--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread F

Postby MrBronyPlan » 16 Aug 2013 18:01

jsburgh wrote:ocelots

Ocelots are good for getting rid of Creepers.
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Potato

Postby The L-Train » 17 Aug 2013 21:03

Hi everyone!

I am The L-Train, and I'm a multi-instrumentalist, composer, producer and metalhead from Australia! I mostly do metal and orchestral stuff.

You can find my music on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLTrain9000
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the-l-train-9000
and Equestrian Beats https://eqbeats.org/user/1305

I'm actually working on a fairly ambitious project at the moment, I'm looking for a bunch of vocalists and someone directed me here, so I thought I'd register and see what all the fuss is about here :grin:
Composer, multi-instrumentalist, occasional singer and metalhead - Youtube - Soundcloud - Equestrian Beats
The L-Train

Primary: Pro Tools
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby Jokeblue » 17 Aug 2013 22:56

Dude, I loved your cover of Discord. I kept telling myself I'd get around to checking out your music but I never did. Don't know why not, but I guess nows a good chance.

And you're Australian? Fantastic!

Ok, Let's see. You could try making a thread asking for vocalists/colaboraters/whatever in the "Pony Fan Project Recruitment" section viewforum.php?f=35
There's the "Looking for a vocalist thread", you could try find someone from the list there http://www.mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4773

I'm sure you'll be able to find some vocalists around :3
There should be plenty of people willing to help you out. Hope to see you around! :D
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby The L-Train » 18 Aug 2013 01:01

Thanks! Yeah, Camsy actually pointed me at his "Looking for a vocalist thread" from the Bronies Australia forums, which is how I'm here :smile: I'll definitely put up something in the project recruitment forum too.
Composer, multi-instrumentalist, occasional singer and metalhead - Youtube - Soundcloud - Equestrian Beats
The L-Train

Primary: Pro Tools
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby ExoBassTix » 18 Aug 2013 04:29

Kyoga wrote:please try and reduce the spam here. A lot of you are getting way off topic. =/

Most of it is kind of part of the introduction innit?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Katskratch » 19 Aug 2013 11:30

Hey folks. Long time lurker who finally decided to make an account because of the new Remix War. This forum's actually been with me through my own process of learning music and composition, and it's been about a good half year since I started. I'm still not that good, in my opinion, but I figured it was about time I started putting stuff out there, and where better to start than with the community that inspired me to take up the DAW in the first place? I don't really produce in a specific genre yet, but my favorite genre to listen to is electro house/complextro, so I figure I'll probably end up producing tracks primarily in that genre. Anyways, hope to have a good time here!
Katskratch

Primary: A DAW
Cutie Mark: Electro House

Postby ExoBassTix » 19 Aug 2013 12:26

Hey Katz, welcome on MyLittleRemix, the board for bronies with a fiery passion for music :)
Don't be afraid to ask questions, most of us don't bite. Be sure to post in the right place though ;)

Enjoy your stay ^_^
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby PonyAezis » 22 Aug 2013 00:30

Hey, i'm Aezis, a new brony producer whose love for music is indefinable. I love listening to music, so I decided to give it a go.

I only started playing around with the production of music for 2 months now, I still have just about no idea what i'm doing, however I the know the basics, and I know how to make a song flow fairly well, without it sounding too cheesy.

I'm 17, and a senior in high school, and I will be enlisting in either the USMC or USAF soon (still haven't decided). I currently produce Trance (Hands up), House, and Classical, but I love working with different genres, I don't want to do anything radical, but I do like slowly moving from sub-genre to sub-genre (except for dubstep, that's a no go, I cannot stand it). I try to put out 1 or 2 songs a week, I want to always be putting out, without rushing anything.

Also, I LOVE collabs, if you want to collab with me, go ahead and PM me, I'm willing to work with any genre, so don't be hesitant to ask.

My main goal for music is to maybe get invited to have a chance to perform at Ponystock at Everfree NW 2014, I live in the same city it's hosted in, so it'd be a blast. So, hopefully by January, I will be able to produce high-quality music that would be get me that chance. I love EDM concerts, it's my all time favorite thing to do, and performing a set would be amazing, so i'm trying to work extremely hard to improve my music.

My Music is here, if anyone wants to listen to it: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC20zRDpULamKHx4Yp0jssPw/videos[/youtube]
PonyAezis

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 Aug 2013 01:29

Aezis dude here wrote:I currently produce Trance (Hands up), House, and Classical, but I love working with different genres, I don't want to do anything radical, but I do like slowly moving from sub-genre to sub-genre (except for dubstep, that's a no go, I cannot stand it).

Wow, that sounds exactly like me a few weeks ago xD
I assume you mean Modern Dubstep :P

Well, nice to meet you :) welcome to the MyLittleRemix community.
Enjoy your stay ;)

PS: I'll PM you, I might want to collab on a Hands Up track.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby SpaceBrain » 25 Aug 2013 12:29

Hey, I'm SpaceBrain.
I'm 16 and I live in France.

I've been making music for a few years now. I started with Ableton Live and a some VSTs. I still use Ableton but I expanded my plug-ins list and I also use some hardware equipment.
I never released something but I really want to release something or make music with someone.
I listen a lot of music from the 70s or the 80s but I also listen more recents things like Alan Braxe, Cassius, Daft Punk, Phoenix, Breakbot, Boys Noize... In fact, I'm opened to any genre of music.

I think it's all. Just pardon me if I made some mistakes but english is not my native language.
SpaceBrain

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: 909

Postby TWILICORN » 25 Aug 2013 13:48

SpaceBrain wrote:Just pardon me if I made some mistakes but english is not my native language.

Your English is fine, welcome to MLR SpaceBrain!
I release horrific mash-ups on a year-by-year basis

Soundcloud | Tweeter Ramblings | Wolfpuncher
TWILICORN

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: ♛PRINCESS♛

Postby FLAOFEI » 25 Aug 2013 14:51

Well come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick question to Aezis...
PonyAezis wrote:I know how to make a song flow fairly well, without it sounding too cheesy.

How is that a good thing? :I
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Aug 2013 02:47

Hey Spacey B, welcome on board :)
You'll surely find what you need here on MLR ;)

@Flaffie, well, some people don't like music that just mocks at about everything *cough* not at all directed at R&V *cough*

^ε^
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby TristanDreamWeaver » 26 Aug 2013 09:44

Hey guys, some may already know me here through skype as Kurt or Tristan. Either is fine :3

Glad to be here to socialize with new people and musicians alike due to complications involving groups on skype lel. Music is more of a side thing for me, because I'm really new to the concept of music/not good/etc but am trying to make it a more permanent thing. Also VFilly brought me here, and I may/may not know some of you by name too :P So go thank her for my glorious run-in with MLR. I hope we have many adventures and stuff.

-Fanfic writer
-Musician of the bad level
-Discussionist

That is all :3
TristanDreamWeaver

Primary: FL Studio (no go pro)
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Viricide Filly » 26 Aug 2013 09:46

Go away nobody likes you.

Lel only kidding. Didn't you already try and make an account here? Oh wells anyway hi. Also, the character minimum rules all. It is an even crueler dictator than Cirbama.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Jesse Uppercut » 27 Aug 2013 14:42

What's up fellow Musicians and MLP Enthusiasts! My name is Jesse and I've dropped in on these forums a few times over the past for inspiration, reference and all forms of pony music! I finally registered an account and will more than likely be spending a majority of my time in the Music Production Discussion threads but like any other online community, I look forward to participating and contributing!
Jesse Uppercut

Primary: Ableton Live
Cutie Mark: Headphones

Postby MrBronyPlan » 28 Aug 2013 10:15

Jesse Uppercut wrote:What's up fellow Musicians and MLP Enthusiasts! My name is Jesse and I've dropped in on these forums a few times over the past for inspiration, reference and all forms of pony music! I finally registered an account and will more than likely be spending a majority of my time in the Music Production Discussion threads but like any other online community, I look forward to participating and contributing!

Welcome, nobody here likes MLP so keep it to yourself. (i'm bad at welcoming people. get on my level)
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Potato

Postby Conchetupony » 28 Aug 2013 20:41

Jesse Uppercut wrote:What's up fellow Musicians and MLP Enthusiasts! My name is Jesse and I've dropped in on these forums a few times over the past for inspiration, reference and all forms of pony music! I finally registered an account and will more than likely be spending a majority of my time in the Music Production Discussion threads but like any other online community, I look forward to participating and contributing!

Welcome c: You'll love the community here I'm sure

Viricide Filly wrote:Also, the character minimum rules all. It is an even crueler dictator than Cirbama.

+mucho
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby silvermoon » 29 Aug 2013 07:20

Hello people! :)

i'm Andrea and i'm 18 years old, ive been lurking a bit on this forum lately and ive found alot of helpful stuff and it seems like a really nice community so i decided to sign up! I love making music all day and night i'm truly passionated about it, i mostly like making ambient/emotional R&B inspired music, right now i'm making music with my project "Kid Cashmere" and i use Ableton. Ive posted one song so far which is a remix of frank ocean - we all try and ive also made a mixtape for Spiked Clothing so you can check that out here if you want!:) http://soundcloud.com/kidcashmere
Other than that i like watching TV Shows, Anime, food and playing Video Games ^^

Looking forward to spending some time here! <3
silvermoon

Primary: Ableton

Postby Conduit » 29 Aug 2013 15:57

Welcome to the forum!
If you ever need help with anything specific check out the tutors thread.
A lot of people here hang out on skype, so feel free to add us.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby silvermoon » 29 Aug 2013 16:13

Conduit wrote:Welcome to the forum!
If you ever need help with anything specific check out the tutors thread.
A lot of people here hang out on skype, so feel free to add us.

Will do, thanks you! :)
silvermoon

Primary: Ableton

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 Aug 2013 12:09

I've missed a few people here, so have a collective greeting from the local psycho :)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby PropellerEscape » 30 Aug 2013 15:57

I always say I'll introduce the new folks, and then I don't.
So, to the masses who I've not greeted, HAI c:
DAW - FL Studio 11

Main VSTs - Harmor, Harmless, Massive, Sytrus and FM8

My Main SoundCloud
My Experimental Soundcloud

Add me on Skype - PropellerEscapeMusic
PropellerEscape

Primary: Flel Studio 11.
Cutie Mark: Synth of Lel

Postby AgentsofDiscord » 02 Sep 2013 19:06

I was bad and posted a song for review before posting here. The layout is a bit disorienting as far as a forum goes. (i have admin'd (not moderated) a few before). A little restructuring could be done, but it isn't up to me...

Anywho, I am Agents of Discord or Agents for short. I have been working with music arrangement for 8+ years, and sparing you the time line, I now work with FL Studio 11 making various genres of music. (i have ableton live 8 too, i just don't use it).

My brony related music has, so far, been Breakbeat/breaks related. But i am going to start experimenting with other heavy bass music (not brostep/complextro).

While i have not scanned the forums yet, my general experience with brony made music has created a desire to give bronies music they never hear, while inspiring others to put power behind their music.

Despite my enjoyment of TLT, Glaze/Woodentoaster, and DJ Pon-3 (occasionally), I feel they are stagnating musically. Not from lack of talent or inspiration, but rather their songs lack of power and energy. (living tombstone is brony pop music to me. there i said it.)

I don't consider myself more talented or educated. In fact, i have only recently begun to research music theory. (started self teaching in june-2013). I still have alot to learn, but i feel like i have alot to show people, at least as far as what can be done to a crowd with the right music...

>.> i feel like i just threw out alot of big talk for an introduction post...

About me: I am probably one of the most open minded people in the world. I live under the mentality that you never really know anything unless you learn something. which is why i feel that my music is being held back by my lack of knowledge in mixing and being able to know what key a pattern or melody is in.

If I offend anyone, just tell me, I hate offending people. I will go out of my way to apologize if i believe I was arrogant or harsh.

long post is long. imma stop here...
AgentsofDiscord

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Breakbeat

Postby Dawnfire » 04 Sep 2013 14:09

Gah, why didn't I find this thread earlier? I looked, just maybe not hard enough.

Anyway, I'm here now so hi!

As you might expect of a post here, I'm starting out as a musician. Ok, so I started several months ago and was lazy about joining you guys on here. But I'm here now! Either way, I'm new at this and could probably use all the help I could get.

Music is more of a hobby for me (doesn't mean I don't want to get as good as I can with it), and I tend to play around with all kinds of projects. In particular I am studying computer science and have an interest in video games.

Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave it at that. I am on skype a lot, so if there's a group on there (or even an irc, really, I just like to hang out) I'll join it!
Dawnfire

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion