Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Sep 2014 04:07

@Flaffie: I'm not really worried about the surgery. Just that by now the boil is hurting like a motherfucker. Walking has been reduced to shit. And even though I now have a legitimate excuse to be a penguin all day, it doesn't help that much.
And uh, about that quote, well ... Friendship is magic o3o

@BaC: beautiful.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby JSynth » 27 Sep 2014 07:21

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Today I was awarded the letters I got because I lettered in drama last year. I went up to accept the certificate and letters and said that I had prepared a speech. I then proceeded to say in front of an audience:

I would like to thank my arms for always being by my side. I would like to thank my legs for always supporting me. I would also like to thank my hips cuz they can't lie.

You are an inspiration.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby topitmunkeydog » 27 Sep 2014 13:18

ive been away but i started a band in the meantime
Last edited by topitmunkeydog on 24 Jul 2018 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Sep 2014 00:54

After the ceremony at my school the other day, I was walking or to my truck to drive home. I had with me my large Bluetooth portable speaker. It was dark outside and the parking lot that I had parked in was pretty deserted. My school is located in a neighborhood. So there are actually a few kids from somewhere in the neighborhood that are walking around and decided to walk on my school property. They looked about 10,12 and 13 or so.
But anyway, I saw them and decided to do something about it.
So I turned in some funky disco music and started playing it loudly.
Like, you would be able to hear this from over 400 feet away. I was alone in the parking lot playing disco music. And I danced. Those three kids just stated at me. The froze and just observed me. Then one stayed dancing. And from several hundred feet away,I was having a dance competition with a complete stranger.
Well in the end, I won. Because I danced the best and the kids all decided to leave half way through the song. I however kept dancing after they left. Just dancing in the parking lot. Classic.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby eery » 28 Sep 2014 01:03

Seems a very spaghetti story to me tbh, but whatever makes you happy...
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Acsii » 28 Sep 2014 02:50

I have to agree with eery on this one... Classic spaghetti
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Sep 2014 09:05

I'm not entirely sure what that even means but I'm assuming it means you don't believe me.
Let me remind you that I got the sweats food outstanding performance in improv. Improvising on the spot.
And that's exactly what I did. Because idk.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Facade » 28 Sep 2014 17:29

https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Sep 2014 19:30

Facade wrote:this should clear things up for you
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=6772670

My whole life... Everything I know... It's all a lie.
Or maybe I'm just a fool.
Oh well.
I thought it was awesome to make those boys feel awkward.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 28 Sep 2014 19:57

Hey guys, listen to this content from Saints Row. I know this is the wrong area (possibly) but I really love this version of the Dubstep Gun
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvQSHiIu4[/youtube]
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Careful where you step, because I have dropped my bass somewhere...
Covers of Bands I need to do:
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Primary: Audacity, Fl Studio (Soon, most recent version), Ableton (Soon, most recent version)
Cutie Mark: Headphones and Music Notes

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 28 Sep 2014 21:31

DJ-G6PON3 wrote:Hey guys, listen to this content from Saints Row. I know this is the wrong area (possibly) but I really love this version of the Dubstep Gun

fixed. That isn't played by the dubstep gun ever as far as I know. Idk, never used the dubstep gun because it was kinda useless aside from 30 seconds of novelty the first time you use it.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Sep 2014 22:08

I got another spotlight on EQD! This time on something with quality.
Is the song that's in my signature. I plan on having several more spotlights in the near future.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 28 Sep 2014 22:23

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I got another spotlight on EQD! This time on something with quality.
Is the song that's in my signature. I plan on having several more spotlights in the near future.

Nice dude :D

Meanwhile I'm kinda just sitting around processing the amen break for shits and giggles
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Sep 2014 22:50

I think those tiny little ponies on my signature are super adorbz
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Sep 2014 04:46

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Meanwhile I'm kinda just sitting around processing the amen break for shits and giggles

I need to play with Amen more.
As in, finish my first Breakcore track.

Oh and BaC, congratz with the spotlight.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Sep 2014 07:20

Thanks biggles and exo.

Awhile back I said that I was in a contest that flopped. Turned out that their domain went down and they are just working on fixing that. They will announce the winners soon. Which makes me glad that I didn't just release the song.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 29 Sep 2014 09:42

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I got another spotlight on EQD! This time on something with quality.

Nice dude :D

Meanwhile I'm kinda just sitting around processing the amen break for shits and giggles

Meanwhile i'm just sitting here on all these songs I haven't finished for one reason or another, a first semester uni assignment/song that I haven't released because I don't like the vocals I did and want to redo them, and two songs for a second semester uni assignment that are still in the process of being finished. Man I am so slow ._.

Feel like I haven't really posted any of my general going-ons on mlr all that much recently so i'm gonna spam y'all with updates of what i've been up to and doing, but i'm gonna spoiler it so that it doesnt take up a massive chunk of the feed. So it's pretty much just here if'n any of you are wondering what i've been up to.

Spoiler Lots of stuff:
Well. Uni's been going well, first semester was great and I didn't fail anything, got a distinction in one course too which was nice. Second semester seems a little more "geh" though. Like its been good and fun and all but collaborative music making has been kinda crap as we were allowed to make our own group for that topics main assignment but me and my mates group fell through as we couldn't find a drummer, so instead I did composition - which sounded good at the time as I was under the impression that, as I was told, you'd be given a bunch of performing musicians and you'd write a song and they'd play it - but it turns out it was nothing like that and they just wanted the group of us to write something together. You'd think that'd work out and be fine but we're all really musically different. Like, really musically different. I almost had it all under control and almost had everything worked out because I started writing something when no one else would but the rest of the group, in the one day that I was away, decided to scrap everything we had already written and worked on and write something new that has been a massive pain to piece together or even get to sound coherent. Blah.

Also doing pedagogy, learning to teach students one on one and all that. Have to teach a student for 6 weeks and do journal entry stuff and all that crap. Only problem is, because my student (a friend of mine) had cancer and a stroke when she was young, she has very little to no feeling in her left side. You can imagine how not being able to
feel your left hand all that well can lead to problems in being able to play bass guitar ehehe...

Creative and analytical studies of music is ok, cos on the plus side I kinda learned to recognize intervals better, but I have a listening test in a few weeks which I am NOT keen for.

Principal study (song writing) is going well. Wrote a bouncy and dandy little pop-ish song that im gettin a friend to sing on. That one's really getting close to done and i'm pretty happy with it. Then there's the second one, which is the track I submit for Academy of Booty except with different lyrics/vocals because I can't really submit it with lyrics someone else wrote.

Working on my track for Maressey or however you spell it. Need to add lead lines and vocals + tweak the drums a little and that should be pretty close to done to. Only issue is finding time alone to record vocals as i'm not all that confident in my own singing... maybe I could take my laptop, car, and mic, and just find somewhere isolated to just record. I mean i'm in Oz, it shouldn't be that hard to find someplace where people won't be.

Bands been going well and we've been playing our fair share of gigs. That really cool mexican festival that I was talking about a while ago is coming up this weekend. That'll be a lot of fun :3
our guitarist is on a holiday so i'll be playing guitar for this show and i'm pretty stoked bout that cos I love playing guitar.
Destiny came out and my brother's obsessed with it. i'm kinda disappointed in it but i'll rant about that at some later point in time.

Pyrelight got me really into Enter Shikari, and Dragonforce's new album was really cool.

Also just generally been hangin out and havin good times with friends. Though I think I missed salvage-con and my chance to meet Evdog. Which is a bummer.

Well then, that's kind of a patchy disjointed brain puke of a "waht-i've-been-doing" update that I totally don't expect peeps to read.

Also it's 1:30 Am again and I'm up watching Space Dandy.

I like Space Dandy.

OHH ALSO CONGRATS BAC on that spotlight and all
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Coloriot » 29 Sep 2014 14:11

*awakens from a five month cryosleep*
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Coloriot » 29 Sep 2014 14:17

Wonders?

Hay u copied me.

http://youtu.be/AWRHBWtfPd8

Coloriot

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Sep 2014 15:43

First time I've tried out Melodyne.
God I love this. It's not even hard.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Dreamland200 » 29 Sep 2014 16:49

I got yet another spotlight on EqD just last night, It's my 2nd time doing House-Trance music. and I was really proud of it.

I've just started on a really cool project just yesterday as well. I should be able to finish by the time this "Soft-Spectrum III" event is closed.
Musical Pony Debate Wars is currently on hiatus for idk how long.
Now running Ponies That Yawn (Parodying Ponies at Dawn)
Dreamland200

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Paws

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Sep 2014 17:23

Dreamland200 wrote:I got yet another spotlight on EqD just last night, It's my 2nd time doing House-Trance music. and I was really proud of it.

I've just started on a really cool project just yesterday as well. I should be able to finish by the time this "Soft-Spectrum III" event is closed.

i Saw your spotlight too. Good job.
Yours is right above mine.

@coloriot: the difference between me and you is that my Wonders is an album and your is just a song.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Coloriot » 29 Sep 2014 18:55

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
@coloriot: the difference between me and you is that my Wonders is an album and your is just a song.

U saying ur better than me? U wat m8?

Jk. Good to be back tho. Looks like we have the same people sticking around for the most part.

And Freewave reproduced! Who knew! (Apparently he's had a kid, but I didn't know it. I saw in the minecraft thread)

Coloriot

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Sep 2014 22:47

Coloriot wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:

U saying ur better than me? U wat m8?

Jk. Good to be back tho. Looks like we have the same people sticking around for the most part.

And Freewave reproduced! Who knew! (Apparently he's had a kid, but I didn't know it. I saw in the minecraft thread)

That's such an odd way to say that someone had a kid. Lol. But it's funny. I don't think I've heard that used quite like that before. Not in reference to people.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 29 Sep 2014 23:10

I should buy the album now.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion