in all honesty, is it that hard to improve on Abbot?

Over here, I'm really hoping for Bernie Sanders as the next president.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 Sep 2015 22:13

And I'm over here kind of hoping for Trump as the next president.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 14 Sep 2015 23:52

I sincerely hope you're not actually that stupid.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Ricky Denzel » 15 Sep 2015 06:54

And I still don't know what you guys are talking about.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Sep 2015 13:37

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I sincerely hope you're not actually that stupid.

Lol. I'm not going to vote.
I'm not sure of all the candidates and all their positions on all the issues.
Literally, I don't even know a lot about what Donald is even all about.
I know that if he is elected, instead of paying 30% on my taxes like I do, I would have to pay about 1-2% instead. Which means I can literally have a good 9600 more dollars a year.
And also, I know he dislikes illegal immigrants. I don't see why it's wrong to dislike ILLEGAL immigration. Nothing wrong with legal immigration. Just illegal immigration because, you know, it's illegal.
Other than that, I'm uneducated.
And that is why I am not voting.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby LFP » 15 Sep 2015 16:48

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I sincerely hope you're not actually that stupid.

Lol. I'm not going to vote.
I'm not sure of all the candidates and all their positions on all the issues.
Literally, I don't even know a lot about what Donald is even all about.
I know that if he is elected, instead of paying 30% on my taxes like I do, I would have to pay about 1-2% instead. Which means I can literally have a good 9600 more dollars a year.
And also, I know he dislikes illegal immigrants. I don't see why it's wrong to dislike ILLEGAL immigration. Nothing wrong with legal immigration. Just illegal immigration because, you know, it's illegal.
Other than that, I'm uneducated.
And that is why I am not voting.

Lowering taxes from 30% to 1-2% would probably ruin Americas entire infrastructure and the economy would be a total disaster, I can't even comprehend how stupid something like that would be.
That's just one of the extremely many reasons you shouldn't vote on trump for, his campaign promises are a total joke and caters to people who fall for the cheap tricks and aren't invested enough to actually know what's going on.
It's like someone saying "hey vote for me and if i get to be president everyone will get a million dollars!"
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Sep 2015 21:41

If you don't vote you're just part of a bigger problem. Not voting isn't a solution, it's indecision. Our budget reform a couple years back almost left everyone making less than $15000 annually intelligible for support for up to 6 months. Do you think that problem would have gone away if we sat on our hands and did nothing?

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Sep 2015 23:32

Let's just imagine for a second here that I did vote.
I could easily vote for the "wrong guy" because I simply don't know what's right or wrong.
Or I could be on of many to fall for the tricks of lying politicians.

My thought process is this: Trump is rich. He is a successful business man. I would think that when it comes to money, he probably knows what he is doing. Like for example, taxes on pay checks will be smaller. Sure. But who knows if taxes in other places will be higher? Like at the store or on some other thing.
This 1-2% tax would only apply to people who are relatively poor. It's for the lowest bracket of money making people. Rich people would be paying more like 15%. (Which i am guessing is more than what they currently pay.) the more money you make, the higher the % you pay. Which I think is smart.

Now I have no idea what kind of decisions on other important things trump would make. He seems to be very "Murcia" and is prideful of his country. (Kind of.) he at least wants immigration set right.
This doesn't really affect me too much. I'm not against immigrants in any way. It makes a lot of sense to want to leave a poverty stricken place and go to a place where you might have better odds at living slightly better.
Illegal immigrants are kind of a problem though. Trump may possibly blow it out of proportion for just how many of them are "bad people" but what I think is wrong with them is that 1.) it's illegal to be here illegally. And 2.) they don't pay taxes on the money they earn.
I wouldn't give a hoot about them if they paid taxes. Because the taxes that I lay partially contribute to their education and health care and that kind of stuff. I am helping out people who are living here illegally and I am a person that is close to being on the verge of needing help myself.
Setting that straight would be a slight help. I really wouldn't know how much though.
It might actually tank the economy in some local areas though. If the population of illegal workers are high in some areas, a lot of employed illegals would be removed which would open the jobs there, but also it would leave them empty. And being empty is not good because nothing is getting done.

Other than how rude trump is, or how racist he is, I haven't actually heard a good point as to specifically why he would be a bad president.
His specific good points are:
-changes on income tax
-illegal immigration changes

Someone, please fill in the cons for trump:
-
-

(**Note: don't take offense. At this point in time, I am a bystander. I have not made any official decisions about anything. So, don't be offended by my opinions or questions. Thanks)
Bronies Are Cool

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion