Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas (and a happy New Year)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas (and a happy New Year)

Postby Freewave » 24 Dec 2011 18:16

To any brony that happens to be online, thanks to MLR for being here, and I hope you have you a very merry christmas and a happy new year. :D

Be kind to each other. ;)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas (and a happy New Ye

Postby Tiaaaaa » 24 Dec 2011 19:30

Happy Hearth Warming, everypony!

There seems to be a lot of us newbies around recently, so let's all work to make next year awesome!
Tiaaaaa

Postby Facade » 24 Dec 2011 19:35

Merry Christmas! and for the others happy holidays
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby bartekko » 24 Dec 2011 19:40

Related.
I had a idea yesterday, after receiving all the love.

Why do we have to make a single member appreciation day?

I want to make 2012 Everypony appreciation day. Let's be kind to each other, and everything will solve itself. Laugh off trolls, consider it's in good fun, /me hug everyone everytime talking on skype. The hugging Is something more than just a expression that became a meaningless "g". a worded hug is a salute to the person hugged. Seriously, whenever someone goes "/me hugs x", we know that we are friends and bronies and people, even when we only talk in words.

So, yeah, pay attention to meaning of Love and tolerate, treat others like you want to be treated and merry christmas.
S.S.D.D.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Interrobang Pie » 24 Dec 2011 20:17

Bah. g

Merry Jesustown Birthday World owowowowo
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Navron » 24 Dec 2011 20:21

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We may have gotten a bit stressed the end of this year, but let's start the new year off on a good note.

Let's sell tons of copies of the charity albumbs!
Let's not let the trolls get to us!
Let's all find the inspiration for many great new songs!

I look forward to the new year already :)
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Senator Myth » 24 Dec 2011 21:10

bartekko wrote:Related.
I had a idea yesterday, after receiving all the love.

Why do we have to make a single member appreciation day?

I want to make 2012 Everypony appreciation day. Let's be kind to each other, and everything will solve itself. Laugh off trolls, consider it's in good fun, /me hug everyone everytime talking on skype. The hugging Is something more than just a expression that became a meaningless "g". a worded hug is a salute to the person hugged. Seriously, whenever someone goes "/me hugs x", we know that we are friends and bronies and people, even when we only talk in words.

So, yeah, pay attention to meaning of Love and tolerate, treat others like you want to be treated and merry christmas.
S.S.D.D.

...Goddammit Bartekko, you are a beautiful man.

But yeah I was actually intending to make "X Appreciation Day" into a relatively regular thing, maybe once every too weeks or so, not necessarily on a specific schedule. Just when I think a certain member's in need of some serious love.

ON TOPIC

Merry Christmas, everypony. I imagine a lot of us aren't Christian or even religious, and neither am I... But it's still pretty cool to have a holiday to celebrate to remind us to take care of one another and generally be better people.

Even though I'm not a Christian... Well, hell, if Christmas isn't an acceptable time to quote scripture, then I don't know what else is! I'm going to leave you with some I think is especially wise for anyone, regardless of religious affiliation or involvment:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

...And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love."

--1 Corinthians 13

Just one other. I think the one I have is the only version that renders this verse in this same way, but it's beautiful and simple:

"Through love, become slaves to one another."

--Galatians 5:13
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Circuitfry » 24 Dec 2011 21:24

MEMBER OF THE WEEK SOUNDS PRETTY GR8
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 25 Dec 2011 01:47

And while we're at this I wanna take the moment to say something. A lot of drama has been going on lately. I may not lurk on chats for a while but seeing some records on the forum tingles my concern.

You guys are awesome.
MLR helped me find new friends, people who really appreciates what I'm doing and good support exactly when my real life wasn't pretty. And I couldn't be more grateful than that. To new members; you can always welcome here. And to old ones, I'm glad I have you all here.

Happy Bartekko appreciation day (yes, this might be on the wrong topic but hey), and Myth, you're one of the best members I knew.

And thank you all for the hard work for the Charity Album. Thank you for judges and organizers for their integrity and the members who submit beautiful entries. WE SHALL MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Thank you, Makkon for being such a patient mod while we cost so much trouble to you.

Mostly, thank you all. I may not name you here specifically but you have this sincere grateful from me.

I also don't celebrate Christmas, I'm not Christian. In fact, I know some people who share beliefs with me are extremists who refuse to tolerate other people's belief while it is clear that our holy book tells us to tolerate each other's beliefs. Which is sad for me because friends could be anyone, regardless of race, religion, physical attributes, etc. etc.

To know diversity makes you respect what other people are.

If I could bake a cake to you guys, I really would. It's my habit to bake sweets for friends and family.
So instead, here's a Pinkie card:

tl;dr: I LOVE YOU GUYS AND KEEP BEING AWESOME
And I'm sorry everypony.
Last edited by MiuMiuChuu on 25 Dec 2011 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby randomblockfilms » 25 Dec 2011 07:21

dawwww happeh holidays every one!! :D
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
randomblockfilms

Primary: Ableton 8

Postby InC » 25 Dec 2011 11:34

MiuMiuChuu wrote:You guys are awesome.

This.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, you guys rock !
InC

Postby Lethaargic » 25 Dec 2011 15:11

Much love everyone
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Postby Biff0r » 25 Dec 2011 18:06

Glad I registered :) Merry Christmas everyone!
Biff0r

Return to Off-Topic Discussion