Brony Music Community as a Network

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Brony Music Community as a Network

Postby Senator Myth » 06 Jan 2012 15:25

I'm working on the music for a fangame, Budding Friendships (I will likely post some demo music from the game very soon on this forum, even though some of you have already heard it). Through working with them I realized that I had quite a network of contacts here in the brony music commmunity, and a very useful one at that. I was able to put the dev team of my game in touch with a top person from Fighting is Magic, who they sort of hero-worshipped, and he was able to give them a few pointers. We're thinking about going to a certain convention, and because of brony music I can quite easily get into contact with the person who runs it. And at some point, I intend to ask PHPony if he would be willing to help the Budding Friendships team create a better website. One of the developers joked that it wasn't his fault that sprite-artists didn't have such an extensive network!

Maybe it would be beneficial to the fan games of the brony community to have some sort of network or central website, like how musicians have My Little Remix? That's certainly worth a thought!

Anyways, go ahead and give any examples of how being in this community helped put you in touch with someone you might otherwise not have had the opportunity to speak to. I'd be willing to guess I'm not the only one who has had this kind of experience. As they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Return to Off-Topic Discussion