Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Sep 2014 04:45

The hugging/venting thread is becoming like this thread.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Acsii » 24 Sep 2014 05:10

ExoBassTix wrote:The hugging/venting thread is becoming like this thread.

How so?
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Sep 2014 05:21

Acsii wrote:

How so?

More venting than hugging, unless there's drama.

However much I love to share the general MLR mindset, it does somewhat worry me.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 24 Sep 2014 06:12

ExoBassTix wrote:
Acsii wrote:

How so?

However much I love to share the general MLR mindset, it does somewhat worry me.

oh right lol.
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Freewave » 24 Sep 2014 08:41

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I'm really disappointed in the amount of nsfw art I come across when looking for a new avatar image :/

you must adapt. my avatar is actually adapted rule 63 vinyl scratch with censoring. win+win=win :twisted:

ExoBassTix wrote:
Acsii wrote:

How so?

Honestly I've been debating if I want to stick around mlr as all it is is high schoolers complaining about their parents in different threads. Guys I know being a teen is rough but talk it out with them or leave the venting for the venting thread. It's emotional littering and it is getting annoying. Let this thread and the forum be less about that please. :sad:

Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Facade » 24 Sep 2014 09:42

Freewave wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I'm really disappointed in the amount of nsfw art I come across when looking for a new avatar image :/

you must adapt. my avatar is actually adapted rule 63 vinyl scratch with censoring. win+win=win :twisted:

heh i was wondering when you where gonna admit that
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Sep 2014 13:46

He's said it before actually. Quite a long while ago. Maybe more than a year.
Probably more than a year.

Okay so I found something that I urge ALL of you to check out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BAUslD7-V4
An in-a-nutshell explanation of what this is: this small collection of videos is about a boy named Kelvin Doe. He's from Sierra Leone, and at the age of 11 he collected scrap electronics to create loose parts that would eventually combine into a full music set: mixer table, microphone, FM transmitter. He became DJ Focus, and his community religiously listened to his radio station that he created by himself.
I especially want you to see the fourth video, in which this boy gives a presentation for TEDxTeen (for those of you who don't know, TEDtalks is an ... organization(?) that creates oppurtunities for -truly- inventive people with fresh ideas to share their ideas, or their story, with a crowd of varying size). What he said in that talk I can't summarize, but I so wish that a lot of producers out there will see it once, because it is truly beautiful and inspiring.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Stuntddude » 24 Sep 2014 16:48

Huh... the emotional live stuff never really bothered me, I never realized that other people were bothered by it.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Acsii » 24 Sep 2014 16:54

I agree with Freewave, it fills up threads. It's like when spam went outside of the spam thread, but this time it's angst outside of the venting thread. Like I know you wanna vent but please put it where it belongs.
Acsii

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 Sep 2014 17:27

Just gonna say, nobody complained when BaC said he liked using this thread instead of the venting thread a few weeks ago. It bothered me a bit, since I thought it was kinda of topic and reeeeeeeeeeeeally long... and the venting/hugging thread is far more apropriate, since it's on topic there...

Anyway. Just find it funny that nobody complained then, but now that Freewave "threatens" to leave the forum.
(Don't really wanna call it a threat, but I have no better word :/ )
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 24 Sep 2014 18:20

FLAOFEI wrote:Just gonna say, nobody complained when BaC said he liked using this thread instead of the venting thread a few weeks ago. It bothered me a bit, since I thought it was kinda of topic and reeeeeeeeeeeeally long... and the venting/hugging thread is far more apropriate, since it's on topic there...

Anyway. Just find it funny that nobody complained then, but now that Freewave "threatens" to leave the forum.
Acsii wrote:I agree with Freewave, it fills up threads. It's like when spam went outside of the spam thread, but this time it's angst outside of the venting thread. Like I know you wanna vent but please put it where it belongs.

Freewave wrote:

Multiple People wrote:

Honestly I've been debating if I want to stick around mlr as all it is is high schoolers complaining about their parents in different threads. Guys I know being a teen is rough but talk it out with them or leave the venting for the venting thread. It's emotional littering and it is getting annoying. Let this thread and the forum be less about that please. :sad:

well I apologize then
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Acsii » 24 Sep 2014 19:21

FLAOFEI wrote:Just gonna say, nobody complained when BaC said he liked using this thread instead of the venting thread a few weeks ago. It bothered me a bit, since I thought it was kinda of topic and reeeeeeeeeeeeally long... and the venting/hugging thread is far more apropriate, since it's on topic there...

I must've missed that...
Acsii

Postby Facade » 24 Sep 2014 21:32

FLAOFEI wrote:since I thought it was kinda of topic

does this thread even have a topic?

ps how come no one comments on my face in the faces thread :(

Spoiler face:
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 Sep 2014 00:21

Facade wrote:

Spoiler face:

Vape = gross
All kinds of inhaled stuff is gross in my opinion. Even helium from balloons
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 Sep 2014 00:34

I kind of a agree, there's not much in place to regulate what they put in Vape equipment, and not a whole lot of testing has been done on health effects from it, although some of what has been studied indicates that regulation is needed. I also don't really get the logic, going from one thing you breath in filled with a bunch of stuff you're not really sure of from another thing you breath in filled with a bunch of stuff you're not sure of doesn't necessarily mean the other thing is good for you either. The dosage of nicotine can actually be a lot higher than cigarettes too, which could actually lead to a greater dependency, blood pressure issues etc

Tbh I don't think Vaping is a bad idea in principle, but it should have been tested more before it was made widely available, because now we have an issue in that we really don't know if they're really better for you than cigarettes are and when you're trying to make an alternative to cigarettes that should really be priority one.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Freewave » 25 Sep 2014 08:25

Acsii wrote:

I must've missed that...

Sorry if I vented a bit myself about my current frustration with the lack of interesting events and threads on mlr. :???: :lol:

But yeah i spoke way back in april for not making this thread into the hugging and venting thread and also that thread needs some actual hugging if its to work and make them feel better. If its just a trashcan for bad thoughts its pretty useless too and again I'd rather not see teen angst just carelessly tossed around in thread after thread on the forum.

Apology accepted BAC and by all means i don't think you are alone in having personal issues you want to talk about. I just want to remember that MLR is supposed to be a forum for our music community, even if that role has diminished.
Freewave

Postby Facade » 25 Sep 2014 08:30

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Facade wrote:

Spoiler face:

Vape = gross

opinions are like assholes... keep them on 4chan
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Sep 2014 08:35

Freewave, I remember Circuitfry (when he was still site owner) eventually wanted to get people to start off-MLR/IRL events for MLR-goers. You seem to be quite a lover of L4D(2?), why don't you start off, after 9 months? :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 25 Sep 2014 08:49

Facade wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Facade wrote:does this thread even have a topic?

Spoiler face:

Vape = gross

opinions are like assholes... keep them on 4chan

Wow. Calm down friendo.
Acsii

Postby Facade » 25 Sep 2014 08:54

just saying :P
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Freewave » 25 Sep 2014 09:23

ExoBassTix wrote:Freewave, I remember Circuitfry (when he was still site owner) eventually wanted to get people to start off-MLR/IRL events for MLR-goers. You seem to be quite a lover of L4D(2?), why don't you start off, after 9 months? :P

I've tried to get more bronies into L4D2 games but there always seems to be a huge variance in skill level between players and people at weird timezones. There's a VERY active skype chat for gaming that kyoga, makkon, and tsyolin are very active but its always gary's mod, minecraft, and tf2 they're focusing on (games i dont have or play except team fortress). I finally bailed from it as there was always a call and it always was at the top of my skype. :???: Last time we played L4d2 I think we dashed any hopes of makkon playing ever again (his team got destroyed). :twisted: I play with Andante Skie and LoreRd occasionally but even getting 4 ppl on at the same time just for a campaign during the day just doesn't seem to ever happen. I often just play late at night with my non-brony clan (custom maps on vs) if i do. Anyway thread is here if anyone wants to jump in. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9415
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Sep 2014 09:51

Why is a huge variety in skill level a problem in L4D2? Mind you I never played the game.
I guess it could act as a great learning oppurtunity for the lower levels, and a great teaching oppurtunity for you, right? :)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby eery » 25 Sep 2014 10:35

Facade wrote:
Spoiler face:

haha man, Ive been watching this gif for like 5 mins over and over now. fascnting.

ExoBassTix wrote:Why is a huge variety in skill level a problem in L4D2? Mind you I never played the game.
I guess it could act as a great learning oppurtunity for the lower levels, and a great teaching oppurtunity for you, right? :)

In campain there isnt really a problem with lower skill levels, but in VS, which is what I expect freewave plays, there is.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Freewave » 25 Sep 2014 11:39

ExoBassTix wrote:Why is a huge variety in skill level a problem in L4D2? Mind you I never played the game.

It's one of those games where you are only as strong as your weakest member(s). It's very easy to separate teammates from each other or keep the weakest one lagging behind. Once you lose someone from your team it gets much easier to stop a team completely. It's always been a team game and one where reaction times, knowing the maps, and knowing how to respond during stressful events is key.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Sep 2014 12:27

Ah. That's probably why I don't play it.
To me that is not such a friendlyness-encouraging gameplay...
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion