Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion Thread

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 May 2015 05:10

ph00tbag wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:Love you guys <3

I should ban you for this.

You know you won't <3

Nah but seriously, being happy is fun. Sometimes it's everything one needs, and nothing more.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Jokeblue » 24 May 2015 07:44

eery wrote:I really like how this thread is a happy circlejerk for the most part.

well could you imagine an angry circle jerk far out someone would get their dick ripped off
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby eery » 24 May 2015 08:13

Jokeblue wrote:
eery wrote:I really like how this thread is a happy circlejerk for the most part.

well could you imagine an angry circle jerk far out someone would get their dick ripped off

Just my point. Nobody wants to see a dick get ripped off.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 May 2015 11:32

I'm only friendly out of necessity. After all I don't want to see dicks getting ripped off.

:P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Facade » 24 May 2015 12:52

ExoBassTix wrote:After all I don't want to see dicks getting ripped off.

i dont think any one wants to see that
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 May 2015 13:43

Implying the human mind is advanced enough to bestow images of dicks getting ripped off on people through reading text.

That's intense.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 24 May 2015 22:09

I go to sleep and you guys start talking about ripping dicks off... the fuck guys the fuck
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ph00tbag » 24 May 2015 23:29

Acsii wrote:I go to sleep and you guys start talking about ripping dicks off... the fuck guys the fuck

Ripped the words right out of my mouth.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 May 2015 04:48

Apparently we are advanced enough to Abby :3
Glad to have been of service. Have a good day!

Today I'm gonna go experiment with making a plan for a track of mine before I start making it. Maybe there's something to it.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 25 May 2015 09:26

ExoBassTix wrote:Today I'm gonna go experiment with making a plan for a track of mine before I start making it. Maybe there's something to it.

Definitely is, I've manage to create a whole album in pretty much 2.5 weeks :wink:
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 May 2015 16:46

Well okay so I partly did and partly didn't do just that.
The first part of my day was really shitty, felt all down and worthless and shit. Then suddenly, after family left to go home after staying here for a few days (including grandpa who might never come here again cuz cancer is taking its toll), I got in a spur-of-the-moment state of flow and started working on a new track, which is now finished. A very oldschool lo-fi Breakbeat track, in a 6/4 time signature. Of course including rave stabs, hoovers and our best friend the Amen break. And I gotta say, it's one of my best productions ever.

Even though the track is about what my morning was about (or at least, what I felt horrible about). Gonna make an album for this.

If you wanna hear, do tell me :3 I don't wanna put it out in public because I got somewhat great plans for this, or at least wanna give myself room to make them at a later point.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 May 2015 23:37

ExoBassTix wrote:Well okay so I partly did and partly didn't do just that.
The first part of my day was really shitty, felt all down and worthless and shit. Then suddenly, after family left to go home after staying here for a few days (including grandpa who might never come here again cuz cancer is taking its toll), I got in a spur-of-the-moment state of flow and started working on a new track, which is now finished. A very oldschool lo-fi Breakbeat track, in a 6/4 time signature. Of course including rave stabs, hoovers and our best friend the Amen break. And I gotta say, it's one of my best productions ever.

Even though the track is about what my morning was about (or at least, what I felt horrible about). Gonna make an album for this.

If you wanna hear, do tell me :3 I don't wanna put it out in public because I got somewhat great plans for this, or at least wanna give myself room to make them at a later point.

Yo pm me
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Fl Brony » 27 May 2015 03:01

I haven't been on here as much as I should be lately and since I missed it already
luv u memes <3
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 May 2015 23:26

So I've been reading an online comic from deviant art and it's basically a Pokemon fanficwtype of comic that takes place in the mystery dungeon universe.
I have really been enjoying this comic. It's actually quite a good read considering its fan-made. Plus, also extra props for the quality that it has because the artists use ms paint to make this comic. There is a surprising amount of detail.
If anyone is interested in fan-boying with me, it's called
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Victory Fire by sulfurbunny

I remember that I first played one of the mystery dungeon games on the ds and it was the first game that made me tear up. It had a really impressive story line considering its a mobile kind of game.
I just started playing one of the gba mystery dungeon games today and I'm not quite as impressed with the story yet. It really seems they stepped up their game when they developed on DS. Maybe if there is a 3ds game, I'll actually get a 3ds to play it.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 May 2015 23:41

Mystery Dungeon is easily my favorite type of Pokémon, with Ranger coming somewhere below it as a second. It just has everything: good gameplay, amazingly thought out story, humor, (the magic of friendship I mean come on), and the best fucking music, by golly. And I'm talking especially Explorers Of Time/Darkness/Sky, but Blue Rescue Team too though less as it's way more Gameboy-ish (after all its companion game Red Rescue Team is for GBA). But both good to get the nostalgia running. I'm actually on an Explorers of Sky playthrough myself, and I have a small remake of one of the OST tracks, Surrounded Sea, on my SoundCloud.

Which led me to looking at how modifiable NDS game music is. Well the easy answer to that proved to be no. xD
I mean, Explorers of Sky has music in a format literally near-none other games have, and thus can't be modified yet. So I went on to a random different, older game, and went with Mario Party for shits n gigglez. Extracted the soundbanks and midi sequences that that game (like most others) uses, opened the midi of a particular track in FL Studio and loaded its soundbank and started changing bits and pieces of the midi.

Abd then hell breaks loose because 1) replacing it with original is hell 2) getting the midi file to act right and not fudge up the game is hell.

So to hell with that XD

At least now I have a particular one-shot bass sample from PKMN MD Explorers of Time (which uses same format as most, aka usable) that I've been dying to recreate but never got just right. A bass I hear in a lot of IDM.

Also, does anyone else also no longer receive emails from MLR when you receive a PM? It randomly stopped emailing me and I can't find any settings that state it shouldn't. And the new messages counter isn't exactly ... noticeable.

Oh also also also! There's this gay horse couple living near where I live and it's really cute seeing them hang out together o3o
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 May 2015 06:57

What's a gay horse couple? It is a gay brony couple? Or a gay couple who enjoy actual horses? Or two literal horses that are both male and gay?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 28 May 2015 09:03

Bronies Are Cool wrote:What's a gay horse couple? It is a gay brony couple? Or a gay couple who enjoy actual horses? Or two literal horses that are both male and gay?

All of the above I guess. Situation and all.

On a side note, finally started to actually watch through the series Steven Universe. Used to watch the odd episode here and there when it was still a new show and I always enjoyed it when I watched it then, but now that I'm actually watching trough the series from start to finish it's on a whole different level to what I thought it originally was. There's so much overarching plot and character development and the world is constantly building and growing and it's all turning into this amazing story.

When it was first being aired I always used to see it as like a powerpuff girl-esque type show, but the ads always made Steven out to be an incredibly obnoxious and annoying character. Watching the show instantly dispersed that view. I'm loving it and it's incredibly charming.

10/10 totally my fav cartoon.

Jokeblue

Postby ExoBassTix » 28 May 2015 09:15

Bronies Are Cool wrote:What's a gay horse couple? It is a gay brony couple? Or a gay couple who enjoy actual horses? Or two literal horses that are both male and gay?

The latter xD

Hey Jokeblue, what'd you tell someone, who'd never seen Steven Universe before, what it's about as to convince them to watch it? I don't feel a strong urge to watch it but perhaps you can convince me.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Jokeblue » 28 May 2015 09:52

Ooh, pressures on haha. Well, the basic way of putting would be that it's about a trio of characters named Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst, who are all of an alien race known as 'Gems' (The group refers to themselves as The Crystal Gems), and were initially under the leadership of Rose Quartz, a brilliant and beautiful Gem. The Gem's are beings of amazing, superhuman power, with a wondrous ancient society and technology unlike anything humankind has seen. They now look after, train, and tutor Rose's son, Steven - who is half human and probably the first hybrid species Gem in their races history. However Rose died during childbirth, leaving Steven in the custody of her closest friends, the child imbued with her power.

As such, the show starts with the Gems carrying out their current mission of defeating crystal monsters that seem to be plaguing their home and protecting the neighboring Beach city. It, as the name of the show implies, mostly follows the adventures of Steven, a happy and curious kid enraptured in the extraordinary adventures and next to magical events of the world he was born into, whether it's learning with the Crystal Gems and sharing adventures with them, or making his own fun and adventure with his human friends. Most of the events that take place generally spawn from his involvement with the Gems, and weird things always just tend to happen around him.

It starts generally and pretty typically, but slowly the characters develop more and more is revealed about their world - Who the Gems are, where they came from, what they're doing. The lore deepens with every episode, The characters unravel and fill out, and the world can only ever seem to grow.

It is legitimately funny, with beautiful action sequences, a rich and ever-expanding world and story, and a gorgeous soundtrack. The episodes only seem to get better and better.
Last edited by Jokeblue on 28 May 2015 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jokeblue

Postby ph00tbag » 28 May 2015 18:49

Everything I've seen of Steven Universe suggests that it is legit one of the best cartoons out there right now. I definitely have a desire to watch it at some point.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby JSynth » 28 May 2015 19:38

ph00tbag wrote:Everything I've seen of Steven Universe suggests that it is legit one of the best cartoons out there right now. I definitely have a desire to watch it at some point.

tis a good show recommended/10
Last edited by JSynth on 29 May 2015 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 May 2015 21:51

Jokeblue wrote:Ooh, pressures on haha. Well, the basic way of putting would be that it's about a trio of characters named Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst, who are all of an alien race known as 'Gems' (The group refers to themselves as The Crystal Gems), and were initially under the leadership of Rose Quartz, a brilliant and beautiful Gem. The Gem's are beings of amazing, superhuman power, with a wondrous ancient society and technology unlike anything humankind has seen. They now look after, train, and tutor Rose's son, Steven - who is half human and probably the first hybrid species Gem in their races history. However Rose died during childbirth, leaving Steven in the custody of her closest friends, the child imbued with her power.

As such, the show starts with the Gems carrying out their current mission of defeating crystal monsters that seem to be plaguing their home and protecting the neighboring Beach city. It, as the name of the show implies, mostly follows the adventures of Steven, a happy and curious kid enraptured in the extraordinary adventures and next to magical events of the world he was born into, whether it's learning with the Crystal Gems and sharing adventures with them, or making his own fun and adventure with his human friends. Most of the events that take place generally spawn from his involvement with the Gems, and weird things always just tend to happen around him.

It starts generally and pretty typically, but slowly the characters develop more and more is revealed about their world - Who the Gems are, where they came from, what they're doing. The lore deepens with every episode, The characters unravel and fill out, and the world can only ever seem to grow.

It is legitimately funny, with beautiful action sequences, a rich and ever-expanding world and story, and a gorgeous soundtrack. The episodes only seem to get better and better.

You know how some bronies can go all out and just kind of annoy people about ponies to the point that they never want to see or hear of ponies ever?
Yea
That happened to me about this show
Some kid annoyed the hell out of me for several months to try to convince me to watch this
But all I ever get is annoyed just thinking about it because of the connotation this kid made me have.
Same goes with pretty much everything Nintendo which is unfortunate because I hate feeling annoyed about stuff I used to like. :/
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 29 May 2015 00:14

I don't want to be a repeat of that kid and you're free to watch whatever you want, but I would honestly recommend this show. Let us be like the chilled style fans of MLP who were really cool about it rather than the obsessive... less favorably looked upon kind of bronies.

I reckon this show, like MLP, is worth the praise that the fans throw at it. If you can get past the negativity of your preconceived stance towards the show, then again like MLP, you may actually really enjoy it.

Jokeblue

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 May 2015 06:56

Also. Apparently there was this thing where the female fans of Steven universe absolutely hated the idea of bronies and having a male fan base for that show. Like, they basically attacked bronies and stuff because they were so against having dudes like their show. Their reason was so that it would not turn into an "r34 fest like how Mlp did." As if something like that is preventable.
Anyway, does anyone know what I'm even talking about? What was that even all about? Arent people smart enough to know to not be dicks to eachother?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 29 May 2015 07:18

I haven't heard of anything like that but hey It's the internet it wouldn't surprise me if that's a thing that happened. Can't stop people from enjoying it though.

Jokeblue

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion