Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discordshins)

Postby Ricky Denzel » 09 Jan 2015 12:13

I got a RCA tablet and it doesn't work. My mom had to ship it off.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Jan 2015 17:21

I joined a bandwagon today.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby DJ TATCM » 09 Jan 2015 19:12

i got a rock

but srsly if we're talking about new possessions here then i got the dvd of grave of the fireflies today and oh my god
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 09 Jan 2015 19:48

So I might be going on a 2 week study tour to LA in may.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby FLAOFEI » 09 Jan 2015 19:52

I'm studdying for two tests next week... And I'm making more progress on my music than I have made the past few months...
I also bought a Gorillaz album on vinyl. And I bought a funko Lyra. And I bought a nightmare moon T-shirt, it's awesome.

I'm also procrastinating madly.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Coloriot » 09 Jan 2015 21:41

I recently just bought a cat off the internet. But then it started mooing at me and so I called the vet yesterday. I walked in today in only to find Mickey Mouse on a pogo stick eating a plate of churros. In the cages in the back I saw pikmin eating tomatoes while singing Kumbaya. And on the floor somebody spilled some play dough.

You know. Just giving you guys updates on my personal life.

Because this is the thread for it.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 Jan 2015 01:16

Hey guys. I was invited on a missions trip to Honduras and I would go there for about a week to build bunk beds for children.
Only problem is that I would.need about a thousand dollars in a about a month and a half and can't get that from working because I do school.
So what is a quick alternative to earning money for a cause like this? (I wish there was one.)
But tggreat probably isn't really a quick solution for this.
BUT what might you guys suggest?
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Acsii » 10 Jan 2015 01:22

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Hey guys. I was invited on a missions trip to Honduras and I would go there for about a week to build bunk beds for children.
Only problem is that I would.need about a thousand dollars in a about a month and a half and can't get that from working because I do school.
So what is a quick alternative to earning money for a cause like this? (I wish there was one.)
But tggreat probably isn't really a quick solution for this.
BUT what might you guys suggest?

You could try doing a sausage sizzle or similar fund raising event
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Jan 2015 06:52

I'm at a bit of a dilemma...
So, monday I'm having a test about the first two chapters of a book about pop-music history, which I still got loads to read and listen for. Next to that, tomorrow I'm going to a friend who has the club-standard Pioneer DJ set (two CDJ2000-Nexus and a DJM900-Nexus), so I can practice the Deep Techno, Techno and Doomtechno tracks for the set I'm playing next week friday at Noisj's first edition of The Noisy Show LIVE.

And well, I still got the tracklist to refine, and the book to read.
And also one of the tracks I -do- know I wanna play next week friday is one I made myself which is not yet done but can become so with some dedicated focus.

WAD DO?!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby FLAOFEI » 10 Jan 2015 10:56

Bronies Are Cool wrote:BUT what might you guys suggest?

Don't take those 'micro loans' with crayzy high rates, that's just stupid... Otherwhise a loan is a posibility. I personally don't like the idea of spending money before I have it. It's easier to stay ahead of the race when you're infront than to catch up when you're behind.

A better idea imo would be to start saving up now and taking the next trip. If you want to do it bad enough to save up for it, it's probably worth doing. Otherwhise you can just give whatever money you have to charity organisations. It'll likley help more, though it's definatley not as rewarding :/

ExoBassTix wrote:I'm having a test about the first two chapters of a book about pop-music history, which I still got loads to read and listen for.

WAD DO?!

Gotta just say it... When I read that I knew I made the right choice when choseing to studdy engineering rather than music. I can stand doing some rediculous maths at times, but pop-music history? Now that's on a whole different level!

I'd personally try to read it tomorrow (and waste that day procrastinating) then give up... Well... I say focus on that new track and the DJ thing. It sounds way more fun, rewarding and usefull if you want a career in music :I Just my opinion, do what you want.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Jan 2015 15:52

Well I can tell you what I did eventually do.
I felt horrible for about 4 hours. Paranoid. And I decided not to learn because when I feel like shit, I won't learn anything. So what I did do was talk with the dude I'm gonna practice my set at tomorrow. Purely out of necessity, that's probably why I managed to pull it off. And after a few minutes I was okay again even though I didn't learn fir the test, work on the tracklist or work on the track.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jan 2015 00:21

Hey quick announcement (more like personal announcement):
I'm going to be in my school talent show and plan on doing live music via my novation launchpad. I would have to play a song and I would play a song of my own but I don't think that any one my songs are high energy enough.
But if anyone of you have songs that I could borrow, I could play one of your songs live!!!
All I would need is it to be preferably electronic. (house. Dubstep. Dnb. Progressive something.)
If you have a song that fits and you're okay with me using it, let me know and I'll listen to the song. If I like it, I'd request samples of each instrument (all drums in one mp3, bass in one mp3, etc)
That's all
I wanna win by doing something really cool like that. :3
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 11 Jan 2015 22:23

So I applied for a spot on the study tour. There are 30 spots available, wish me luck!
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Stuntddude » 12 Jan 2015 08:27

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Hey quick announcement (more like personal announcement):
I'm going to be in my school talent show and plan on doing live music via my novation launchpad. I would have to play a song and I would play a song of my own but I don't think that any one my songs are high energy enough.
But if anyone of you have songs that I could borrow, I could play one of your songs live!!!
All I would need is it to be preferably electronic. (house. Dubstep. Dnb. Progressive something.)
If you have a song that fits and you're okay with me using it, let me know and I'll listen to the song. If I like it, I'd request samples of each instrument (all drums in one mp3, bass in one mp3, etc)
That's all

Yo dude, I have a currently unreleased EDM song I've more or less finished and been sitting on for a couple weeks, I could send you the stems and/or the .flp. It might not be quite what you're looking for, and it's a bit weird, but it's pretty high-energy (or at least, by my standards it is).

https://soundcloud.com/stuntddude/stunt-vs-edm-finished
If it's not terrible and you think it could work, tell me and I'll package up some stems and get them to you.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Jan 2015 21:00

Stuntddude wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:Hey quick announcement (more like personal announcement):
That's all

Yo dude, I have a currently unreleased EDM song I've more or less finished and been sitting on for a couple weeks, I could send you the stems and/or the .flp. It might not be quite what you're looking for, and it's a bit weird, but it's pretty high-energy (or at least, by my standards it is).

https://soundcloud.com/stuntddude/stunt-vs-edm-finished
If it's not terrible and you think it could work, tell me and I'll package up some stems and get them to you.

Thanks for showing me this song. I don't want to come off sounding like a jersey, but I think I would like to try to use a song that sounds a little more full.
I'm not trying to offend you.
It's just I know that I'm up against some pretty good other musicians and know that they are going to be doing some great stuff. So I just want to pick something that has a bit more of a hook.
I wwas thinking today actually though that I might just re-remix song of storms from zelda.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Facade » 12 Jan 2015 23:22

my 8gb of ram should be here tomorrow... i kinda dont want to upgrade for the sole reason i dont want to unplug everything ._.
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 12 Jan 2015 23:49

Why'd you need to unplug anything? All you'd do is open a compartment, and add RAM in an empty slot (and free one if necessary). That's only unplugging one RAM cartridge if necessary.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 13 Jan 2015 02:20

I'm not gonna bother linking anything since I'm on mobile, but go ahead and sift through my soundcloud if you're looking for material BaC, all my stuff is free to dowload so, y'know, go nuts or don't

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Acsii » 13 Jan 2015 03:29

Go through my band camp and if you wanna use anything send me a message and I'll send you the track
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Jan 2015 10:28

I guess same for my SoundCloud accounts haha.
Don't have any new (nearly-)done things that fits the bill, unless you'd like some strange tribal Techno thing :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Ricky Denzel » 13 Jan 2015 10:32

Well, it took a lot to convince me, but i'm not leaving. Giving music another shot.
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby FLAOFEI » 13 Jan 2015 13:58

So I guess nobody knew this was a serious question in the ask thread :/
Anyway, I'm curious.
FLAOFEI wrote:Approximately, how much have you spent on pony related things and activities? And how much have you spent on music production since you became a brony?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Jan 2015 14:23

Ricky Denzel wrote:Well, it took a lot to convince me, but i'm not leaving. Giving music another shot.

FLAOFEI wrote:So I guess nobody knew this was a serious question in the ask thread :/
Anyway, I'm curious.
FLAOFEI wrote:Approximately, how much have you spent on pony related things and activities? And how much have you spent on music production since you became a brony?

I've got two poni iPhone cases and (when my latest order arrives) five poni t-shirts, but besides that I haven't really spent anything on pony related things or activities. So about ... €200 tops. And money spent on music production ... Well there's the field recorder, my two headphones of which one died, and ... I think that's it (for now). €340. I mean, turntables aren't for music production, so ... :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Jan 2015 20:08

I have probably spent at least $350 on pony stuff which includes 9 shirts, over a thousand mlp ccg cards, hats, digital comics, physical comics, pony bank, books and buying the episodes. Really probably over $400
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 14 Jan 2015 09:26

You know, I don't think we've had a kitchen thread in a while.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion