--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread F

Postby taZe » 14 May 2014 19:21

FLAOFEI wrote:Hai taze.
How's life?
Tazed any people lately?
I'd make a pun about your electrifying personality, but I only know your name... so wat ever it is, I'll be sure to amp up any potential puns to their full capacitance for when we get to know you better.
I hope you weren't to shocked by that, but hi, I'm Flao, the master of puns.
Would you mind telling us a bit more though? Or at least link some music so we can find your work?

Well, I can see that you put up quite the joke here, flao. And sure.
Here is a sample of my music.
https://soundcloud.com/thetaze/nuclear-pink-pony
https://soundcloud.com/thetaze
taZe

Primary: FL Studio 12.1
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Artless » 15 May 2014 20:58

I realize I never posted anything here, so here I go.

I'm Artless, and I've been making music since January, so about 4 months now. I use FL Studio, and my main VST is the demo version of Sylenth (Don't judge me, I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet). I make mostly house music, and I'm not that good but I'm striving to get better.

I got into music because of the pony fandom. I was listening to a lot of pony music in about October-November of 2013, and I wanted to give something back to the fandom, so I got together with a friend to "Make a shitty poni wub, yay". I started messing with the demo of FL, and purchased the Producer (whichever was underneath Signature bundle) edition in early January, and here I am now.

As for events I've participated in, I did a remix for the Fluttersky remix compilation album, a track for "Soulless Afternoons", and I plan to make something for "Crystal Skies" (3rd ponies at dawn album), and Remix war 8. Also, I'm working on a track for the "Fallout Equestria: Music from Club Mixers" album as part of a joke alias I made (you'll know what it is if I make the album)

I don't know if that was a good intro or not.

Almost forgot my shameless plug.
https://soundcloud.com/artl3ss
Artless

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sorta House

Postby GunInYrFaic » 18 May 2014 21:10

Hello, my name is Chase, but you probably already knew that anyway.
I'm 18 years old and I just recently graduated high school. :geek:

I'm still trying to work out my life, but for now, I'll settle with creating and promoting music in whichever way possible.
I may end up becoming a freelance journalist and a video game developer (probably using RPG Maker), but I'm still not sure yet. :umm:

I usually listen to experimental music and stylistic suck, but will tune into "conventional" music as well.

I'm also a bit of an arrogant moron sometimes and have a bad habit of completely embarrassing myself. :oops:
My sense of humour varies...a lot. I often laugh at bad movies, dark comedy, and/or something utterly stupid. May vary from there too.

Music aliases I have so far :roll: :
Voidroa - experimental, noise, ambient, audio editor experiments
>>more to be announced. please wait.<<
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10

Postby FritzyBeat » 19 May 2014 03:26

Hello Chase, and welcome to the forum!

As previously stated, please leave your sanity at the door! Pineapple hats will be on your left as you make your way in! We hope you enjoy your stay here at the My Little Remix Insane Asylum Forum. ;D
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby FLAOFEI » 19 May 2014 06:23

Hi Chase and Artless.
Hope you don't come Chase-ing me with a gun in mah faic. Please don't do that.
And hope you find some arts here, I've been searching around but haven't found any so far. Maybe you have better luck.

Anyway, welcome. And about those Pineapple hatts, we had to cut down on the pines, so you gonna have to make due with our apple hats for the time being. Have "fun".
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby GunInYrFaic » 19 May 2014 20:43

FLAOFEI wrote:Hi Chase and Artless.
Hope you don't come Chase-ing me with a gun in mah faic. Please don't do that.
And hope you find some arts here, I've been searching around but haven't found any so far. Maybe you have better luck.

Anyway, welcome. And about those Pineapple hatts, we had to cut down on the pines, so you gonna have to make due with our apple hats for the time being. Have "fun".

Well I thank everybody that has welcomed you for, y'know, welcoming me. :umm:

By the way, FLAOFEI...Brothel King is a hilarious track. Made me drop whatever sides I had left. :lol: I know you're probably likely to sample Haruhi Suzumiya (if you sample any anime I guess) but, uh...think you can do something with samples from Black Lagoon? :?:
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10

Postby FLAOFEI » 19 May 2014 21:19

GunInYrFaic wrote:By the way, FLAOFEI...Brothel King is a hilarious track. Made me drop whatever sides I had left. :lol: I know you're probably likely to sample Haruhi Suzumiya (if you sample any anime I guess) but, uh...think you can do something with samples from Black Lagoon? :?:

Yay, somebody compliments me on my music OuO :3 yay

But I don't know why you'd think I would sample Haruhi Sumthing rather than Black Lagoon... I honestly don't watch anime much at all. If I would sample anime... I think I'd look at RUBY... but I checked out those two you said, and I might use Black Lagoon some time.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Seven Ponies » 22 May 2014 05:01

I Honestly don't know that this thread existed so...here I am

Hi Guys! The names Clyde, but I go by the name Seven Ponies (I know...it's a cheeky pun if u get it :)

But I was named D3adray for a while until I experimented with music and I kinda found what I'm good at,
taming hypersaws and designing them to make them stand out, I guess you could say that I found my "Cutie Mark"
in music, LoL ^^

I specialize in the field of melodic dubstep, chillstep, house, and dubstep.

My inspiration for my music
Fandomwise: Synthis, Aftermath, Archie/Desso, smor3s, thomas H, All levels at once, Silva hound, Omnipony
Others: Seven Lions, Zedd, Madeon, Vicetone, Sirensceol, Varien, Pegboard Nerds, Pendulum, Knife Party

I use FL studio 11 all the time for my music, its probably the best the I used, besides, your DAW doesn't make you who you are right?

I should explain how I entered this fandom now do I? Oh well here it goes.
It All started on april 2013, when my curiosity finally peaked when I saw that PMV that Malathrom made called "Shy".
I kinda hesitated on watching the show until this came up and I was like, "Who would have this dedication for something, especially a
Childrens show" So I finally watched my first episode named "read it and weep", and you guys probably know what happens after that,
I finished the whole season 1 in just a day! Never regreted it :)

TBH, I never understood anything about music until I entered this fandom, like, anything at all. Never played a piano seriously.
Never memorised chords and notes at all. so this fandom really sparked that determination in me that I never thought was there.

Thats basically me :)
Seven Ponies

Primary: fl studio 10
Cutie Mark: Chillstep

Postby TWILICORN » 22 May 2014 11:23

Seven Ponies wrote:TBH, I never understood anything about music until I entered this fandom, like, anything at all. Never played a piano seriously.
Never memorised chords and notes at all. so this fandom really sparked that determination in me that I never thought was there.

That seems pretty familiar. The desire to make music was always there but I never really tried very hard until discovered MLP. I also discovered Speedcore through Dave and Supersaw Hoover so that's a bonus!

Welcome to MLR Seven Ponies!
I release horrific mash-ups on a year-by-year basis

Soundcloud | Tweeter Ramblings | Wolfpuncher
TWILICORN

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: ♛PRINCESS♛

Postby FritzyBeat » 22 May 2014 12:58

TWILICORN wrote:
Seven Ponies wrote:TBH, I never understood anything about music until I entered this fandom, like, anything at all. Never played a piano seriously.

That seems pretty familiar. The desire to make music was always there but I never really tried very hard until discovered MLP. I also discovered Speedcore through Dave and Supersaw Hoover so that's a bonus!

Welcome to MLR Seven Ponies!

Haha, I also know what thats like X3 I have always WANTED to make music, but it took a bunch of colourful magic ponies to get me off my keister and actually do it ;P

I also wish you a warm welcome Seven Ponies! Pineapple hats will be on your left as you make your way in! Hope you enjoy your stay here ;D
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Seven Ponies » 22 May 2014 21:40

FritzyBeat wrote:Welcome to MLR Seven Ponies!
Haha, I also know what thats like X3 I have always WANTED to make music, but it took a bunch of colourful magic ponies to get me off my keister and actually do it ;P

I also wish you a warm welcome Seven Ponies! Pineapple hats will be on your left as you make your way in! Hope you enjoy your stay here ;D

And these pineapple hats don't dissapoint :D And I enjoyed my stay here so far ^^
Seven Ponies

Primary: fl studio 10
Cutie Mark: Chillstep

Postby EliAz » 25 May 2014 10:02

Hi guys!

I've been meaning to join his forum for a while and I finally got round to actually doing it!

My name is Elias and I'm an 18 year old college student that is currently studying music technology. In the world of electronic music I currently make Dubstep, but I am hoping to move more into things like Glitch Hop when my production improves, as it isn't too great at the moment. I also make metal music from time to time too. :D

As for Mlp, I started watching about a year ago after a couple of my friends mentioned the show to me. After seeing the first episode I managed to watch all 3 seasons in about a month! XD

Also my favourite pony is Twilight Sparkle! :3

Anyways I hope to see you guys round the forum!
EliAz

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Dubstep/Metal

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 07 Jun 2014 02:11

Hi, I'm Dominic...
:grin:
Hyōka isn't real, and neither is that spoon from the matrix!
RCYouKnowMe

Primary: Audacity w/Musescore, VSTHOST, Ansine 2, DrumBurst, and real intruments: Yamaha YS-7, Guitar, Clarinet.

Postby JoshSpicer » 07 Jun 2014 02:42

Didn't take long to screw something up...

Anyway, my name's Josh Spicer. I became a brony in 2011 (I'm a veteran, you could say) after watching the Philomena episode. Afterwards, I watched the entire first season and fell in love with it.

I've been releasing music for a while now after learning a lot of things from Mic the Microphone--whom I used to help mod his streams, a job I have since abdicated away from.

My favorite pony is either Sunset Shimmer or Fleur de Lis, not sure really.

The epitome of my brony "career", let's say, was moderating Jan. 2012 BronyCon, a moment I will never ever forget.
JoshSpicer

Primary: Vegas Pro
Cutie Mark: Vocals

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Jun 2014 05:45

Hey you three, big welcome to MyLittleRemix!
This place can offer you a community of people with varying sides and levels of experience to do with music and ponies. If you got unanswered questions about music or ponies, want to contribute to discussing those two subject, or want to commune with other dedicated people and just have some fun with friends, you've definitely come to the right place.

Enjoy your stay :)
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 08 Jun 2014 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FLAOFEI » 07 Jun 2014 18:40

Hi Dominic
I'm not a remote control, so I don't know you. You also didn't write much about your self... that's also a reason.

And hi Josh
You look like a well seasoned individual. I think you spelt Rainbow Dash wrong when you wrote best pony tho... Also, is that your face in your signature?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby JoshSpicer » 07 Jun 2014 19:50

FLAOFEI wrote:And hi Josh
You look like a well seasoned individual. I think you spelt Rainbow Dash wrong when you wrote best pony tho... Also, is that your face in your signature?

Much obliged, and no it is not. Dean Ambrose is his name..

And my good sir, I find your taste in pastel colored ponies to be outright ridiculous.
JoshSpicer

Primary: Vegas Pro
Cutie Mark: Vocals

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 10 Jun 2014 17:35

jello, eliaz, and spoice spice: Nice ta meet ya.

@FLAOFEI
You're right, why not? It's just a forum, I'm old enough. Here's a written description of me:
O.K. I'm 21 from wheat ridge CO. I work at a hardware store, and live with my parents and little sister, I went to college dropped out (Only 2 semesters), going back for pharmacist, need to pay off loans, new bro on the way, will be done with loans in september (Till then paying rent here). Christian new age, Pro-life, Independent/Green, average weight, I'm white/mexican/italian, -slight tan, beard, glasses, 6' ft. Today was totally dull, off to work in 2 1/2 hours, all I did was watch T.V what a waste. I just got done fixing up the new room, painting, and throwing out six months of old garbage with my dad from the garage. I've been on multiple sites, this being my only one at the moment other then facebook. No felonies, or misdemeanors, drug free, regular average guy. I'll leave it there. Might as well throw it all out there I ain't scared. So that's that.
RCYouKnowMe

Primary: Audacity w/Musescore, VSTHOST, Ansine 2, DrumBurst, and real intruments: Yamaha YS-7, Guitar, Clarinet.

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 10 Jun 2014 17:51

@Rcyouknowme

Give me a break "Dominic" you're not going to play that average guy act around here: What are you reallllY Up to huh? Bub? How do we know that aint some lie? Why so much detail... what are you trying to hide something? What's the deal man? Don't make me trace your IP address...I ain't scarred I'll do it. I could get you banned you know... What If I told you I don't agree with your whole style, and I gotta grudge to pick against you? Huh? whaddya say to THAT? Hmmm?
RCYouKnowMe

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 10 Jun 2014 17:55

So yeah that's me. :grin:
RCYouKnowMe

Postby Jokeblue » 10 Jun 2014 18:12

...where's fritzy with the pineapple hats. You seem like you could really use one. :3
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 10 Jun 2014 18:19

-------------------------------
yeahhh...
RCYouKnowMe

Postby eery » 10 Jun 2014 19:10

I dont get it.

Welcome though. I think?
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby FLAOFEI » 11 Jun 2014 04:56

I completley get it. Dominic is a man who believes he is an avarage guy, but by being on this forum has disproved himself on that point. He is aware of this, and the conflict arising from this has resulted in multiple personality disorder. Other than that I have no idea... But I know rhat RC knows him.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 16 Jun 2014 16:22

I'm no schizo, but yeah that's it.
I an't crazy I tell ya' I ain't you can't force me: The meds are a conspiracy! Ah hahahahaha.
O.K.The jokes old now, thanks for the greeting.
RCYouKnowMe

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion