Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 05 Oct 2015 11:57

Im getting excited for the Running of the Leaves Con coming up in about a month. This will be my first mlp convention that I will go to. (Finally)
Kind of not 100% sure what to expect exactly since I'm not going with any friends (since I don't really have local brony friends.) I've been to massive big things before (Like Thescon in Denver for thespians (and those people are generally weird and quirky (Like me)))
But I'm hoping that it'll be really cool.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby FLAOFEI » 05 Oct 2015 13:19

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Kind of not 100% sure what to expect exactly since I'm not going with any friends (since I don't really have local brony friends.)

In the eternal words of fatboy slim:
Eat, sleep, rave, repeat

And the first two are optional.

Anyway. On a slightly more serious note, making friends is pretty much the easiest thing ever at cons. Sure, they might not last longer than the con itself, but meh. You're sure to get to know someone.
Or you can just go to pannels and buy stuff. That's good fun to.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Oct 2015 08:35

Im not looking to make new friends so much. Just mostly going to be going to panels and then buying cool stuff. Idk but I really want to bring a friend. Even if they're not a brony. Just want someone to go with kind of.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 07 Oct 2015 12:24

*holds a "bring me" sign* BRING ME!!!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Oct 2015 16:05

You gotta be close-ish enough if you actually wanted that to happen.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 08 Oct 2015 13:32

*moves closer* Bruh! BRING ME, DAMMIT!
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Oct 2015 14:11

Ricky Denzel wrote:*moves closer* Bruh! BRING ME, DAMMIT!

Putting a couple of *s around something doesn't mean you actually did it.
Legit, if an mlr member was within like 20 miles or so from me, I'd so be down to take them. (Unless I actually have no idea who it is.)
Hey freeware, I don't think you ever answered my really old question: are you going to the con this year?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 08 Oct 2015 18:33

Definitely. Should be performing hopefully early saturday night! My third year.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Oct 2015 09:28

Freewave wrote:Definitely. Should be performing hopefully early saturday night! My third year.

Finally we could meet up irl.

Also, good luck with the performance! I signed up, but they never responded to me. ;_;
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 09 Oct 2015 09:38

I know how you feel Noah. They never respond to me. When they do, they say that my stuff isn't appropriate for the con. I don't see why.

Maybe because when I was Metrix or Lunar Beatz I kept saying "Fuck Celestia"
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Oct 2015 22:01

Ricky Denzel wrote:I know how you feel Noah. They never respond to me. When they do, they say that my stuff isn't appropriate for the con. I don't see why.

Yea. Pretty sure that's the kind of material that they may turn down.

I just think they saw that there are more qualified people that may have signed up
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 10 Oct 2015 18:27

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Ricky Denzel wrote:I know how you feel Noah. They never respond to me. When they do, they say that my stuff isn't appropriate for the con. I don't see why.

I just think they saw that there are more qualified people that may have signed up

They flew in a lot more people this time around too. They Black Gryph0n, Jeff Burgess, Cyril, Aviators, and Seventh Element this time around.
Freewave

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 Oct 2015 20:34

Freewave wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:

They flew in a lot more people this time around too. They Black Gryph0n, Jeff Burgess, Cyril, Aviators, and Seventh Element this time around.

That's really neat. I hope it all goes well.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 11 Oct 2015 14:42

I had an awesome, and probably horrible idea the other day. It goes something like this:
1. Buy a buss
2. Pimp out dat buss for awesome pony parties!
3. Tour around europe and host brony parties, attend international meetups and go to cons and stuff!

Funds would come from (hopefully) croudfunding, and also have some entrance fee for the parties once the show gets on the road... Or selling booze in the buss bar :P But then you probably need a permit... Or find some nice loopholes >:)

The pimping out would be usefull stuff, like a serious PA system, smoke machine, hidden konfetti canons, plushies!, brony artwork, maybe a stage on the roof... for concerts... when parked, pony paintjob, lasers, strobes, flashy lights, projectors/big TVs to watch the ponies, and (perhaps most importantly) a bar!
Also practical stuff, like a sound proof wall between driver and passengers, so you can party att 90km/h without smoke or loud noises in the drivers seat. And tinted windows so you don't get anyone complaining about non-seatbelt-wearers.

If I did set out doing this I'd pretty much be guarantied to lose money on it though... And if it gets bad I could lose big... So likley not happening... But hey. Ya never know. I might get a few friends together with nothing better to do :)

I also have a feeling I'd get a reputation in the fandom... Cause the buss would probably look like crap after a few parties :P

Ps:
4. Get Lauren Faust, Daniel Ingram, Ashlie Ball, Tara Strong and all those people on the buss!
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Acsii » 12 Oct 2015 05:38

Has anyone been playing the Star Wars Battlefront Beta? because it's super awesome and fun, and I've only been playing it for less than an hour.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Jokeblue » 12 Oct 2015 07:05

what platform you playing on? I have it on xbone and its so good
Last edited by Jokeblue on 12 Oct 2015 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Ricky Denzel » 12 Oct 2015 07:05

I can't wrap my heard around the fact that Aviators is still alive.
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Oct 2015 09:05

Acsii wrote:Has anyone been playing the Star Wars Battlefront Beta? because it's super awesome and fun, and I've only been playing it for less than an hour.

Yasss! I was really bad at it at first because it's more like battle field and I'm really used to playing cod.
But eventually I got the hang out it and I was getting top of the leaderboard for the pods game. I'm still really bad at the battle on Hoth. But I'm never good at large scale open battle fields. I like smaller maps. Which is why the pods one is great for me!
I was pretty uneasy about if I wanted to get this game or not. But the beta has convinced me I think I might. (I also played the exact same game mode and map for probably about 5 hours. I actually enjoyed it a lot.)
One thing I really like was the regenerating sniper rifle. It's for accurate shots, not spamming the trigger (like in cod) and so you either have to be lucky or skilled to use it. And it's really satisfying to get one shot kills with it. Because typically it does 90% damage and I have to finish them off with my other gun. But headshot a go for the kill.

I also like using the shield and jetpack combo for capturing pods. I shield-up and capture the pod. Then I blast off really quickly after to get away and then snipe the people I saw near me.
I like this game. 8/10
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 12 Oct 2015 11:10

Ricky Denzel wrote:I can't wrap my heard around the fact that Aviators is still alive.

Actually just heard he dropped out of rotlcon. Alas. :umm:
Freewave

Postby Ricky Denzel » 12 Oct 2015 11:43

Ah, I see. Anyways, I'm working on a track for next week called "Fargo" and I was wondering if I put it up as a free single or a .99 cent single. Need suggestions
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Oct 2015 15:54

Ricky Denzel wrote:Ah, I see. Anyways, I'm working on a track for next week called "Fargo" and I was wondering if I put it up as a free single or a .99 cent single. Need suggestions

It depends. Do you think is good enough to be sold?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 13 Oct 2015 10:27

Personally, I think the .99 cent thing is overused... Sure, it's psychology, and you see it as Less that a dolar... But once you know that, it just looks like the seller is trying to manipulate you.

So I say go for a full dollar. It'll probably hurt more than it helps in the long run... But you won't be manipulating people to think it's cheaper than it is.

Also, nobody like my idea with a brony buss? :( I thought I'd atleast get a "lol"
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Ricky Denzel » 13 Oct 2015 10:45

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Ricky Denzel wrote:Ah, I see. Anyways, I'm working on a track for next week called "Fargo" and I was wondering if I put it up as a free single or a .99 cent single. Need suggestions

It depends. Do you think is good enough to be sold?

It is good enough
FLAOFEI wrote:Personally, I think the .99 cent thing is overused... Sure, it's psychology, and you see it as Less that a dolar... But once you know that, it just looks like the seller is trying to manipulate you.

So I say go for a full dollar. It'll probably hurt more than it helps in the long run... But you won't be manipulating people to think it's cheaper than it is.

Also, nobody like my idea with a brony buss? :( I thought I'd atleast get a "lol"

Thanks bud, and I like your idea. Let me DJ and hit 'em with the 808's son!
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Oct 2015 10:50

FLAOFEI wrote:I had an awesome, and probably horrible idea the other day. It goes something like this:
1. Buy a buss
2. Pimp out dat buss for awesome pony parties!
3. Tour around europe and host brony parties, attend international meetups and go to cons and stuff!

Funds would come from (hopefully) croudfunding, and also have some entrance fee for the parties once the show gets on the road... Or selling booze in the buss bar :P But then you probably need a permit... Or find some nice loopholes >:)

The pimping out would be usefull stuff, like a serious PA system, smoke machine, hidden konfetti canons, plushies!, brony artwork, maybe a stage on the roof... for concerts... when parked, pony paintjob, lasers, strobes, flashy lights, projectors/big TVs to watch the ponies, and (perhaps most importantly) a bar!
Also practical stuff, like a sound proof wall between driver and passengers, so you can party att 90km/h without smoke or loud noises in the drivers seat. And tinted windows so you don't get anyone complaining about non-seatbelt-wearers.

If I did set out doing this I'd pretty much be guarantied to lose money on it though... And if it gets bad I could lose big... So likley not happening... But hey. Ya never know. I might get a few friends together with nothing better to do :)

I also have a feeling I'd get a reputation in the fandom... Cause the buss would probably look like crap after a few parties :P

Ps:
4. Get Lauren Faust, Daniel Ingram, Ashlie Ball, Tara Strong and all those people on the buss!

Lol

I recently learned that I wake up with partial sleep paralysis.
And its actually pretty common. The paralysis from my sleep hasn't worn off completely yet, so if I try to grip my hands really tight, I can't. It's pretty cool to think about.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 15 Oct 2015 22:34

when you record something so well you're now sitting in your mix session, like "well I don't need to do much at all" and there's still 2.5 hours to go.

20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion