--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread F

Postby Hawk » 22 Feb 2014 17:41

ohai

I've been member here since Summer 2012 but I never used the forum much and also never introduced myself...so imma do that now.

I'm hawkminusthree, I'm 17 years old and from Germany. I'm really into electronic music, mostly Techno, Tech House and Deep House. That's the stuff I usually play when I'm DJing and that I'm trying to make when producing. Up to now I haven't seen any Brony musicians who make that kind of music, more people should do it.
In the past 2 years I've messed around a couple of times with FL Studio and then switched to Ableton Live (which I'm still using) but quickly gave up every time cuz I have the attention span of a mouse on cocaine. One of my new years resolutions though is to get my shit together and seriously start learning how to produce electronic music. It would be nice if you could help me with that.

Other than that there's not much to know about me. I love DJing, from doing it myself to listening to mixes from others and discussing and reading about new gear. My dream and goal in life is to make a living out of DJing and travel around the world. I don't necessary want to be the next Skrillex or something, I just want to do what I love and see new places.
I also love music in general and I'm open to a lot of genres as long as they sound good.

Aside from music I like gaming, anime and ponies, the stuff 90% of the people in this fandom also like, so whatever, nobody cares anyway.

I don't know how to end this introduction.
Soundcloud
Youtube

Click here! If you're lucky, you'll catch me djing.
Hawk

Primary: Ableton Live & Maschine
Cutie Mark: a minus <3

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Feb 2014 00:10

Hey Hawk! My god you're right, the brony music scene needs some damn Techno, Tech House and Deep House. Haven't heard any of that so far.
I enjoy those genres a lot myself, among others (eeeeeeey).

Welcome here, and enjoy your stay ^_^ I'm sure we'll be able to help you on your path on becoming a better producer and/or DJ in some way or another. Just one key thing: you can never ask a dumb question ;) if people say you do, they just expect too much.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby iDeltaVelocity » 24 Feb 2014 18:41

New place! New people! Yay!

Hi! I'm iDeltaVelocity.

Favourite pony: Diamond Tiara

Favourite Mane 6: Fluttershy

Favourite Genre: House Music

Preferred Hero: Deadpool

I've been a fan of the show since the second half of 2011. I wrote mostly fanfiction before I actually put more thought into producing electronic music. Been learning how to do this stuff since late 2012 after I purchased FL Studio and I've been getting a lot better since then. I originally tried to learn Dubstep, but my main genre now is Progressive House.

So, that's pretty much it about me.
I'd like some bacon, please. Gimme some bacon!

Soundcloud
Youtube
Twitter
Fimfiction
iDeltaVelocity

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Music note

Postby Coloriot » 24 Feb 2014 22:41

iDeltaVelocity wrote:Favourite pony: Diamond Tiara

KILL IT WITH EGGS BEFORE IT LAYS FIRE!!
Just kidding...and welcome! Hope you enjoy this site! Feel free to look around all the forum topics, and join in on our conversations. Hope we can help you be a better musician! I myself love prog house too, so...yeah.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Fl Brony » 25 Feb 2014 12:08

iDeltaVelocity wrote:

Huh, don't see that all that often. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay!
welcome to hell
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Luks » 25 Feb 2014 16:21

Hi.
I'm Luks, Lukskauser or whatever you like to call me. I'm from Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I like a lot of making music and I spend my days playing with FL Studio. About my musical "skills", I have played drums about 15 years. Not very actively anymore.

My favorite genre of music is almost all electronic that you can think, but often I like more "retro-type" and older music made with analog instruments. I started liking electronic music a long time ago, when I found Kraftwerk somewhere. I love their music, vocoders, everything. I found that electronic is more like my thing than rock etc. Then I found more and more artists and listened and listened...

Then I found the great and powerful FL Studio. I had used Ableton before, but FL is just better I think. My first tracks were horrible, like everyones at the start. But with a lot of tutorials and learning I can say my tracks sound sometimes (very rarely) good. I think that I have used FL about year, I'm not sure.

I became a brony in summer 2012, my friend put me to watch the show and I liked it. I think that Music (surprise) is best thing in the fandom. Best artists are H8_Seed, Aviators, WoodenToaster, Eurobeat Brony, All Levels At Once... The list is long because I don't hate anyone. Twilight Sparkle is the best pony.

Other things I like are computers and all electronic stuff.
So, thats basically everything about me. If you want to know something, feel free to ask. You can also take a look in my SoundCloud and (so beautiful) website. (Links in signature).

Well then, thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english (I know that it isn't perfect.)
Luks

Postby Acsii » 27 Feb 2014 17:14

iDeltaVelocity wrote:

Yay~ we can be bestirs because my fav pone is Silver Spoon
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby FritzyBeat » 27 Feb 2014 19:54

wow, so many new members joining! =D

Its awesome to see so many people who are interested in creating music inspired by My Little Pony :3
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to meeting and chatting with y'all! ;D

~Fritzy
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Keen Blade » 05 Mar 2014 01:42

Hello everyone, I'm Keen Blade. I've been following the show and the fandom since 2011 but only recently have I started making an effort to involve myself in any capacity.

First of all, I have to confess: I'm not a musician. I love music and enjoy it in a variety of genres, and I could certainly talk about within my limited knowledge, but I don't have that talent and my interests lean more to fiction and programming. If that's a problem, I can leave; I understand this is a music-oriented forum.

I've simply been giving a lot of thought lately to bronies, the fandom, and goings on therein, and I wanted to do some research, get to know people. I've been listening to brony music for years now and I'd like to understand better what motivates people. I've been working on an essay and giving a lot of things some thought lately and I wanted to go to the horse's mouth- so to speak.
Keen Blade

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Viricide Filly » 05 Mar 2014 06:15

Hi there Keen Blade. I'm Viricide, and I'll be your guide for the next 3 seconds. Bumblebees! Okay, tour over.
Enjoy your stay though. Even if you're not a musician, there's still lots of events and hidden gems to be discovered here!
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Keen Blade » 05 Mar 2014 15:27

Man, that was some 3 seconds. Thanks, it's good to see everything's cool. I liked your Pegasus Device remix, by the way. I look forward to seeing more of the thought that goes into much of the music I've been listening to.
Keen Blade

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FritzyBeat » 06 Mar 2014 00:24

Welcome to the forum Keen Blade! =D

Doesn't matter to me if you make music or not, I'm always happy to meet new friends ;) Hope you enjoy your stay here at the forum, and meet lots of new people! X3

~Fritzy
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Stuntddude » 14 Mar 2014 16:40

I personally don't see any problem with being on the forum without making music, and don't see why anyone would. It's still a great place to keep on top of what's happening in the brony music scene, to meet cool people, and to learn more about music production and immerse yourself in the culture, even if you don't plan to make music yourself. Personally, I find that knowing and analyzing what goes into the music I listen to makes it a lot more enjoyable, even outside of the context of making my own music, so I think it's a great idea.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Feedback » 26 Mar 2014 00:03

So...hi! I'm Feedback! Never been very good at introductions, but here goes.

~Playing guitar since 10 years old(20 now), bass since 15, piano since 16, and singing before I was talking, which i weird since I don't write much lyrics.
~Started recording for fun and to be one of the "cool kids" on another music forum when I was 15, started making original stuff when at 16.
~Joined the fandom right around May/June '11, addicted ever since. Only recently started making music with it though.
~I was going to have a minor in sound design, but unfortunately the university let the professor that was spearheading the program go, so that's dead in the water. That said, even if I don't have the official minor, I did take all but one of the classes for it, so I like to think that I know what I'm doing to some extent. Can always learn more though!
~Currently hoping to have a concept album or EP or something done by summer.
~Anything you're curious about or if you just feeling talking, shoot me a message and I'm happy to reply!

I feel a little out of place here since almost everyone I see on here is an electronic musician, and I'm much more rock-centered - soundtracks notwithstanding, retro 80's style synth stuff is most of the electronic music I enjoy - but genre differences has never stopped me from learning from/enjoying the company of good musicians before. :grin:
Feedback

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Two tied eighth notes

Postby haardtek » 26 Mar 2014 14:13

Hi!

I'm Haardtek, formely Dj Haardtek. I'm 14 years old and i started producing in 2012. I mostly produce Trance/Hard Trance music, but I like to combinate between genres. I produce very quickly, but I reduced my output, because I have to focus on school :???: I really like almost every genre there is, except Big Room and Mainstream Pop. I had a heavy metal phase, a hardcore/gabba phase and now, I listen to nothing than Trance/ Experimental House. I make videos on youtube since February 2013 and I was featured on Equestria Daily a few times. I hope you know what I was talking about, because my english is bad :cry:
See ya!
haardtek

Postby FLAOFEI » 26 Mar 2014 18:29

Hi Feedback and Haardtek!

It's good your here Feedback :) there are a lot of ppl here asking for you. They all like "Listen here! Feedback plz!"
And Haardtek, got any hightek Haardware to spare?

I am the local pun-maestro, sharkpone and polkaplot. If you feel like quoting Venetian Snares classic "Who wants cake?"... That's a reference.
Furthermore, you may refer to me as FLAOFEI, FLAO, Flao, Flaffi, Flel, Flufu, Falafel or Father. If you address me in any other fashion, I will most likely, being my dyslexic self, not notice and respond anyway.

Feedback wrote:I feel a little out of place here since almost everyone I see on here is an electronic musician

There are a few not-electronic ppl here to... but don't worry, most of the others don't bite. I'm a shark though... so I might bite.

Welcome /)(9w6)(\
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby OfficeBats » 26 Mar 2014 19:16

And you go straight for the puns Flao. :lol:

Welcome Feedback and Haardtek!
OfficeBats

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Mar 2014 01:11

Heeeey, welcome newlings! You just stumbled upon My Little Remix, the friendliest music community you'll ever find. Do not be afraid to ask us anything, as long as you ask it in the right section, and we'll do our best to help you out.

Enjoy your stay ;D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby simonli2575 » 27 Mar 2014 03:00

Hello haardtek, welcome to the forum.
Before we start, however, keep in mind that although fun and learning are the primary goals of all enrichment center activities, serious injuries may occur.
For your own safety and the safety of others, please refrain from
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Mar 2014 09:16

Oh, right, I'll take it from there.
Stay inside of the vehicle at all times and enjoy the ride.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Scootaloose » 27 Mar 2014 19:17

N'yello! o/

My name is Victor, also known as DJ Scootaloose. I'm from PonyvilleFM, and I've been on the DJ scene for just under 2 years. I'm from Ottawa, Canada and I'm a 21-y/o college student studying computer science at Algonquin College (hit me up if you're from around here!). Believe it or not I'm currently mixing with a keyboard and mouse setup (until I get my controller, that is). Obligatory response for best pony (I think?): Twilight Sparkle (But Luna is still best princess).
ImageImage
Old sig, but this'll do for now until I sort out a new one lols
Scootaloose

Cutie Mark: Vinyl Disc + Headset

Postby Coloriot » 27 Mar 2014 19:42

I think I've heard of you before. I ninja-d you in becoming Clavi's 100th Twitter follower or something. Do you hang out on plug.dj? I think I might have seen you there, but I dunno.

Anyway, nice to see you're on MLR! Have fun while you're here!
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby OfficeBats » 27 Mar 2014 21:07

Coloriot wrote:I think I've heard of you before. I ninja-d you in becoming Clavi's 100th Twitter follower or something. Do you hang out on plug.dj? I think I might have seen you there, but I dunno.

Yeah he's a Res.DJ on the plug.dj MLP room. I seen him before.

Enjoy your time here Scootaloose!
OfficeBats

Postby ExoBassTix » 28 Mar 2014 03:45

Ey Scootaloose, welcome to MLR, the collective of enthousiastic brony musicians, producers, and DJs alike! We'd love to hear some of your work in the General Music Feedback section. If you have any questions for us about whatever, be it about the forum or about a problem with music, ask ahead and we'll help you out.

Enjoy your stay!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Scootaloose » 28 Mar 2014 04:00

Coloriot wrote:I think I've heard of you before. I ninja-d you in becoming Clavi's 100th Twitter follower or something. Do you hang out on plug.dj? I think I might have seen you there, but I dunno.

Yep! I do visit plug.dj once in a while :)

Glad to be here, guys!
ImageImage
Old sig, but this'll do for now until I sort out a new one lols
Scootaloose

Cutie Mark: Vinyl Disc + Headset

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion