Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for diskushuns)

Postby Ricky Denzel » 25 Oct 2014 14:04

I didn't get in because I didn't put in the "correct" information. Son of a fucking bitch!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Acsii » 25 Oct 2014 19:11

Ricky Denzel wrote:I didn't get in because I didn't put in the "correct" information. Son of a fucking bitch!

Can you please move all of these types of posts to a single more detailed and less argumentative post in the Hugging and Venting thread. and also stop all the swearing....
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 Oct 2014 20:50

Acsii wrote:
Ricky Denzel wrote:I didn't get in because I didn't put in the "correct" information. Son of a fucking bitch!

Can you please move all of these types of posts to a single more detailed and less argumentative post in the Hugging and Venting thread. and also stop all the swearing....

yes, stop the swearing. swearing has become one of those things that people just don't do anymore.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Coloriot » 25 Oct 2014 20:53

Bronies Are Cool wrote:swearing has become one of those things that people just don't do anymore.

I'd argue against that, being from high school and all, but I'd see how you older people would think that.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 26 Oct 2014 00:02

Yeah, no. Swearing is something people do a lot pretty much everywhere. I grew up in a town that's pretty much a giant farming town sans farms. Maybe I might be a little uninformed about the US though since the attitude towards swearing here is generally pretty loose, but it's not something that'll really go out of fashion.

Anyway, I'm gonna agree with ascii and bac, you don't really need to swear that much, Ricky and as much as I and other people might not pay it any mind it's kind of inconsiderate towards people who mightn't like it when people swear.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Oct 2014 08:13

Coloriot wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:swearing has become one of those things that people just don't do anymore.

I'd argue against that, being from high school and all, but I'd see how you older people would think that.

Mind you I'm also still in high school. People do actually swear a lot around me.
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Yeah, no. Swearing is something people do a lot pretty much everywhere. I grew up in a town that's pretty much a giant farming town sans farms. Maybe I might be a little uninformed about the US though since the attitude towards swearing here is generally pretty loose, but it's not something that'll really go out of fashion.

Anyway, I'm gonna agree with ascii and bac, you don't really need to swear that much, Ricky and as much as I and other people might not pay it any mind it's kind of inconsiderate towards people who mightn't like it when people swear.

Mind you I work in the construction business. People swear a lot more than high schoolers here. Like , they are sailors.

I just don't really swear a lot.
It's like, not really fancy.
I look at it as being unprofessional.
Like, I have never sworn in front of my boss.

But like, I do actually swear.
Just not here much at all
Mostly like on skype or around a certain person or two.
But generally, my language is pretty clean.

I just think of people as a bit more professional when they don't swear.
It's not often you find people who never do.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Stuntddude » 26 Oct 2014 11:55

JSynth wrote:Am I the only one who feels that CC is a bit unprotected? I mean, hypothetically, if I had to take someone to court because they were selling my music, would I be able use a CC license in a court of law? Last time I checked you need something filed for copyright in order to protect it in a court.
"But copyright is restrictive!"
Well, yeah but you and your label are the ones who decide if you are going to strike a remix/creative work or not. If I were to file Fade Away for copyright, YouTube won't automatically shut down its remixes, I would have to tell YouTube to do that. Copyright may not be perfect, but it does let me protect my stuff when I need to.

This isn't quite how copyright works.

If you licence your works under Creative Commons, then your right to take legal action against someone using your works depends on what they're using your works for and what specific type of CC license you're using.

There are four basic extensions to the Creative Commons license:
1. BY/Attribution - this is included in every type of CC license, and requires that anyone using your work for any purpose must credit you for it.
2. SA/Share Alike - this is optional and requires that any other work which incorporates your work in any way must also be licensed under an identical license to the original. However, unless NC is also specified, they can still use your work for commercial purposes, e.g. as a component in software that will be sold for a profit, or in a movie that will be sold for profit, as long as the work itself, or any derivative, is licensed correctly.
3. ND/No Derivatives - this is optional and prohibits anyone from creating derivatives of your work. In other words, if they use your work, then they have to include the whole work in an unmodified form. This would generally be used for something potentially controversial, in order to prevent people from misrepresenting the original work and crediting you misleadingly for something you didn't make, say, or do.
4. NC/Non-Commercial - this is optional and prohibits commercial use of your work or any derivatives of your work. Basically, people can't make money off of your work, or off of anything that uses or includes your work. They don't, however, have to use a CC license for derivative works unless ND is also specified in the license.

Those licences can be combined in any arbitrary way. So for instance, a CC BY-NC-SA licence would allow anyone to use and make derivatives of your work only for non-commercial purposes as long as the credit you and release any derivatives under an identical license. And you could take legal action against them if they broke any part of this agreement. However, you could not take legal action against them just for creating a derivative of your work, or for using your work in the first place, since neither of those things are covered by the license.

However, regardless of what license you use (be it Creative Commons or any other license), even if it's a license that doesn't require people to explicitly credit you for your work, you can always take legal action against someone who claims to be the author/creator of your original work.

Also, you never have to "file for copyright." Copyright is something that is automatically granted any time an original work is created. Every original work is protected under copyright law unless the creator explicitly says otherwise. And you never, ever have to "defend" your copyright for it to remain valid. It's always the creator's choice whether to take legal action against a violation of copyright, unless they've explicitly granted those rights to some third party (which is pretty much where copyright law becomes a horribly complicated and incomprehensible mess, so I won't go into that now).
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Ricky Denzel » 26 Oct 2014 13:28

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Coloriot wrote:

Mind you I'm also still in high school. People do actually swear a lot around me.
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Yeah, no. Swearing is something people do a lot pretty much everywhere. I grew up in a town that's pretty much a giant farming town sans farms. Maybe I might be a little uninformed about the US though since the attitude towards swearing here is generally pretty loose, but it's not something that'll really go out of fashion.

Mind you I work in the construction business. People swear a lot more than high schoolers here. Like , they are sailors.

I just don't really swear a lot.
It's like, not really fancy.
I look at it as being unprofessional.
Like, I have never sworn in front of my boss.

But like, I do actually swear.
Just not here much at all
Mostly like on skype or around a certain person or two.
But generally, my language is pretty clean.

I just think of people as a bit more professional when they don't swear.
It's not often you find people who never do.

You do relize who I am, right? Not being a dick, but just pointing that out. I'm generally a nice dude, but people just piss me off and it is somethong I can't help. I'm trying so hard not to, but my button is pushed so much.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Acsii » 26 Oct 2014 15:27

No need to get argumentative, you were asked not to swear, so maybe you should do that. Don't make excuses,
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 26 Oct 2014 15:30

In unrelated news Freewave edges closer to Sparky's post count
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Oct 2014 15:39

Honestly, I don't realize who you are Ricky. To me, your really just another user on the forum I'm not too familiar with yet. Not trying to be mean when I day that, but that's just kind of how it is right now.

Also, keep going Freewave.

I didn't realize how long dubstep takes to make. I'm not even making dubstep, I'm making just a modulated bass line and that's taken forever just to try to get to sound ok
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 26 Oct 2014 15:40

Congrats, Free. Keep doing what you doing, brah.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby JSynth » 26 Oct 2014 16:35

When I grow up, I want to make music for anime.
Don't know why they would hire an American but still.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby FLAOFEI » 26 Oct 2014 17:01

JSynth wrote:Don't know why they would hire an American but still.

If the American is good at making music for animu, I don't see why not :/

Unrelated. Why was there so much comotion around swearing anyway? Imo swearing has its time and place, and that's when your angry with something and wanna vent that anger. Ricky was clearly angry, so that makes Rickys post wrong thread, not wrong vocab.
Anyway, that might just be my super lax views on swearing... I also don't see this part of the forum as a place to speak formaly... Idk. I just think you ppl overreacting over just a few swears.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Acsii » 26 Oct 2014 18:14

I just don't like swearing... Also just a hint flaofei your avatar might cause epilepsy, I dunno if it does or not just saying as a warning haha
Acsii

Postby Ricky Denzel » 26 Oct 2014 18:45

FLAOFEI wrote:
JSynth wrote:Don't know why they would hire an American but still.

If the American is good at making music for animu, I don't see why not :/

Unrelated. Why was there so much comotion around swearing anyway? Imo swearing has its time and place, and that's when your angry with something and wanna vent that anger. Ricky was clearly angry, so that makes Rickys post wrong thread, not wrong vocab.
Anyway, that might just be my super lax views on swearing... I also don't see this part of the forum as a place to speak formaly... Idk. I just think you ppl overreacting over just a few swears.

Thank you. So.much. But we should get off the subject before the cyber pigs get on us.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby S.P.P » 26 Oct 2014 20:03

Acsii wrote:flaofei your avatar might cause epilepsy

[nitpick] Actually it wouldn't cause epilepsy, it would just trigger epileptic fits! :3 [/nitpick]
And I'm fairly sure prolonged things like that aren't prone to setting off fits but don't quote me on it.

Also, hey everyone.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Acsii » 26 Oct 2014 20:16

Pyrelight wrote:
Acsii wrote:flaofei your avatar might cause epilepsy

[nitpick] Actually it wouldn't cause epilepsy, it would just trigger epileptic fits! :3 [/nitpick]
And I'm fairly sure prolonged things like that aren't prone to setting off fits but don't quote me on it.

Also, hey everyone.

God dan pyre. And yeah I'm not sure either so that's why I said might :P
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Oct 2014 23:41

Ricky Denzel wrote:Thank you. So.much. But we should get off the subject before the cyber pigs get on us.

Imagehey there, im not one of these: Image

but yea, subject is kind of over now so whatevs
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Oct 2014 23:42

I spent over 13 hours making music this weekend alone.
over 7 hours was for a small section that lasts about 34 seconds
dubstepping it up a bit
its a bit more difficult than I originally anticipated
but its not unreachable
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 27 Oct 2014 11:08

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I spent over 13 hours making music this weekend alone.
over 7 hours was for a small section that lasts about 34 seconds
dubstepping it up a bit
its a bit more difficult than I originally anticipated
but its not unreachable

I feel your pain, bro, but at the same time it's not THAT hard. t's just the bass lines and synths. You don't have to be like that poser hipster nerdy guy with thick-as-fuck glasses to make dubstep.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Freewave » 27 Oct 2014 11:13

So I'm the music director for Rotlcon this year. That of course starts Friday .....which is a bit short notice....thank god it mainly entails keeping musicians informed about music panels, performance times, and doing setups. Just about everything i was already doing last year.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby DJ TATCM » 27 Oct 2014 11:26

Ricky Denzel wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:t's just the bass lines and synths.

dammit i had it wrong this whole time

also flao i love ur new avi

also freewave congrats i think yeah i'd imagine it's difficult coordinating something like cons and stuff but i suppose since this is ur second time right? then it must be funn

also i need to apply to uni in like a day lmao deadlines eesh
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby eery » 27 Oct 2014 11:39

Ricky Denzel wrote:it's just the bass lines and synths. You don't have to be like that poser hipster nerdy guy with thick-as-fuck glasses to make dubstep.

what are you
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Ricky Denzel » 27 Oct 2014 15:54

eery wrote:
Ricky Denzel wrote:it's just the bass lines and synths. You don't have to be like that poser hipster nerdy guy with thick-as-fuck glasses to make dubstep.

what are you

Weird, fucked up, insane, girly guy with small-as-fuck glasses.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion