Xbox1, PS4, Wii U or PC?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Choose from below

PC
69%
PS4
9%
Wii U
16%
Xbox1
6%

Total votes : 32

Xbox1, PS4, Wii U or PC?

Postby simonli2575 » 14 Aug 2013 11:11

Oh hey, we can create polls now.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Re: Xbox1, PS4, Wii U or PC?

Postby itroitnyah » 14 Aug 2013 11:33

I think that consoles can be fun, only thing is that I just would appreciate it if game developers would release their games across all systems.

Oh, and the Nintendo consoles are great. Especially fun for parties and stuff.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Conchetupony » 14 Aug 2013 11:53

eery wrote:I hope console gaming dies out, so exclusive titles wont be a bother anymore. Thats kind of the only reason to get a console.

PC gaming is pretty convenient since you can upgrade the hardware and all, though hardware innovations, such as a touchscreen and a mic as peripherals in the DS - before the iPhone and Android were a thing - and motion control as in the Wii and the PSMove, have been made possible precisely thanks to this exclusivity; the innovative feature in question being their selling point. I don't think people would've bought something like a Wiimote for the PC just to play some few titles that use it - it just wouldn't catch on.

From a developer's point of view, it's much easier to develop a game assuming that every system that runs it will be the same, and that no resources will be wasted by a modern multi-tasking OS (this is why the same game can run in a console with much lesser specs than a PC). If you want to release it in multiple platforms, multiplatform middleware (i.e. game engine) can be outsourced, so console exclusives are often purely to buff up sales.

Final veredict: idk but I voted PC anyway
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby Ben » 14 Aug 2013 11:54

Wii u because smash bros is the only game that looks fun these days
Expect to read & view opinions on ponys , music & pop culture all with my raw, uncut & cynical sense of humor. I.E. the Deadpool of the horse fandom .

My Tumblr:http://soultensionb.tumblr.com/
My skype:bejaminz410
My Genitalia:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQjrVr8sQwDFlVYOE6MmVg
Ben

Postby Facade » 14 Aug 2013 12:04

eery wrote:I hope console gaming dies out, so exclusive titles wont be a bother anymore. Thats kind of the only reason to get a console.

that and consoles are holding back game development D:
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Mr.Afrox » 14 Aug 2013 12:36

P to the C (Facade is hot)
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04

Postby Facade » 14 Aug 2013 12:50

Mr.Afrox wrote:P to the C (Facade is hot)

:D
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby LFP » 14 Aug 2013 14:25

Gotta go with PC.
Though if I had to choose a console if go with the wii u because its awesome ^^
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby S.P.P » 14 Aug 2013 14:33

I went PC. Although I'll inevitably be buying the Xbox when it comes down in price so I can play with my friends, who are all console gamers5lyf
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby ph00tbag » 14 Aug 2013 17:41

Facade wrote:

I doubt it.

How many people do you know that can afford the cutting edge of gaming PC's? I might know five or six off-hand. Most people I know have to scrimp and save to get a console. Market penetration for top-of-the-line gaming PC's is terrible, as is to be expected, so making games that can actually challenge those units realistically is simply not profitable. Costs are too high, and demand (thus market value) is too low.

Even if all consoles just suddenly disappeared, PC gaming wouldn't advance that much faster. Hell, it'd probably regress, since a PC that can do what a PS3 does is still really damn expensive, and since no one would be making an investment in a console, they'd be purchasing low-grade PC's, and in order to accommodate them, game developers would have to put out lower-quality games.

Personally, I'm looking at the PS4. I'm holding off on the Wii U until I know whether their exclusives are worthwhile. I got burned hard by Other M and Brawl, so I've just kinda lost my faith that Nintendo is still able to deliver on my favorite franchises.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Facade » 14 Aug 2013 18:31

ph00tbag wrote:
Facade wrote:

I doubt it.

How many people do you know that can afford the cutting edge of gaming PC's? I might know five or six off-hand. Most people I know have to scrimp and save to get a console. Market penetration for top-of-the-line gaming PC's is terrible, as is to be expected, so making games that can actually challenge those units realistically is simply not profitable. Costs are too high, and demand (thus market value) is too low.

Even if all consoles just suddenly disappeared, PC gaming wouldn't advance that much faster. Hell, it'd probably regress, since a PC that can do what a PS3 does is still really damn expensive, and since no one would be making an investment in a console, they'd be purchasing low-grade PC's, and in order to accommodate them, game developers would have to put out lower-quality games.

Personally, I'm looking at the PS4. I'm holding off on the Wii U until I know whether their exclusives are worthwhile. I got burned hard by Other M and Brawl, so I've just kinda lost my faith that Nintendo is still able to deliver on my favorite franchises.

you just talked about money and sales and provided no facts...

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/12_way ... _pc_gaming

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general ... es-535731/

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthre ... ming/page3

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/ ... t-consoles
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby SticktheFigure » 14 Aug 2013 20:05

I absolutely love the PC but the PS4 has some pretty sexy games coming out for it.
I couldn't stop from drooling over e3.
Most excited for Kingdom Hearts 3(I know it isn't exclusive but....) and The Witness.
Spoiler woof:
Jokeblue wrote:the avatar of one of the guys who donated pretty much sums up how this is going
Keyboard: Yamaha Sy22 DAW: FLStudio 10 VST: Massive, Zeta+ 2
SticktheFigure

Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby itroitnyah » 14 Aug 2013 20:25

Oh boy, another internet forum argument. Imma get involved before they lock this thread.

The only thing that is holding back game development is the modeling and physics engines that game developers are using. The software they're using has limitations, believe it or not.
itroitnyah

Postby SticktheFigure » 14 Aug 2013 21:56

eery wrote:Yeah, I heard they were gonna upgrade for the next tony hawk though, to implement some non euclidean grinding.

DID SOMEONE SAY TONY HAWK?
Spoiler woof:
Jokeblue wrote:the avatar of one of the guys who donated pretty much sums up how this is going
Keyboard: Yamaha Sy22 DAW: FLStudio 10 VST: Massive, Zeta+ 2
SticktheFigure

Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby ph00tbag » 14 Aug 2013 22:15

ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Facade » 14 Aug 2013 22:44

itroitnyah wrote:The only thing that is holding back game development is the modeling and physics engines that game developers are using.

yes and they wont upgrade them because either

A) they are lazy

or

B) if they did consoles would be able to handle them
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Sonarch » 14 Aug 2013 23:11

Imma have to go with PC as well, but I'll probably get an xbox anyway because my friend has been enticing me with cool game trailers.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Motivfs » 14 Aug 2013 23:32

Not a PC gamer, never will be a PC gamer. Since I've played consoles since the Super Nintendo, I've always been grown to playing on a console rather then a PC, even if PC is the "master race", consoles have still progressed greatly over time, mods might not be as versatile as on PC, but you can still mods consoles quite easily (mods being one of the reasons I'd ever switch to a PC to screw around in games for the hell of it). Really, PC doesn't offer me anything more then the consoles do, atleast for me. I still get to play the games I want (GTA 5, Watch Dogs, The Division, Titanfall), and the graphics are still incredible, while the gameplay is no different.

I'll get the Xbox One if they get rid of the mandatory kinect in the system and lower the price for that reason. I've had a 360 and Xbox Live for 6 years and I want to continue with that, but if Microsoft doesn't do anything about what I said above, I'll probably go to PS4.

Also, HAHA NO GTA 5 FOR PC GAMERS YET AHAHAHA (InB4 laughed at for console gaming flaws)
Motivfs

Postby simonli2575 » 14 Aug 2013 23:39

Motivfs wrote:I'll get the Xbox One if they get rid of the mandatory kinect in the system

You now no longer need the Kinect connected to make Xbox1 work, though it still comes with the system when you buy it.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Motivfs » 14 Aug 2013 23:40

simonli2575 wrote:You now no longer need the Kinect connected to make Xbox1 work, though it still comes with the system when you buy it.

I know, which is why I don't want to buy it, that extra $100 the Xbox One costs that the PS4 doesn't is because of kinect, which I will NEVER use.

I refuse to pay for something I will never have use for.
Motivfs

Postby ganondox » 14 Aug 2013 23:54

eery wrote:Honestly, Ive always felt stuff like touchscreens and wiimotes was very gimmicky anyways, so I cant really relate. I get where you're coming from, innovation thru concepts like that, but for me , when I play a game , its for the immersing experience, which I dont really get when Im waving my head around trying to hit that one virtual tennisball.

It really depends on how the game developer implants the tools they are given. Yes, it could be a gimmick, but sometimes it results in genuine innovation and ideas that are dependent on the hardware.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby Sonarch » 15 Aug 2013 00:09

Motivfs wrote:I refuse to pay for something I will never have use for.

Maybe sell the Kinect?
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Motivfs » 15 Aug 2013 00:11

From what I've read, and correct me if I'm wrong cause I missed most of E3, the Kinect is integrated into the Xbox One, it's not an extra component which is why Microsoft currently refuses to make a version of the Xbox One without the Kinect installed.

I'm sure Micro$oft will kick in though and release a version a year or two from now without it as a money grab for those who didn't get it at first (people like me!)
Motivfs

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Aug 2013 01:14

I really don't get the whole platform debate. I mean, if you wanna play a game, go play it. Who cares what it's being played on?

But I'll just leave an open ended 'anything but the Xbox one'. But that's only because it requires a connection to the internet during the initial setup (I know they booted the once a day check thingo). Since I only use my consoles for offline gaming, I'm not gonna go to the hassle of getting one connected to the web just to set the thing up. So my reasons are purely practical if anything.

and I'd be equal parts ok with PS4 or PC. But I can't vote twice so...yeah.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby itroitnyah » 15 Aug 2013 09:42

Facade wrote:yes and they wont upgrade them because either

A) they are lazy

or

B) if they did consoles would be able to handle them
Actually, no. I don't work for a videogame developer or anything, and I'm pretty certain that you don't either, but I strongly doubt that they're "too lazy" to upgrade the software that they use. Especially considering the software they use generally controls how detailed they can make everything and how well the physics of the game can work, etc.

Consoles can handle games easily. They may not come with big fancy videocards, but that's why the graphics on console games are generally not as high as you can get them on the computer. Other than that, the consoles can handle the physics engines and modeling things, they just need the graphic settings lowered so that the console can handle the game better.
itroitnyah

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion