Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Aug 2015 06:50

ph00tbag wrote:Was it ever supposed to be about success?

I always believed not, but repeatedly I get told by everyone that such was indeed the case. I made sure Mindscapes went a bit more according to how I imagined Balloon Party was supposed to be. Realigning the focus so to say. That's what I did. Made it a harmonious hodgepodge.

Oh also, in case people are wondering, please go to Lav/Silva (or very preferably, the BP tumblr/Facebook) for questions instead of me, I basically only do administration anymore.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 04 Aug 2015 10:36

How did Silva end up on the team?
What's the story behind that
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Aug 2015 11:00

Bronies Are Cool wrote:How did Silva end up on the team?

I don't really remember it, but I believe it was something among the lines of Lav and Silva together requesting to talk with the team and after they did we decided it'd be good to take them on board.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Ricky Denzel » 04 Aug 2015 11:32

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I've never heard of fools gold.
What kind of stuff do they like?
Maybe I should join a label for once in my life.

They do mostly dance and hip hop. Here's the site
http://foolsgoldrecs.com/
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 04 Aug 2015 16:18

ExoBassTix wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:How did Silva end up on the team?

I don't really remember it, but I believe it was something among the lines of Lav and Silva together requesting to talk with the team and after they did we decided it'd be good to take them on board.

If I wanted to contact Silva directly, what is his best form of contact?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 04 Aug 2015 18:41

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Holy cow! Is anybody else excited about the new direction of the new balloon party?
I can say that I am.
I think they made a good decision by not making the album one of those brony albums.
Its not discouraged to make pony music, but you can make really any kind of music.
I'm just glad that they took a step away from pony.
And here is why:
I think the album will get may more credibility in the general music community.
And I think that some of the art and themes that will come along with the new balloon party are going to be fresh and new.
I mean, the new logo looks cool and stuff. I just think they this time around, things might go better.
Plus, there is an addition of new staff members that will be judging along with old members. And there are 4 milestones for feedback.

Idk but I think this time around, I'll finally make the cut.

I guess you have a point in that it becomes more credible and stuff... Idk tho. Not hype personally :/

And about BronyQuest:
SilvaHound wrote:...Contributing is not mandatory to be eligible for funding...

I understand they don't want to exclude any artists because they couldn't contribute to the album, but it looks to me like it's just waiting to be abused! I for one don't really trust the judgment of strangers I've never met, not that I'm even getting on the albume... So why do I care? idk... I guess I just think someone's gonna get screwed over with a disclamer like that :/

Something I am hype about though is the Pinkamena Party parody... Whatever that's gonna be themed...
Since BP has no pony theme, maybe PP has ALL THE PONY theme. That would be fun. Or maybe cause BP wants a forward thinking sound, PP will have a super futuristic space lazers theme... Idk. Any reason to make crazy noises is a good reason :P
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Aug 2015 06:28

FLAOFEI wrote:Or maybe cause BP wants a forward thinking sound, PP will have a super futuristic space lazers theme

allmyyespleaseMAKE IT HAPPEN

Bronies Are Cool wrote:If I wanted to contact Silva directly, what is his best form of contact?

Uh just send him a Tumblr message I'd say.

Also uh, just because I'm curious, what did you guys think Mindscapes is and what did you do with it?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby CitricAcid » 05 Aug 2015 06:44

FLAOFEI wrote:Something I am hype about though is the Pinkamena Party parody... Whatever that's gonna be themed...
Since BP has no pony theme, maybe PP has ALL THE PONY theme. That would be fun. Or maybe cause BP wants a forward thinking sound, PP will have a super futuristic space lazers theme... Idk. Any reason to make crazy noises is a good reason :P

I... actually might participate in that.

Who wouldn't love hyper-pony-space-lazers? Someone collab with me, and I'll mix in some Star Wars orchestra action into whatever craziness we cook up.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Aug 2015 08:39

I think I'm gonna want to collab with you then, even though I'm not that much of a huge Star Wars fan lol

Messing stuff up and making it sound good is my speciality qß^)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ph00tbag » 05 Aug 2015 23:00

ExoBassTix wrote:Also uh, just because I'm curious, what did you guys think Mindscapes is and what did you do with it?

For my part, I took it as an opportunity to do something I've never done before (recording vocals). I'm unconvinced I'm going to try for it again, but it was an interesting experience, nonetheless.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 07 Aug 2015 05:40

Yay! I've got plushies on EQD!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/g ... ashed.html

They're in a crowd of other plushies... but still!
First one is my bad OC Brüarity, a spagheti hair Rarity, dressed in black, with an RD keyring as a piercing in her right ear. (She is very brutal. Beerdrinkingly brutal. And that's pretty brutal for a plushie. She's my "Party plushie", and I bring her to all the parties, especially those where I am basicly guarantied to 'spill' stuff on her. Everyone should have a party plushie...) Also, her right front leg is signed by Tabitha St. Germain :P

Other one is Lyra Seapony. You can't realy tell she's a seapony from the picture... But she has the biggest face on the Lyra image, and she's looking towards the camera.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 Aug 2015 13:48

I am now officially making double the amount of money I used to make when I first started working in 2012. Yay 3 years of dedicated solid hard work.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Aug 2015 18:53

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I am now officially making double the amount of money I used to make when I first started working in 2012. Yay 3 years of dedicated solid hard work.

Nice one mango! I manage to consequently make zero money every year :P

And I really mind none haha.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby LFP » 10 Aug 2015 21:21

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I am now officially making double the amount of money I used to make when I first started working in 2012. Yay 3 years of dedicated solid hard work.

#HardWork #Dedication
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Freewave » 13 Aug 2015 09:25

I dunno, a balloon party that has very little to no relation to mlp sounds weak sauce and no real theme to me. I mean if it's a compilation of directionless polished music then what's binding it together? Former bronies? It's nice they are continuing the "supporting brony musicians" charity but if you don't have to contribute to it (or necessarily even be a brony) then i also wonder what's the point. If i wanted to attend a national convention all i would need to do was apply? Really, it's that simple?
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Aug 2015 13:14

Freewave wrote:I dunno, a balloon party that has very little to no relation to mlp sounds weak sauce and no real theme to me. I mean if it's a compilation of directionless polished music then what's binding it together? Former bronies? It's nice they are continuing the "supporting brony musicians" charity but if you don't have to contribute to it (or necessarily even be a brony) then i also wonder what's the point. If i wanted to attend a national convention all i would need to do was apply? Really, it's that simple?

I don't like the idea of having people who are not on the album being able to get funded to go to the convention.
All participants of the album should get top priority.

Addition to post so I won't double post:
I hate when I'm at work and someone wants me to install a disk to their computer. Because every time I do, the program's wants an activation key after I do an hour of installation. And then I don't have the key because I never was around for the acquiring of the disks. And then the users all think it's my fault that their program doesn't work.
Like, hey. Please don't be mad at me. It's not my fault that you people who purchased these disks 8+ years ago didn't keep track of the activation key or the original box that the disk was in. Sorry that I can't fix your problem with a magic golden hammer.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Aug 2015 06:25

That sounds pretty horrible man *o* I'm not very good with computer illiterates :I they want me to explain everything ever.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 Aug 2015 11:25

(I don wanna sound like I'm complaining about my work. I'm just explaining a typical thing that may happen at my work place.)

*scenario 1*
[windows update in 1 day pops up]
I hear stuff like, "what do I do when it says my computer will update?"
(Presses on "later" option)
I say "tonight when you leave, click on this button to update and restart your computer so your computer doesn't do that in the middle of the day tomorrow.

*scenario 2*
[Guy is browsing caterpillar website on new computer. It looks different on Firefox <current edition> versus internet explorer <version like 6>. He comes across to a page with a side bar that expands and collapses. It is all collapsed. He usually see it's all expanded from internet explorer. He doesn't know what to do.]
He says to me "this computer is #%^*. Why did you switch our computers? I hate this. You're so dumb ^insert swear storm^ (I'm in the construction business. This is all normal talk here btw)
Me: let me see what's wrong. Let's go back to the beginning.
*goes through process from the beginning
*sees collapses menu
He says "see how all the stuff is gone"
*clicks on arrow to expand
Him: WUT

*scenario 3*
[lady is doing accounting on quickbooks. Error message says that the one user that is already on needs to click "multiuser mode" for the second user to log in.]
She says "what do I do?"
I assess the error and tell user 1 to click "multi user mode"
^she then says "thanks you're my hero."

It's just usually my IT job is simple things like that. People don't really know how to fix common errors. I should do a "basic IT class" for the job site for people to get more familiar with their computers.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 15 Aug 2015 05:57

I get a similar thing when it comes to operating mixers and stuff, like ugh
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby FLAOFEI » 15 Aug 2015 17:36

Idk if I ever get that... Yeah I do... Not that I know much... But I'm apparently an experienced tv remote technician sometimes.
Fake it till you make it I always say :P maybe not the best advice for computer iliterate... But for most other things it works out pretty well.

Anyone got any good tips for finding a certain remix of the Teyris theme? A dj at GalaCon played a big room house version of it, and now I'm trying to find it, so far with no success.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 17 Aug 2015 21:11

Hello everyone. I have some sad news. :(
As you might have known, I moved out of my house from my crazy parents and stuff. I live across the street from a university now.
Me and a couple of guys were all long boarding on th campus and it's kind of scary. There are some pretty intense hills.
Unfortunately, I had a bit of an accident. It's pretty serious.
I was going up a particularly steep section and there was a tree with some low hanging branches. It ended up cutting my back. I have a long scratch down the center of my back that was bleeding a little.
But the worst part of the ordeal was that I ripped my favorite rainbowdash t shirt. :/ that's the sad news. Rainbowdash is now dead. R.I.P. Rainbow.

If we could have a moment of silence please for rainbowdash........
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 18 Aug 2015 13:28

I saw a picture of the cut in your back on Facebook, that looked pretty bad man! You feel any of it still?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 18 Aug 2015 17:00

ExoBassTix wrote:I saw a picture of the cut in your back on Facebook, that looked pretty bad man! You feel any of it still?

It stung. That's about it really. I can still feel it when I sit down and stuff, but it's really not that bad. I'm literally actually more disappointed about the shirt getting ripped.
Cuts heal.
Shirts don't. ;_;
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 20 Aug 2015 05:29

Bronies Are Cool wrote: I'm literally actually more disappointed about the shirt getting ripped.
Cuts heal.
Shirts don't. ;_;

Dude! You got RIPPED! (sorry)

Shirts do heal tho. It's called sewing. Depends on how it broke... But still. I wanna se the shirt now.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Aug 2015 17:05

I've been playing fallout shelter quite a bit this week.
I picked vault number 666 as a joke.
It's been my most successful vault ever.
Bronies Are Cool

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion