Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 Jul 2015 23:26

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing drunk stories as long as it stays within the nsfw guidelines. (Aside from being drunk part.)
But I don't make the decisions around here. It might be better just to ok admins about it to get to know the information quicker and more definitely
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ph00tbag » 26 Jul 2015 00:32

There's nothing explicitly against the rules in posting while drunk, but I would discourage it. Do you really want to look like an ass in front of the whole board?
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 26 Jul 2015 04:29

That was pretty predictable... And yeah... Pretty good reasons for locking that thread.

ph00tbag wrote:Do you really want to look like an ass in front of the whole board?

Why else does one get drunk in the first place, if not to look like an ass? :P
Yeah... I can think of several reasons, both good and bad, that make more sense... But alcohol makes you act like an idiot, so unless you have a reason to get stupid, don't drink. And don't make the mistake of thinking you're smart when you're drunk either.
I guess the stupidness thing is part of why there's so much alcohol surrounding college and uni culture. You're brain is hatd at work all day, and then you just need to unwind...
I'm slightly hung over and rambling... Sorry.

And since someone wanted a drunk adventure story , here's one I heard about a fellow student, on a cruise ship populated exclusively by students, most of them drunk. (That's actually a thing here in sweden! Students from unis and colleges all over sweden come together and take over a cruise ship)
Spoiler The story:
A group of friends had been to the tax-free and bought A LOT Of beer. They store some of it in their overals, for handy access. Student overals I should clarify can be worn as pants, and if you then tie off the arms you have made two pockets big enough to carry pretty much anything.
At some point during the cruise one of the guys gets to drunk, and a guard decides to put him in the drunk cell. He proceeds to lock the student in and then leaves to get the next drunk student. Normally they would have a guard keeping an eye on the drunks in the cells, but because there are so many drunk students to take care of they don't have the man power, so the student is left alone in his cell.
When the guard returns he finds the student pased out in the cell, with an empty case of beer. The guard hadn't checked the content of the overal.

Also, nobody in this story was under-age.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Jul 2015 08:12

I now officially own the domain names after myself.
Www.noahkriska.com
And you can email me at [email protected]
Do you know how cool it would be to have that on your resume as your email address?
"Hello I'd like this job."
<response>ok. Blah blah blah. What's your email address?</response>
"[email protected]"

I just think that's super rad.
I'm probably going to fill up my website with a lot of my music and just things that I like. So ponies are inevitable. And yea.
Maybe I'll do a thing where I have a music spotlight where people can submit their music to me and I will determine if I things it's awesome or not and I could feature it.
Like, I could do an in depth review and analysis on all the music submitted. I would be like filling in the parts of the music branch that EQD lacks. (However, I won't have the views like eqd.)
But maybe I could partner with eqd? Idk but I'll get things sorted out and have a chat with eqd.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Facade » 26 Jul 2015 22:11

ph00tbag wrote:There's nothing explicitly against the rules in posting while drunk, but I would discourage it. Do you really want to look like an ass in front of the whole board?

what about high-posting? can we be banned for that?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ph00tbag » 26 Jul 2015 22:48

Like I said in Flao's thread, just don't spam.

Being high is not an excuse to post like RCYouKnowMe.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 26 Jul 2015 23:19

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:So I had my second interview with a sales place today. I got a job :D

Congrats!! What are you selling?

Well it's a variety. It'll be mostly selling coupon books to raise revenue for another organisation, it might sound a bit unglamorous but I stand to make pretty good money off it. Like more than enough for rent, food and spending/saving money left over.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 Jul 2015 00:00

I learned something cool today.
So I moved out. Cool
I moved into a frat house. A Christian frat house. Cool
You know that kid from 2 and a half men? He used to live in this frat house.
And now he makes electronic music.
And so the president of this house likes my stuff.
And he might hook me up with that actor.
So I may possibly have a chance to impress someone with a lot of connections. (What are the odds?)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 27 Jul 2015 07:00

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I moved into a frat house.

It was nice knowing you
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 Jul 2015 10:33

Acsii wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I moved into a frat house.

It was nice knowing you

Christian frat house
We have rules and regulations
-no drinking
-no smoking
-no girls overnight
So far is been pretty sweet. Everyone is super friendly. I have heard maybe 2 swear words total in 2 days. Everyone gets along really well. It's not super loud.

Also, there was another guy who is currently living here that was in a movie in a pretty significant role. However the movie itself didn't turn out that successful. But how cool would it be to say that you've been in a movie?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby najjarqoauil » 27 Jul 2015 17:28

I gotta get something straight here: first off congrats, second off I graduate college in January, I like this college I'm going for broadcasting I'm in Colorado ><><><><<<><><><><-does anyone here... be honest... think community/universities/diploma mills and non-specific programs add extra things in there we just really don't need to know? Like Psychology, Sociology, etc? I think that sometimes colleges stretch things out and put things that aren't really there. Like, I remember I went to an arts college for cooking, and I ditched that scene, got a job in an actual kitchen... NOTHING like Cooking school not even remotely it was a big scam the guy there got a job there after high school and he was my manager, and I'm like "Really?" I Guarantee at least a year in that 8 for doctors is stuff you don't need you know?
p.s. this would be in that one adventure thread cause,,,I'm high on life.
.modsiw eurt eveicer uoy lliw neht ylno dnim ruoy fo mrots eht raelC
".htiw drol sdom htiw nwoD"
najjarqoauil

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 Jul 2015 19:12

Hey. The celebrity that lived in my frat house was Angus Jones.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby najjarqoauil » 27 Jul 2015 22:39

Looked him up, very respectable...
.modsiw eurt eveicer uoy lliw neht ylno dnim ruoy fo mrots eht raelC
".htiw drol sdom htiw nwoD"
najjarqoauil

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Facade » 28 Jul 2015 21:35

ph00tbag wrote:Like I said in Flao's thread, just don't spam.

Being high is not an excuse to post like RCYouKnowMe.

gotcha thanks for the heads up
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Acsii » 29 Jul 2015 03:59

So last night I went to see Blur, because I was added to their guest list. And well holy fucking shit it was amazing, like I had the best time of my life, and the sound was the best thing ever.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Ricky Denzel » 30 Jul 2015 14:55

Well, a lot of new stuff is happening

-Contacted a label called Fool's Gold and sent them my demo so I could release my new EP on their label
-I start college on Monday. (Look at me, daddy Freewave. I'm a big boy now! LOL JK)
-I also start work at the Goodwill the very same day in the afternoon
-I'm working on getting a license
-Also working on 3 new albums for the next 2 years. Depends if I have time
-Gonna be restarting the We Are Us label and make the Escape Reality project on of those side labels where I upload singles and mixes from me and other artists. Kinda like Skrillex with OWSLA and NEST HQ.
-Then probably move to Griffin, GA with my boyfriend. So swell

And that's the life of Faye...
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Jul 2015 18:04

Ricky Denzel wrote:Well, a lot of new stuff is happening

-Contacted a label called Fool's Gold and sent them my demo so I could release my new EP on their label
-I start college on Monday. (Look at me, daddy Freewave. I'm a big boy now! LOL JK)
-I also start work at the Goodwill the very same day in the afternoon
-I'm working on getting a license
-Also working on 3 new albums for the next 2 years. Depends if I have time
-Gonna be restarting the We Are Us label and make the Escape Reality project on of those side labels where I upload singles and mixes from me and other artists. Kinda like Skrillex with OWSLA and NEST HQ.
-Then probably move to Griffin, GA with my boyfriend. So swell

And that's the life of Faye...

I've never heard of fools gold.
What kind of stuff do they like?
Maybe I should join a label for once in my life.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 31 Jul 2015 04:10

najj wrote:community/universities/diploma mills and non-specific programs add extra things in there we just really don't need to know?

Yeh... Idk... I don't wanna trust a doctor who skipped a year of his education cause they thought it wasn't that important... Or atleast they had a few patients before me who survived...
Tbh tho. The main thing you learn in school isn't a subject, it's how to learn stuff :/ I suck pretty hard at that though.

In funner news, I'M ON MY WAY TO GALACON!!! I'm at Frankfurt at the moment, killing time... I bought an mlp magazine in german to kill time... I can't read tho... Yeh...

And BaC!
- No drinking - Oh god no!
- No smoking - I could live with a dresscode like that
- No girls over night - As a hetro guy I find this offensive!
Yeh... You're welcome

Edit:
Or!
- No drinking - You must get thirsty
- No smoking - But how am I going to cook a traditional swedish meal with smoked salmon?
- No girls over night - Um... Ehh... I am a lesbian woman and I find this offensive !.. No... To similar to the last one... Oh, who am I kidding. It's not like it's gonna happen anyway
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 31 Jul 2015 06:32

FLAOFEI wrote:Oh, who am I kidding. It's not like it's gonna happen anyway

Story of my life

Edit**
To be honest though, I don't really have a desire to drink. Partially because I don't drink. Partially because I have tasted alcohol before and I think it's absolutely disgusting.

I don't have a smoking problem. In my 19.5 years of life, I have smoked once. I also think that's disgusting.

I don't have a problem with having girls over because of several reasons. On being that I'm not looking for that. (Not actively.) if I happened to get in a relationship any time soon, it would be because she wanted it more than I did. I just don't have time. I'm super busy all the time with my job. And I have to be honest, I don't think I'm in a place right now where I actually want to be in a relationship.
Let's talk about one-night things. I don't think that would ever happen to me (at least I don't feel like I'd be lucky enough for a situation like that to ever happen upon myself.) I don't know of anyone who would want to "Netflix and chill" the first day they meet me. Or the second. Or really at all. I mean. I'm not ugly but I sure as hell ain't attractive. (Or at least idk. I've been called attractive twice in my life.)

Point is, I don't think any of those things are really anything I'm bummed about just because they involve things I'm not interested in or things that will probably never happen to me.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 31 Jul 2015 23:39

Bronies Are Cool wrote: if I happened to get in a relationship any time soon, it would be because she wanted it more than I did. I just don't have time.

you'll never have time...
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Aug 2015 03:30

Captain Ironhelm wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote: if I happened to get in a relationship any time soon, it would be because she wanted it more than I did. I just don't have time.

you'll never have time...

I really honestly think that this is true. And right now is especially true.
I just moved out.
In working full time.
Ill be going back to school at some point
I'm working on a career
I'm working on saving money for being able to go somewhere with my life.
I really have not added a relationship into my plan anywhere. And to be honest, I think I'll be fine with that.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Aug 2015 05:53

You guys talking about having girls over at night? Haha no better timing for my story.

I still got beer in my hair, so I'mma shower after this post.

So I was in my room producing, and it was one of those rare days that I could hear loud music from somewhere in my small village. It was already around 10PM or so, when my older nephew came over to see us again and catch up with my mom about some private events that occurred, and when he came in my room and greeted me he was all "do you know what that music is? I really--WOH THAT'S A COOL TUNE! Dude we gotta go there and find out!"

So after a few words with my parents we walked out towards the sound. I had no idea where it came from, even though I've heard the music for years. Eventually we ended up at the other side of the village, went past soccer fields of our local soccer club, into a part of forest with pine needles, stinging nettles and shit, and I had sandals and short pants on xD and suddenly WOAH THOSE ARE FESTIVAL LIGHTS! We went absolutely mental and giddy, and then we encountered the barbed wire and had to get around it XD
Went under it at some part, went past the back entrance of the main stage, over two fences, and walked in through the entrance. And just when I was about to get my 18+ band, a dude at the entrance recognized me and I denied it XD because I'm 16 o3o

Partied for about 2 hours till 1AM. The DJ playing was a friend of mine even lol.

My nephew was constantly poking me saying "man focus on dancing a bit less and look around, so many girls you're stealing the attention of" xD
And yeah that picture is of one of them. She got free wodka from the MC xD

So yeah. That happened :3

How's y'all doing? With the life and the musics?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 03 Aug 2015 14:12

Holy cow! Is anybody else excited about the new direction of the new balloon party?
I can say that I am.
I think they made a good decision by not making the album one of those brony albums.
Its not discouraged to make pony music, but you can make really any kind of music.
I'm just glad that they took a step away from pony.
And here is why:
I think the album will get may more credibility in the general music community.
And I think that some of the art and themes that will come along with the new balloon party are going to be fresh and new.
I mean, the new logo looks cool and stuff. I just think they this time around, things might go better.
Plus, there is an addition of new staff members that will be judging along with old members. And there are 4 milestones for feedback.

Idk but I think this time around, I'll finally make the cut.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Aug 2015 15:43

Can't say I'm personally excited, but I do think Balloon Party, for what it is, is gonna be a much much bigger success than before. Probably.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ph00tbag » 03 Aug 2015 22:24

Was it ever supposed to be about success?

I'm not particularly excited. It doesn't really feel like BP to me anymore, so I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

This is just my personal opinion, though.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion