What's Your Irrational Fear/Hate?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: What's Your Irrational Fear/Hate?

Postby Nine Volt » 28 Jun 2013 17:35

Centipedes/millipedes.
Disgusting things
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Jun 2013 22:22

when people on facebook post these melodramatic stupid things:

Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Motivfs » 29 Jun 2013 01:13

Oh? We're doing facebook huh? Lets see. I hate everyone who posts constant inspiration quotes and shit. I don't care if people post them once or twice in a blue moon, but people who post them like 5 - 10 times a day really need to get a grip on life. How much inspiration do you need? Really? You're talking about getting shit done but your posting on FB. Ok.

Same goes for people sharing that drivel too, especially the love and relationship quotes.. https://www.facebook.com/inspirations.and.innovations

And FB hashtaggers, even more now because it's a thing.
Motivfs

Postby Facade » 29 Jun 2013 01:47

Nine Volt wrote:Centipedes/millipedes.
Disgusting things

i know where you sleep :3

then again i hate these things too so dont expect anything xD
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Mr.Afrox » 29 Jun 2013 08:24

XD
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04

Postby MrBronyPlan » 29 Jun 2013 09:42

Eating some stuffed thing whatever it may be, and the stuff comes out the other side. oO
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Potato

Postby Mr.Afrox » 29 Jun 2013 11:19

oh my yeah same ew :3
Mr.Afrox

Postby Conchetupony » 29 Jun 2013 15:51

MrBronyPlan wrote:Eating some stuffed thing whatever it may be, and the stuff comes out the other side. oO

ikr
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby caprixsnare » 29 Jun 2013 18:19

I hate upgrading my desktop computer it is to the moon annoying to look at all those frickken wires and don't forget about all the parts that I don't need but added anyway (like two extra led case fans and a purple led lights).

:(

:(
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby SpmSL » 29 Jun 2013 19:50

Spiders have no place in reality. I don't care what size they are, they are the fucking embodiment of the term "Monster." Hairy, 8 legs, 8 eyes, exoskeleton, fangs, webs, leaving their prey for days sometimes before they finally eat it.

Fuck spiders.
SpmSL

Postby Nine Volt » 29 Jun 2013 19:57

SpmSL wrote:Spiders have no place in reality. I don't care what size they are, they are the fucking embodiment of the term "Monster." Hairy, 8 legs, 8 eyes, exoskeleton, fangs, webs, leaving their prey for days sometimes before they finally eat it.

Fuck spiders.

Spiders also eat other, more horrifying insects like centipedes, mosquitoes, and (nonhorrible) flies. Trade off, I suppose. Though I don't have arachnophobia, so I might not comprehend the sheer wrongness of them.
Nine Volt

Postby caprixsnare » 29 Jun 2013 22:04

MrBronyPlan wrote:Eating some stuffed thing whatever it may be, and the stuff comes out the other side. oO

like this?
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby AutomaticJack » 30 Jun 2013 06:02

I am afraid of Spiders who successfully launch sneak attacks upon my shit... if I see them approaching, however, they ain't so bad...

My personal HATE is extreme hero worship... when someone demeans their own abilities in a slobbery "I'll never be as good as, so I would lick the buttcrack of" kind of way, and ESPECIALLY when they come to me expecting ME to be just as slobbery and worshipful... i.e. "OMG New TOMBSTONE TRACK!!"... The FUCK Do I care? I MAKE music, I don't jizz on it!!" =P

And yes, this HAS happened before. It's an insult to yourself, and an insult to whoever else you say it to.
Pride can be wounded. Swagger is INVINCIBLE..
[The Factory] -- [The Showroom] -- [The Catalog]
DAW: FL Studio 11, Adobe Audition 1.5
Current Project: Too many to name!!! =P
AutomaticJack

Cutie Mark: Master of all things Rhythmic

Postby itroitnyah » 30 Jun 2013 07:37

I also hate internet conformists. You know, the people who agree with the internet or do as the internet does simply because it's popular on the internet. For example, these people will do everything they can to insult justin beiber just because the rest of the internet does, they'll praise the classics like Queen and Pink Floyd just because the internet does, they'll hate girls who do the duck face simply because the internet does, they'll overuse memes in real life simply because they're popular on the internet. You get the idea. I had an acquaintance who I will refrain from calling friend, and he was waaaay and internet conformist. Every other sentence would reference a meme of some sort, and any time something the internet hates was brought up, he'd turn into raging ape-man and tell everybody how awful the subject is and how the subject should go kill itself. It was by far the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with for the 45 minutes I had to deal with it each day.
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 30 Jun 2013 07:49

To be fair, Pink Floyd and Queen are both phenomenal. I've never seen any undue praise towards them on the internet.

But yeah, I have to agree that people like that are pretty annoying. A meme reference every once in a while is fine, but if you overdo it then... I don't know what you are. Not a good person, I guess.

Another thing I hate is people who blindly hate on others, most often musical artists or actors. For example, I dislike Justin Beiber, but that's because I've actually listened to his music and decided it wasn't to my tastes. I'm fine with people disliking stuff, but when they haven't even heard it it pisses me off. I base my judgments off of whether or not I enjoy their songs, not whether or not they have a large hatedom/fandumb.
Nine Volt

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 30 Jun 2013 08:19

I have friends who're hardcore PC Gamers and they always ask me about my computer specs. I don't care much for computer specs past the answer to "Will it do what I want it to effectively?", so it bothers the shit outta me when people hassle me to tell them.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 30 Jun 2013 08:36

I'll do a couple more.

I hate leaving the tap/shower/whatever dripping so much that at times I go back and check it...5 times...growing up with level 5 water restrictions (that means 4 minute showers, bucket washing cars/watering gardens etc) and the local dams being at less than 10% capacity kinda make you hate wasting water.

Also I have a fear of being alone. Not in the romantic sense, but in a literal one. Being alone for any longer than 2 days makes me get really paranoid. Luckily that can be remedied with going out and seeing a friend or something. When I mention that I've been to a friend's place that's usually after I've been feeling too isolated. So I feel like sharing with ya'll :3
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Mr.Afrox » 30 Jun 2013 08:39

spidahs are like fuck that im eating it :3
Mr.Afrox

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 30 Jun 2013 23:47

Oh, I can't stand the feeling of raw meat. I have to wear rubber gloves when I'm cooking meat :I

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby itroitnyah » 01 Jul 2013 18:45

You know what drives me absolutely bonkers? The "indepent, strong, young and wild" type of songs. Katy Perry has a bunch of those. I can't stand her music because of it.
itroitnyah

Postby Navron » 01 Jul 2013 23:38

I have no idea why, and it's rather ironic (being a military rescue swimmer and all), but I have a fear of water. Not just any water though. Regular water is fine in my books, even if it's swimming in the ocean in 3000+ft deep water.

No, I have a fear of dark, shallow water. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's the fear of stepping on something I can't see, but I've had many nightmares that end with me getting stuck wading through waist deep water, stepping on slimy things, seaweed, bumping into jellyfish, etc.

As for an irrational hate? I can't stand people that can't seem to grasp common sense. In my line of work, a lack of common sense can get somebody killed, so when somebody does something that makes me go, "F***ing really?" it sets me over the edge.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby topitmunkeydog » 02 Jul 2013 02:30

my biggest fear is AUTOMatic

TOILETS
!!!
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby ghelded_kultz » 02 Jul 2013 07:37

Fears: Spiders and Cassowaries.

Hate: People who don't know what they are talking about but think they know what is best anyway. And people who disagree with me. And people on the internet. People really.
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 08 Jul 2013 03:45

I have a fear of people touching my ribs, the nerves there are very sensitive. Part of the reason me and my dad have a crappy relationship is that my dad "playfully" jabbed me in the ribs pretty much whenever I was around him. By the end of a day I'd be short tempered and very jumpy, which should have been a pretty dead giveaway in my opinion; Especially since I explicitly asked him to stop multiple times. I still flinch when people have their hands anywhere near my ribs, and likely always will.

In the off chance that I ever meet any of you in real life, I will hate you forever if you jab my ribs.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby MrBronyPlan » 08 Jul 2013 08:53

This guy stealing my name irritates me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KnifePonyy/about

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd9s_5TPQN0 << Says my name that isn't MrBronyPlan.
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Potato

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion