Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Thread

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 24 Apr 2015 08:54

There's not a fault in your post. You said something, I gave an honest opinion on what I think the facts are. Just because I disagree doesn't mean your opinion is null and void.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby ph00tbag » 24 Apr 2015 10:49

Opinions are like assholes. We all have them.

And they all stink.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discordshins)

Postby Freewave » 24 Apr 2015 16:02

ph00tbag wrote:Definitely was in Denver on 4/20, and definitely saw a buttload of people toking it up.

Dangit, we could have hung out? Should have let me known. Not that i partook in the festivities,,,

speaking of opinions and a$$h0les what on earth happened in the Takeover thread?
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Jokeblue » 24 Apr 2015 18:18

Freewave wrote:speaking of opinions and a$$h0les what on earth happened in the Takeover thread?

Man I have no idea what's going on anymore with all that junk.

I just wanted to write music for the new BP album.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby eery » 24 Apr 2015 20:07

Essensially, the 3.5 album will go on as usual, and the 4th, the one lavender and silva hound will be managing will come after that.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 Apr 2015 02:12

This may be just me but:
I feel like BP should have been a one hit type of thing. Maybe a two hit with the rainbow one.
But I feel like beyond that, it's just being milked and it's being milked too quickly. If I were in charge of it, each album would be at least 2 years apart. Why?
1. Keeping them far apart would allow for the hype of each album to come and go. There is hype for a short amount of time and then everyone just kind of pushes it to the background. The people will want more eventually but will settle with what they have or search for other outlets. But as far as BP, they get what they get. Then after 2 years, another album comes out. (This is the listener perspective.)
On the musician side, each album would have 1 year of time to plan. 12 months prior is the "notice phase" where everyone who is a musician is notified of the upcoming event and is given some background on what it's about.
9 months prior is when submissions open and they close 2 months prior.
2-1 months prior is when you announce to the artists who made it and who didn't. And then you request changes and finalization a. By this time, the album cover is also selected and a website is erected. Teasers are made and posted around YouTube. Announcements made for release dates etc.
2 weeks prior, all finalized work is turned in. Meaning all works that had been accepted under the condition that a specific part was fixed is fixed and turned in. All work that is turned in will be compiled and an order is made for the album playlist.
1 week prior: upload all songs and enable pre-order and previewing of first three songs. Also have spotlights on brony radio show and talk about the album and the contributors and the whole everything that goes along with the album.
3 days prior: delete ballon party and tell everyone it's all a joke. Go home.
^^ but seriously, 3 days prior is when you send out all the hype mail to places like dad and other news sites for promotional stuff
Release day: stuff is released
1 week post release: community vote on top track of each genre in album
2 week post release: compile a YouTube playlist of pmvs made from the album
4 week post release: a look back, when artists come out and talk about their experience with balloon party, making music, etc. all articles and notes from artists will be compiled onto the BP site.
6 month post release: sell album for only a dollar from now on

Collect all the money earned from the album. Divide it by the amount of artists who opt for payment plus 10. Give them money. The rest of the money and all money earned post 6 months will be collected to give to various brony charities. Why? Because why not?
That's just me. I can handle organized chaos like that.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 25 Apr 2015 02:15

Anyway, my rant I was originally going to go on wasn't going to be that post ^^
I was gonna say something more about how BP should have been done way differently. But what happened already happened so it doesn't even matter. You can't change the post. Only the future.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 25 Apr 2015 09:08

Freewave wrote:Dangit, we could have hung out? Should have let me known. Not that i partook in the festivities,,,

Yeah, I realized, like, that day that it could have been an option. By then it was really too late to organize anything, obvi.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 25 Apr 2015 09:16

Well it's easy to upset with BP when it had a 6 album plan (one each for each of the mane 6) as a representation of the best of pony music to help get musicians to bronycons; and it changes from that simple layout. It was meant to be a series (and pretty much a yearly one), have a community benefit for musicians, and have high quality. But it's gone downhill since the first one (if you liked tha one of course), the recipe has been changed many times, no real schedule or planning, and failed to get the same particpation or fan interest. It's a shame. People really would love it if it could properly be revived.

If changing it means abandoning the 6 album mane 6 focus or not focusing on it as pony music and instead giving generic edm by ppl who occasionally watch the show.... then I and a lot of other pppl are likely not going to be interested. There's a reason why the remaining musicians who still make music in this fandom are upset with the current plans and that's because they're changing everything it's stood for (and are incredibly disorganized again i must add). If the only thing you want from it is quality polished music go visit a record store and buy something off the shelf. I want something from the fandom, by the fandom, and for the fandom and that revolves around mlp. Continuing the mane 6 album arc or having the pony influence be apparent should not bring down the quality of the songs. The fear of getting sued by Hasbro over pony samples is a weak excuse and frankly unwarranted. You take MLP out of the equation and you're wasting everyone's time and doing it a disservice. If the organizers aren't going to listen to that criticism and don't have a solid and smart plan to revive the event it in the intended form then they shouldn't take it over. That includes Clean Sweep which now is rushed thanks to its deadline, going to be inherently weaker if its BP3.5, and is missing the support and quality control needed for a BP revival.

My opinion.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby topitmunkeydog » 25 Apr 2015 12:45

does anyone know if that song by Dj snake "bird machine" uses literal bird calls in it or is it synthesized
because i want to remix like some bird calls
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby ExoBassTix » 25 Apr 2015 17:07

I wonder if we just underestimated the fandom too much that people'd make a drama about something that doesn't matter yet (namely, the album to be after The Clean Sweep).
And I wonder why people keep on calling the album The Takeover. That's not a title, that's just words we used to announce in April Fools fashion that Silva and Lavender joined the team.

Words seem to fail me. Too many things said.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Facade » 25 Apr 2015 17:08

topitmunkeydog wrote:does anyone know if that song by Dj snake "bird machine" uses literal bird calls in it or is it synthesized

not sure but you could probably emulate the sound with some sine waves
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 Apr 2015 17:46

Facade wrote:
topitmunkeydog wrote:does anyone know if that song by Dj snake "bird machine" uses literal bird calls in it or is it synthesized

You could but it'd only sound a little like a bird if you squinted. Bird calls are a little more complicated than pure tones. DJ Snake sampled those bird calls.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby eery » 25 Apr 2015 18:29

how do you squint with your ears thats intense
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby Facade » 25 Apr 2015 18:51

eery wrote:how do you squint with your ears thats intense

i was just thinking that
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 Apr 2015 19:09

Years of practice.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Acsii » 25 Apr 2015 23:21

eery asking the real questions
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Apr 2015 13:57

In the event people will look over it, mind Makkon's important new announcement post about the future of MLR: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10287

Go read up and discuss!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby topitmunkeydog » 26 Apr 2015 15:58

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:
Facade wrote:

You could but it'd only sound a little like a bird if you squinted. Bird calls are a little more complicated than pure tones. DJ Snake sampled those bird calls.

that is so cool!!! i wonder what sort of bird it is (if anyone here is a proper ornithologist, i am curious. im trying to get into that but its hARD)
so i tried sampling a black capped chickadee which is the best bird ever to make this
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0pgKJkb1ygU
but i only used like one bird sample im sure it would sound neater if i used multiple things. but do yall have any other advice on what i can do ? (i dont know why im doing this its just BIRDS that are so ridiculous, like im certainly not going to make a Trap song or anything like that,)
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby DJ TATCM » 26 Apr 2015 18:16

uhh i remember that i have a plugin called oscine tract or something that produces bird sounds, i dont recall ever actually using it but i'm pretty sure it's freeware if that helps
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Apr 2015 18:18

Oscine Tract yeah, from the Xoxos nature pack. The entire pack is pure VSTi goodness. Best you'll find.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 26 Apr 2015 18:31

ExoBassTix wrote:Oscine Tract yeah, from the Xoxos nature pack. The entire pack is pure VSTi goodness. Best you'll find.

Isn't that granular/sample based though, so really it's not synthesising the sounds?
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Facade » 26 Apr 2015 20:19

anyone else notice the name changes of this thread?
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Fl Brony » 26 Apr 2015 20:49

Facade wrote:anyone else notice the name changes of this thread?

Yeah I've been questioning that myself, glad to know I'm not going crazy
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Apr 2015 20:50

Hey guys.
I'm not going to make a thread about this. I just am going to say this once and that'll be that because this isn't pony related at all (but could be if you wanted it to be.)

I'm making an album entirely out of collabs.
I first mentioned this on my music Facebook group and to the other admins on it. So there is certainly interest in it from other regulars of music.
But I was just checking with my brony friends if they want in or not. Let me know if you're interested in making a collab with me for the album.
If yea, I'll give you more details.
There is no set time limit on this yet because I'm still collecting general interest. So don't tell me, "I would but the deadline is too soon."
So yea, pm me or something if interested.
Bronies Are Cool

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion