Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion Thread

Postby eery » 29 May 2015 10:53

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Also. Apparently there was this thing where the female fans of Steven universe absolutely hated the idea of bronies and having a male fan base for that show. Like, they basically attacked bronies and stuff because they were so against having dudes like their show. Their reason was so that it would not turn into an "r34 fest like how Mlp did." As if something like that is preventable.
Anyway, does anyone know what I'm even talking about? What was that even all about? Arent people smart enough to know to not be dicks to eachother?

Haha yeah, that was sort of amazing in a tragical way. Basically, it was cuz the creator of equestria daily made a sort of similar site aimed at steven universe, and apparently people were not at all ok with that. I think the outcry was mostly restricted to tumblr tbh, but I think in the end, the creator decided against putting up the site because of multiple death threats and whatnot.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Freewave » 29 May 2015 12:55

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Also. Apparently there was this thing where the female fans of Steven universe absolutely hated the idea of bronies and having a male fan base for that show. Like, they basically attacked bronies and stuff because they were so against having dudes like their show. Their reason was so that it would not turn into an "r34 fest like how Mlp did." As if something like that is preventable.
Anyway, does anyone know what I'm even talking about? What was that even all about? Arent people smart enough to know to not be dicks to eachother?

Yeah i saw that go down on tumblr it was a pretty hysterical freakout by some in the steven universe camp that if bronies were going to get into SU that we'd pervert it with rule 34. To them its a closely guarded very feminist show and they were knee jerking that clop was something that bronies did inherently (insert circuitfry tumblr rant on same topic) rather as part of a general rule 34 behavior that happens with every fanbase. Anyway it brought up the fact that the SU wasn't really being open to new viewers and fans at that moment, that there's very little interest in DOING rule 34 for the series :???: (hopefully even by shota fans), and that MLP fans weren't the sex obsessed jerks that a similar matriarchal structured fanbase though we were. Typical knee jerk thoughts about our community that were quickly and nicely argued as being inaccurate rather than fiercely fought out over one long week on tumblr. Glad it was brief although as some know some have an inherent negative reaction still towards our fandom.

I dont think Steven is on netflix online yet (correct me if i'm wrong) and it until it does i likely can't chronologically watch and get invested like i wish i could. With Gravity Falls and Star vs Forces of Evil being on some unknown hiatus i'd like to have cartoon to be my go to during the summer (besides just mlp). :oops:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby JSynth » 29 May 2015 15:05

I remember that. It was right before I started watching the show. The fandom has an unhealthy amount of sjw's and anti-bronies. However, the show is not the fandom. I like the show; the fandom? Not so much.

EDIT: I knew I should of read freewave's comment before I posted.

Freewave wrote:To them its a closely guarded very feminist show

The irony is that MLP is also an arguably feminist show.

Freewave wrote:I dont think Steven is on netflix online yet (correct me if i'm wrong) and it until it does i likely can't chronologically watch and get invested like i wish i could. With Gravity Falls and Star vs Forces of Evil being on some unknown hiatus i'd like to have cartoon to be my go to during the summer (besides just mlp). :oops:

I have seen the first half of the first season on Hulu. Its not much but its there.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 May 2015 21:42

I like how Mlp is a feminist show (kind of) but somehow has a masculine fanbase of feminine men. (WuT)

1. I'm doing this thing with a couple of friends who are siblings called the Cool Points Conpetition and they get cool points for correctly answering questions about Mlp. Neither of them watch Mlp and one of them was very against Mlp about 6 months ago. So this is kind of fun seeing how he was against it before but is now being very competitive in this competition.
Being the oddball I am, I think I am going to do a massive celebration later in the summer for the winner and need to get a few ideas for what I should do.
I'm thinking I should do a bbq with their family and then announce the winner in front of their family and present an award. I think the award should be a nicely printed picture of rainbowdash and should incorporate the old meme 20% Cooler and maybe a couple Mlp items like a plush or something.
Idk
Any other ideas? Better ideas? Stupid ideas? Serious ideas?

2. I have been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fire Rescue Team and am thinking better of th story now than I did a day or two ago. It's becoming more developed and there was a nice plot twist that I really liked. I also am really enjoying the music. Like holy cow I didn't know it was possibly possible to have good 8biy game boy music. Seriously some good chords and everything. I want to remaster it using full sounds. ;_; so beautiful
2.5 knowing some of the story and characters from this really helps me to connect to the PMD comic I am reading. The comic incorporates characters and locations from both the gba mystery dungeon and the ds mystery dungeon. I am really enjoying seeing how the comic connects the two games and how the first game that I'm now playing has the connections to the comic. It's just really cool.
2.75 I also noticed that this game uses the legendary Pokemon of the previous region. And the ds game used the legendary Pokemon of the region of the gba game. Kind of cool.

3. I am really bummed I missed out on comic con this year. :/ but maybe next year I'll be more prepared. I want to get some cool Mlp merch from it some time.

4. Nvidia or and? And why?
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby GCKrastin » 29 May 2015 23:55

Bronies Are Cool wrote:4. Nvidia or and? And why?

Nvidia, unless you have no money. I have an AMD Radeon R9 270X from Gigabyte and have had countless driver issues, and the GPU died around a year after purchase requiring an RMA process that took a month. It runs fine most of the time, but all the little hiccups I have with it are a pain. My old EVGA GT 440 never had issues even though it's much less powerful. Next time I'm in the market for a GPU I'll probably go for a GTX 960 or something. Only upside to AMD in my opinion is that they are generally better price/performace, but the prices change often enough that it may not always be the best choice in some situations.
Producing mediocre drum and bass since 2012.
Stuff I use: FL Studio 12, Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus, Akai MPK Mini, Numark Mixtrack
SoundCloud -=- YouTube -=- Tumblr
GCKrastin

Primary: FL Studio 11/12

Postby Acsii » 30 May 2015 05:13

I wanna here some of your weird studio stories/practices!

I'll go first, we were testing out some new outboard multi FX stuff that had a really good pitch shift, and we had it on a guitar, which already had an octopus on it, so it created this crazy harmonic sound that sounded like an accordion.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 May 2015 05:24

About the SU fandom/MLP fandom thing, I don't understand why there's so much back-and-forth bockering and fighting in these fandoms at all. Does being friendly to one another have to be so complex? Why not just have sone mutual respect? Is it that hard?

@Abby, you mean this?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Acsii » 30 May 2015 05:30

no this
It's a fuzz pedal that can do octave stuff, and is hectic
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Jokeblue » 30 May 2015 09:24

ExoBassTix wrote:About the SU fandom/MLP fandom thing, I don't understand why there's so much back-and-forth bockering and fighting in these fandoms at all. Does being friendly to one another have to be so complex? Why not just have sone mutual respect? Is it that hard?

I don't even understand why Fandoms are treated as factions in the first place or why so many of them seem to have an "Us versus them!" mentality. It's like jeez guys we're here because we like thing 1 what the hell kind of problem would you have with us liking thing 2 as well.

I had something else I was going to say but I forgot
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 May 2015 10:42

Jokeblue wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:About the SU fandom/MLP fandom thing, I don't understand why there's so much back-and-forth bockering and fighting in these fandoms at all. Does being friendly to one another have to be so complex? Why not just have sone mutual respect? Is it that hard?

I don't even understand why Fandoms are treated as factions in the first place or why so many of them seem to have an "Us versus them!" mentality. It's like jeez guys we're here because we like thing 1 what the hell kind of problem would you have with us liking thing 2 as well.

Sounds to me like the reason there's bullies on school. You're not cool enough. You're not part of the group. You're part of that group. There's something wrong with you. So we fight you. Because we're cooler than you because we're in a group.

It's the most evil way of disrespect. It makes me sick to the stomach just thinking back to my previous school experience, and all the internet fighting that takes place. And I hear people think, "yeah but it's the internet what did you expect." That does not at all excuse rotten behavior. The internet is an extension to real life, the only difference in that what you say isn't face-to-face but through a digital wall, on text.

Then again, this is just another digital wall. I can only hope that the entire world will read my post and be effected by it, but I think the chances are slim.

It also serves as a very conflicting memory that all bullies I ever had, literally all of them, were the most amazing and friendly persons when I was with them alone. The same applies to internet for me, but still, it's strange because you know, most of the time on the internet, everyone is there to read it. So take that, internet. You got no excuse.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 May 2015 11:03

So you want to know what would be a super cool major punch in the face by hasbro?
So get this: JanAnimations had the C&D a while back.
Ok whatever
Episode 100 is around the corner.
Button mash and derpy both make appearances.
Derpy speaks.
What if button mash also speaks?
And what if he is voiced by Shady Vox?!?!
And what if shady and jan both knew about this and let everyone believe that button would never exist again! What if they knew all along and kept it a secret so that it would come out as a major punch in the face to make all the bronies surprised and happy!?!?

Tbh, I can not confirm any talking by derpy.
All of this is just hyped guessing based off like 3 screenshots
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 30 May 2015 14:03

That would be cool> but then again i've never seen hasbro work that hard to cater to the fanbase like that....
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby JSynth » 30 May 2015 22:32

ExoBassTix wrote:Sounds to me like the reason there's bullies on school. You're not cool enough. You're not part of the group. You're part of that group. There's something wrong with you. So we fight you. Because we're cooler than you because we're in a group.

It's the most evil way of disrespect. It makes me sick to the stomach just thinking back to my previous school experience, and all the internet fighting that takes place. And I hear people think, "yeah but it's the internet what did you expect." That does not at all excuse rotten behavior. The internet is an extension to real life, the only difference in that what you say isn't face-to-face but through a digital wall, on text.

This is partly why I am pulling away from tumblr. I mean, the tumblr community has been bad for some time, but combined with the recent site "updates" and how xkit guy was essentially chased off the site, there really much that I like about the site anymore.

Honestly, in a few years, I would not be surprised if tumblr became the new myspace.
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

JSynth

Postby Jokeblue » 30 May 2015 22:56

JSynth wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:Sounds to me like the reason there's bullies on school. You're not cool enough. You're not part of the group. You're part of that group. There's something wrong with you. So we fight you. Because we're cooler than you because we're in a group.

This is partly why I am pulling away from tumblr. I mean, the tumblr community has been bad for some time, but combined with the recent site "updates" and how xkit guy was essentially chased off the site, there really much that I like about the site anymore.

Honestly, in a few years, I would not be surprised if tumblr became the new myspace.

To me tumblr will generally always be a cesspit of intolerable assholes and SJWs that go too goddamn far. There a few good blogs here and there and some nice things to follow, but I will not make an account, and I will not deal with some of the other shit that I've seen rolling through it. It honestly can't do your health any good to be bothered by some of that trash
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby eery » 30 May 2015 23:44

JSynth wrote:

Not to say that youre wrong in any of that ,but I dont really understand why that matters to you what happens on the site. Tumblr works by you making a personalized stream. Like, just follow the people with the content youre there for, and block out the drama. I dont really see why that part of it has to interact with you at all, if youre not intrested in seeing that. I mean, I have an account there, and I dont really notice those things at all, cuz I unfollow people that get into a lot of drama and posts annoying posts about how "problematic" its to pet a cat or whatever.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Acsii » 31 May 2015 00:01

I have come to the conclusion that the majority here are dyslexic due to how many right my name as 'Ascii'... I know it's a little thing but it is kind of annoying...
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 31 May 2015 00:45

I will apologize if I have ever written ascii wrong in my entire time here. :3
But I'll actually pay more attention to it now that you've noted it. Acsii

Also, finished the first campaign on mystery dungeon red rescue team and have to say I'm kind of impressed with the story being good for being a game boy game. Not like over the top amazing, but I liked it.
I felt that it may have been a rushed story a little bit but certainly not bad at all.
Now time to do the other campaign story.

EDIT: lullaby for a princess the animation finally got released and I must say that I was kind of impressed by the overall animation and production of this fine piece of work. Good song. Good animation. Good job bronies. Another successful project to add to our hall of remember-this-shit-because-it's-awesome.
It was a project that started in 2012. Wow. Lots of dedication!
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 31 May 2015 09:56

I remember reading about certain SU fans getting all up in arms about bronies finding out about "their show," and it all seemed patently ridiculous to me. As though bronies are responsible for a phenomenon that is probably as old as fandom. It's also kinda ridiculous that bronies got all worked up about it. As though five years of saying how great it is to love and tolerate the haters was really just meaningless drivel. No one came out of that looking halfway decent, and it just reinforced my desire not to get too heavily involved in tumblr.

Acsii wrote:I have come to the conclusion that the majority here are dyslexic due to how many right my name as 'Ascii'... I know it's a little thing but it is kind of annoying...

Actually, it's fairly common to read only the first and last letters in order, and only absorb the content of the word's middle without seeing order. Seeing "Acsii" is likely to be read "Ascii" because the latter is a commonly known text encoding standard, and your sn is the only place I've seen the former.

Honestly, I always assumed confusing people was the whole joke behind your sn.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 31 May 2015 10:28

As far as I know I'm the only dyslectic here who's open about it. It takes some effort for me to see the difference between Ascii and Acsii when I'm just reading, but I think everyone has that. The main problem for me is that I remember it through the pronunciation, which is pretty much identical on both...

What sound does the c have? Is it k or s?
If it's s I'll never learn... But if it's k I can probably remember.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby JSynth » 31 May 2015 14:00

eery wrote:Not to say that youre wrong in any of that ,but I dont really understand why that matters to you what happens on the site. Tumblr works by you making a personalized stream. Like, just follow the people with the content youre there for, and block out the drama. I dont really see why that part of it has to interact with you at all, if youre not intrested in seeing that. I mean, I have an account there, and I dont really notice those things at all, cuz I unfollow people that get into a lot of drama and posts annoying posts about how "problematic" its to pet a cat or whatever.

I have just recently cleaned out most of the blogs that I have been following. Part of it is an addiction thing. I tend to go to it to procrastinate. Plus, most of the people I follow are my online friends.

The thing is, tumblr is not a bubble. I mean, a guy was recently arrested for "manspreading".

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

JSynth

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 31 May 2015 17:24

Pokemon mystery dungeon ost remix time
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 31 May 2015 17:27

Cool. What genre is it, mate?
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Acsii » 31 May 2015 18:36

FLAOFEI wrote:As far as I know I'm the only dyslectic here who's open about it. It takes some effort for me to see the difference between Ascii and Acsii when I'm just reading, but I think everyone has that. The main problem for me is that I remember it through the pronunciation, which is pretty much identical on both...

What sound does the c have? Is it k or s?
If it's s I'll never learn... But if it's k I can probably remember.

It's a k haha it comes from a name of a character I came up with when I was 8.
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 31 May 2015 21:04

Ricky Denzel wrote:Cool. What genre is it, mate?

Not entirely sure buts it's some sort of electronic. It's also kind of finished so here is a secret link. My graduation party is on Saturday and I am going to perform this song live with my launch pad. Hopefully I'll get it on video and share with all y'all in here. That's when I'll also put up the link to download this. Because it's gonna be free.
Pokemon mystery dungeon ost remix: https://soundcloud.com/noah-l-kriska/i- ... ye/s-nIRGk
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Jun 2015 01:33

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Pokemon mystery dungeon ost remix time

Beat you to it :P

JSynth wrote:The thing is, tumblr is not a bubble. I mean, a guy was recently arrested for "manspreading".

-_(\ why

I made sure to follow only people that are friends of mine, and only a few artists and fan-art dedicated pages, yet whenever Tumblr mails me some posts I missed (cuz I barely directly visit Tumblr anymore) half of them are about how wrong someone or something is, or is being.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion