Gifts for Studio B - Albums?!?!?!?!?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Gifts for Studio B - Albums?!?!?!?!?

Postby Cyril » 18 Oct 2011 07:23

I'm actually in the process of remastering it (almost done actually)

but http://youtu.be/Oo2448-AhFI is something I'd like to see included?
Cyril

Postby Rainbowdutch » 18 Oct 2011 07:28

Interrobang Pie wrote:Something Broke was on there, but we decided against, you know, sending in what is probably one of the worst parts of the fandom.

I think it should be on there. they already went quite close with party of one and although cupcakes came before that episode, the only thing it does is go on where the episode stopped.

also it is the only pony rock opera song we have and a very good one at that. even if they haven't read cupcakes, in the way tarby tells the story, it is a very easy conclusion.

also you have to remember that we are sending this to the people from studio B, they are adults who have seen many things and probably won't be shocked by the song.
Rainbowdutch

Postby Interrobang Pie » 18 Oct 2011 08:05

Rainbowdutch wrote:quite close

One has Pinkie Pie make imaginary friends to compensate for the lack of friends at Gummy's after-birthday party.
The other has Pinkie Pie drug, chain up and mutilate Rainbow Dash.

I don't think Studio B would like to see this done to their own characters.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Versilaryan » 18 Oct 2011 10:21

Thanks, guys. I feel so loved. =P

For IMBOF, I'd suggest Gimme RD. It seems to be his most popular song.

And I'm also against putting Something Broke on the album. Tarby's written plenty of other excellent works and I don't think a song about Cupcakes is something the creators of the show would want to hear. We're sending this as a thank-you gift. We really shouldn't include anything that dark.
Versilaryan

Postby Tarby » 18 Oct 2011 11:45

Interrobang Pie wrote:Something Broke was on there, but we decided against, you know, sending in what is probably one of the worst parts of the fandom.

Oh god not something broke o.o lmfao, maybe Ballad Of Autumn Dreams? It's acoustic, one of my shorter tunes, and though on the more simplistic side, it's one of my most popular songs.

As RD said, they are adults, but to be honest i don't want what might be their first introduction of me to be "HEY, PINKIE's EMBRASING HER INNER SOCIOPATH!!! :3 ENJOY THE MUSIC! ALL FUCKING 20 MINUTES OF IT!"

Interrobang Pie wrote:I'm still a little worried about this, cause then we have two rather unbalanced albums (9 to 20).

consider length of songs, then maybe just split the 20 songs into a "part 1" and "Part 2" (since, to be honest, it's what you'd end up with keeping the setup you have now anyway). If you're worried about uneven numbers on the albums, keep the list you have now just to make things easier, just add more stuff to the smaller part (Time wise, not number wise) and keep in mind that most commercial CD's can't store over 80 minutes of data
Hahaha I don't even go on here anymore
Seriously hit me up on skype or something, I'm rarely if ever online here.
Tarby

Postby Senator Myth » 18 Oct 2011 12:14

(WHY IS EVERYONE SO FOND OF SWEET APPLE ACRES!?!?!?!? I mean I like it and all, but it was my very first song, so it makes me feel like I've only gone downhill with everything else I've done...

Meh, I-Pie probably only put it on the list because of his swing-beat fetish.)

I'd like to offer a few things to maybe put in the "covers from the show" list or whatever. I'm pretty proud of them all, so maybe pick whichever ones compliment the ones we've already picked out:

Raining Stars -- Remix of Circuit's song, which was heavily inspired by some background music from the show. I'm fond of this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7bigSrA-Q

Celestia's Theme -- Remix of a background theme from the show. My most popular video, and I think it's rather grand and bombastic and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1DS5Qx3uw

Vanquishing the Ursa Minor -- I might have gone a little bit literal with this one, and it's sort of my least favorite of the three. Still, if it fits and neither of the other two really do, have at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7G5R3U-rg

I'd be immensely proud if one or two of these songs actually made it to William Anderson's ears. The "Raining Stars" is fairly far removed from the original background music, so maybe you can toss it into the "inspired by the show" column (instead of SAA I guess).

So yeah, there you go. My suggestions.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Interrobang Pie » 18 Oct 2011 12:41

Senator Myth wrote:Meh, I-Pie probably only put it on the list because of his swing-beat fetish.)

Or because there are no other Applejack songs. Range. Also it seems I'm the only Brit who doesn't have a swing fetish (apart from maybe this).

But yeah, if we get another Applejack song in, then I can buff up the remixes section a bit with your things.

Tarby wrote:consider length of songs, then maybe just split the 20 songs into a "part 1" and "Part 2"

That's probably what I'd end up doing.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Rainbowdutch » 18 Oct 2011 13:36

okey then if everyone is against something broke I would suggest the wings you've earned in my opinion that is his best song after something broke.

furthermore I would suggest luna (I dont really care if it is dream or nightmare mode) more than discord. this is mostly because to me parts of the lyrics and the dubstep part just sound "off".
Rainbowdutch

Postby sci » 18 Oct 2011 16:06

two things:
1. "apple skytree" is a remix of WWU, so it should probably be in the Remixes section (unless this clashes with kil6969's remix, I guess?)
2. my name is supposed to be all-lowercase. Usually I'm not too picky about this, but if I'm going on a CD I'd like to keep that consistent. <_<
sci

Primary: OpenMPT
Cutie Mark: Sampling

Postby Whitetail » 18 Oct 2011 22:26

I'm actually working on redoing Lunar Eclipse since the original mix bothers me so much, but that'll probably take a while to finish so would mind if I did a quick remaster for this?

I'm honestly surprised that you guys found my music worthy of this, thanks a lot!
As for what to call me, if you could put (WherewolfTherewolf) in parenthesis after Derpy Hooves that'd be nice, but that is a bit of a lot of space so if you can't fit that in "Derpy Hooves" would work I guess.
Whitetail

Postby Tarby » 18 Oct 2011 22:34

Rainbowdutch wrote:okey then if everyone is against something broke I would suggest the wings you've earned in my opinion that is his best song after something broke.

furthermore I would suggest luna (I dont really care if it is dream or nightmare mode) more than discord. this is mostly because to me parts of the lyrics and the dubstep part just sound "off".

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the wings you've earned. I'm finishing up my redo of the song, I'll be done with it tonight. That'd be awesome on there!
Tarby

Postby Tarby » 19 Oct 2011 00:19

Tarby wrote:
Rainbowdutch wrote:okey then if everyone is against something broke I would suggest the wings you've earned in my opinion that is his best song after something broke.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the wings you've earned. I'm finishing up my redo of the song, I'll be done with it tonight. That'd be awesome on there!

http://soundcloud.com/mistarleadguitar/the-wings-youve-earned

Bam
Tarby

Postby MichaelA » 19 Oct 2011 13:40

I'm fixing some stuff from Luna's Anthem. You need trance on those albums, and theres like... no really active makers of trance in this fandom except me :P
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby Aussie » 19 Oct 2011 14:19

I'll do a quick little VIP of the Vinyl Scratch remix for this, cause I really hate the last part with all the wubs now.

What's the deadline for this again?
Aussie

Postby Interrobang Pie » 19 Oct 2011 14:24

Aussie wrote:What's the deadline for this again?

Friday.

Which reminds me, who's willing to burn all this and send it in?
Interrobang Pie

Postby Aussie » 19 Oct 2011 16:52

Aussie

Postby ismbof » 20 Oct 2011 21:11

Is this good enough to replace gimme rd on the cd or not?

http://www.mediafire.com/?q31acuqwupkqa0q

if not i'll quickly give you guys a remastered gimme rd.
ismbof

Postby Whitetail » 21 Oct 2011 22:17

http://www.box.net/shared/gk9peo8vocab2gh49klp

Here, I've given Lunar Eclipse a quick touch up job, at least there's no clipping on this mix
Whitetail

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 22 Oct 2011 01:53

Hi there guys, can a new member of the site contribute something? :D
The idea seems interesting...

Perhaps the littlest thing like cheering you guys with some yay might help...
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby ArtAttack » 22 Oct 2011 02:03

http://www.mediafire.com/?1i94kcebibprmjv

Here you go, my best original.
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby MichaelA » 22 Oct 2011 13:20

Aww, I'm not on this list.
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby bartekko » 22 Oct 2011 13:25

^ I also am not on the list, but I don't say anything about it, half the ponies here are not.

Also There HAS to be some "X invades equestria" in here, preferably mumble's remix.

I'm just sayian
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby [voodoopony] » 24 Oct 2011 01:01

Haha, well if you're up for including one of my tracks, maybe Flight of the Wonderbolts, Dreams of an Earth Pony or You Gotta Glitch [Voodoopony's Antivirus Mix] might work. Depending on the flow of the album.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion