I'm making a blog!

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

I'm making a blog!

Postby DoDo1234 » 22 Mar 2012 13:21

Hi, MLR! I'm making a new blog which artists can use to submit their work, and viewers can use to find remixes! It's a bit like an Equestria daily, One which is based completely around music, and posts fresh music (No more than 24hrs old) every day. If the site becomes large enough, I'll begin paying for a domain name and try to get it on EqD!

Now, My reason for posting here is to ask y'all if you'd want your stuff posted on my site! Basically, if you give me your Youtube Channel URL and upload your songs there, I'll put your videos in a post on the day it's uploaded.
So, the point is this. If you want me to post your stuff, send me a link to your channel, and I'll subscribe and check daily for any suitable mixes.

Here's a link to the site, if you want a look at it;
http://ponyremixplanet.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks!
DoDo1234

Re: I'm making a blog!

Postby Legion » 22 Mar 2012 13:34

From what I can tell browsing on an i
Legion

Postby Legion » 22 Mar 2012 13:39

From what I can tell browsing on an iPhone, this sounds like a REALLY awesome idea. I'll be following this and keeping an eye on it.

I'll definitely submit my channel once I start uploading stuff too.

Edit: oh, wow, double post. Derp.
Legion

Postby bartekko » 22 Mar 2012 14:03

[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby DoDo1234 » 22 Mar 2012 14:41

Oh... Well, That's unfortunate...

Well, looks like Equestrian Rhythm have got a new rival! XD I may be less experienced, have a less purty site, and have 31000 less visitors, but Imma try... After all, I'm not gonna quit because I'm not the first to join the competition. I'll just need a good start.
DoDo1234

Postby Freewave » 22 Mar 2012 14:57

its a good idea and having alternatives and friendly competition is a great idea. hopefully you can get some support and cross-linking from some bigger sites or radio stations and you can give it a solid effort. :)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby DoDo1234 » 31 Mar 2012 08:35

Okay, so I've made a pretty big update to how the site looks, because it was a little bit ugly before. It's got a new Nav bar too, to make it less default-looking. I tried to make the site a bit more... Equestria Daily like, but found it might be a bit TOO much like Equestria daily. Any ideas on what I might change?
DoDo1234

Postby Freewave » 04 Apr 2012 17:47

Site is awesome and you've put some great work into it. Don't be frustrated if it takes awhile to catch on. Feel free to look for newer music artists (I have a lot of great ones i follow on soundcloud that are all pony related). If you follow and reach out to each and let them know of your existence it will likely catch on. I know in many ways you are competing with EqD but they might be willing to feature your site and other smaller sites or pony stations shouldn't be afraid to link each other so look into that.

Keep up the great work.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Off-Topic Discussion