Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby DJ TATCM » 06 Oct 2014 13:42

I think that, as long as it's the complete stems of a work, (i.e. not what skrilly did with "make it bun dem") having a price for getting them isn't too bad. My main issue is labelling it as a "remix competition" rather than "selling the stems". just a marketing bone to pick, as calling it a pay-to-entry remix competition will somewhat reduce profits and stuff, eliminating the niche segment of audiophiles; gah what the hell is my economics course doing to me
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Stuntddude » 06 Oct 2014 15:04

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:You should read things before you say stuff. Besides that, you missed the point entirely.

I did, and it doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't use stupidly and deliberately inflated numbers to make a point and then tack on a quick disclaimer after the fact that everything you just said was completely unrealistic. Just use a reasonable estimate to make your point in the first place instead of trying to be misleading.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby DJ TATCM » 06 Oct 2014 15:09

Acsii wrote:It's funny when something isn't free people complain...

lol i've found that people complain regardless of whether something's free or not

"hey guys i brought y'all pizza bc i love you and--"
"yo what toppings are on it"
"there better not be any pineapple"
"i ain't havin it if there's pepperoni you know damn well i'm a vegetarian"
"no cheese for me i'm vegan"
"why didn't you get the cheesy crust can't you do anything right chris for god's sake"
"their marinara sauce literally tastes like spicy water what is wrong with you"
"i'd rather eat the cardboard tbh"
"get out of my room no one likes you or your pizza that haircut is stupid btw"
"get out me car"
"aw"
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 06 Oct 2014 15:24

Stuntddude wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:You should read things before you say stuff. Besides that, you missed the point entirely.

I did, and it doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't use stupidly and deliberately inflated numbers to make a point and then tack on a quick disclaimer after the fact that everything you just said was completely unrealistic. Just use a reasonable estimate to make your point in the first place instead of trying to be misleading.

It's not like I made a second post or anything with a real life example and more realistic numbers, or something like that, no I got a few numbers wrong when I was on a bus with shitty internet so therefore my point is invalid. Get over yourself.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Oct 2014 22:59

Anyway

In less than 12 hours I will have my operation to fix herny. That's the name of my hernia.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Acsii » 06 Oct 2014 23:33

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:
Stuntddude wrote:

It's not like I made a second post or anything with a real life example and more realistic numbers, or something like that, no I got a few numbers wrong when I was on a bus with shitty internet so therefore my point is invalid. Get over yourself.

Plus the numbers you used were irrelevant anyway.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Acsii » 06 Oct 2014 23:36

Okay so I'll start this off by saying sorry if anyone feels I betrayed them at all...
As you probably know I am trans... And I have been saying I want to transition to a girl... Through a lot of meetings and talking to professionals... I have come to the conclusion this is not it... I am in fact just gender fluid... Meaning I constantly fluctuate between identifying as male, identifying as female, and identifying as both... And a lot of the stuff I have said in the past six months or so to do with all this has been due to medication I was on... That I should have never been put on... Which caused me to believe things that were not true... I have now stopped taking it... If you have any further questions feel free to inbox me...
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 Oct 2014 23:39

DJ TATCM wrote:
Acsii wrote:It's funny when something isn't free people complain...

lol i've found that people complain regardless of whether something's free or not

"hey guys i brought y'all pizza bc i love you and--"
"yo what toppings are on it"
"there better not be any pineapple"
"i ain't havin it if there's pepperoni you know damn well i'm a vegetarian"
"no cheese for me i'm vegan"
"why didn't you get the cheesy crust can't you do anything right chris for god's sake"
"their marinara sauce literally tastes like spicy water what is wrong with you"
"i'd rather eat the cardboard tbh"
"get out of my room no one likes you or your pizza that haircut is stupid btw"
"get out me car"
"aw"

You do realize that lack of friendlyness like you describe is rather worst-case scenario right? One could decide to just eat pizza because a friend was nice enough to get one for them, or at least politely decline if it contains something you totally can't eat.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2014 06:47

I don't know Exo. It seems pretty legit to me. I know whenever my friends get me a pizza and I don't like it, I set him on fire. Then I have to go get new friends because I set the last one on fire.
So I typically just tell my friends not to buy me anything because usually they get lit on fire.

@acsii
I know that I have never really made any comments or really shown any interest or support for you or your situation, but I would like you to know that I support whatever life choices you make and hope that everything turns out all right for you. Finding yourself can be difficult an it seems that you are getting closer and closer to it as time moves along. Anyway, I'm not sure if what I'm saying even make sense, but at least you know that I am listening to you and yea.

Yay!! Surgery day
I'll have a story to tell you all later. I'm too tired to type it now. And I have to get ready.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2014 09:26

I hate how I can try to say something and then not really know what to say but I just keep going and then I don't know how to end what I'm saying.
That post up there ^^^^^^^
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Oct 2014 14:45

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I don't know Exo. It seems pretty legit to me. I know whenever my friends get me a pizza and I don't like it, I set him on fire. Then I have to go get new friends because I set the last one on fire.
So I typically just tell my friends not to buy me anything because usually they get lit on fire.

So do you blame your friends for your setting them on fire? It's you who sets them on fire, right? I can imagine you like having friends. I also hope you don't see a friendship as replaceable, but that's really how you make it sound. To me at least.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby eery » 07 Oct 2014 15:38

Isnt a friendship replacable?

Like I know Ive had people in my life that arent there anymore, due to different circumstances, like places we are in life, places we are geographically, and just drifting apart in general. This isn't really neccecerally a bad thing.

Friendship isn't static either, it changes a lot, since we as people change a lot. I sure know that people I were friends with like 8 years ago, arent people I have any real intrest in now.

Idk if this is what you even meant, but yea
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Oct 2014 16:35

Hahaha, you are right but that's indeed not what I meant.
I meant that I think it's counter-productive if you like having friends, then set them on fire knowing you'll lose them or distanciate from them.

Setting someone on fire is wrong anyhow, in my book. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone that gives me a hard time just because my random attempt at being neighbourly, friendly, doesn't seem to appeal. Exceptions of course for when I unknowingly hit a personal subject and hurt someone with it.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2014 16:42

ExoBassTix wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I don't know Exo. It seems pretty legit to me. I know whenever my friends get me a pizza and I don't like it, I set him on fire. Then I have to go get new friends because I set the last one on fire.

So do you blame your friends for your setting them on fire? It's you who sets them on fire, right? I can imagine you like having friends. I also hope you don't see a friendship as replaceable, but that's really how you make it sound. To me at least.

I hope you know I was joking. :)

But yea. Friends are kind of replaceable. Like, I have moved across the country and from family to family multiple times. So it's not like I replace friends but I have to make new ones. And I make new friends every new school year because of new students and etc. I'm actually super friendly despite my passive aggressive attitude on here.
But I also have close friends that don't go away. Even if we don't go to the same school or something.
Like, my best friend and I have known each other for 6 years. That's a third of my life. And we have not gone to school with each other since 8th grade. I'm now in 12th grade. We still talk a lot and hang out though and I'm very comfortable confining in him.
And another friend of mine I have not seen him in 5 years. I met him in 6th grade. We are also pretty close and text a lot and talk a lot and play video games a lot. I'm also very able to confide in him as well. We are close. I will not be able to replace any of these two wonderful people in my life. And I would be very sad I'd I had to replace them. There would just be no way. Nobody could replace my close friends.
But, it's easy to replace surface friends.
Like the people I might tall to for small talk. Or the people I talk to that barely know me and only talk about pokemon/ videogames/ etc.
It's easy to replace some people. And it's impossible to replace other people.
And it's also easy to forget people. Like the bullies.
Which lucky for me, actually happened. I had a bully at my school for two years making fun of me being a Bronx and also made fun of me prior to that for various other reasons. And he decided to drop out. Lol so I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2014 16:44

Also, the surgery was a success. Now I'm home and recovering. And I'm sore. I can't feel all the pain right now because I'm on some medication, but I felt the pain prior to the medicine kicking in. I'm glad I'm on pain meds is all I will say. So you for success. Now I'm on a little vacation from school.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Facade » 07 Oct 2014 18:49

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Also, the surgery was a success. Now I'm home and recovering. And I'm sore. I can't feel all the pain right now because I'm on some medication, but I felt the pain prior to the medicine kicking in. I'm glad I'm on pain meds is all I will say. So you for success. Now I'm on a little vacation from school.

good to hear!
>Now I'm on a little vacation from school.
i need a vacation from life :P
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2014 19:36

I found a website allowing people to download my music for me. Except I didn't put it there. And I was selling that song in my album. Meaning that what they are doing is illegal. I asked if they would remove it from the website and if they don't then I'll need help spamming their Facebook.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 07 Oct 2014 21:10

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I found a website allowing people to download my music for me. Except I didn't put it there. And I was selling that song in my album. Meaning that what they are doing is illegal. I asked if they would remove it from the website and if they don't then I'll need help spamming their Facebook.

There should be a way to order a take down, either through them or the web host that they use.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Oct 2014 07:26

JSynth wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I found a website allowing people to download my music for me. Except I didn't put it there. And I was selling that song in my album. Meaning that what they are doing is illegal. I asked if they would remove it from the website and if they don't then I'll need help spamming their Facebook.

There should be a way to order a take down, either through them or the web host that they use.

Hopefully they just comply with my request. I don't want to actually have to do anything about it.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 08 Oct 2014 12:50

link? I assume its you and other musicians?
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Oct 2014 17:48

Freewave wrote:

link? I assume its you and other musicians?

Well this is the link: www.myfreemp3.eu/music/Kriska
But it seems that their site is down.
It wasn't me that did it I swear
Bronies Are Cool

Postby LFP » 08 Oct 2014 17:52

Is ok
They have problem now work
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Facade » 08 Oct 2014 18:44

ive heard story's of people breaking ds joysticks on accident while playing the new smash can anyone confirm?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Oct 2014 18:52

LFP wrote:Is ok
They have problem now work

You
I see what you did there
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 09 Oct 2014 03:03

Facade wrote:ive heard story's of people breaking ds joysticks on accident while playing the new smash can anyone confirm?

you see the secret is to not be a maniac when playing
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion