Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Sep 2014 14:39

Oh my god xD this commercial. It's a serious commercial about rheuma, but there's this obe line that ruins it:
There are 2000000 people in The Netherlands with rheuma. Do you know how many people that is?

XD
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Berri » 13 Sep 2014 17:13

ExoBassTix wrote:Oh my god xD this commercial. It's a serious commercial about rheuma, but there's this obe line that ruins it:
There are 2000000 people in The Netherlands with rheuma. Do you know how many people that is?

XD

16 people?!?!?!?!??!?!
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Sep 2014 22:22

anyone wanna play the mlp ccg with me?
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Jokeblue » 14 Sep 2014 03:59

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Full disclosure, the pirate fest I went to was kinda boring. Nothing against ska artists, but they had a mostly ska lineup and it was like hearing the same song over and over. I ended up going home about 5 hours early.

eh that's a bummer man :/

Ska's pretty cool but hour upon hour of it would just be borin.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 14 Sep 2014 06:07

Yeah, it was fun for the first couple hours but then it just grated
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 Sep 2014 09:20

Wait a sec. Ska?
Like... I remember on dance dance revolution a song called Ska Ska no. 3
And it was funny because it was so different than anything I've ever heard before.
Is this the genre were talking about here?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 14 Sep 2014 09:57

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Wait a sec. Ska?
And it was funny because it was so different than anything I've ever heard before.

SKA PUNK

SKA

Yeah several hours of ska punk and I'd likely pull out my hair too.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby LFP » 14 Sep 2014 11:30

On an extremely related note:

That pose when he reaches the top :')
Spoiler 1:
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Ricky Denzel » 14 Sep 2014 12:23

Freewave wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:Wait a sec. Ska?

SKA PUNK

SKA

Yeah several hours of ska punk and I'd likely pull out my hair too.

I love ska now!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby JSynth » 14 Sep 2014 15:21

LFP wrote:On an extremely related note:

That pose when he reaches the top :')
Spoiler 1:

I know right. :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby FLAOFEI » 14 Sep 2014 16:27

I hate politics. I hate how they talk about 'winning' the election. It's like they think it's some kind of a game! It's not a fucking game! If people don't vote for you, it's not cause you didn't work hard enough to win the trust of the people. IT'S BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Sadly I know that statement isn't true... People in general seem to be idiots who vote for the most carismatic person, the smoothest speaker or the one with the largest mob shouting his or her, usually his, name... and the one with the most memorable catchphrase.

I also hate when people vote for the party because of their leaders. It's stupid. That's my opinion annyway.

I also hate the fact that I have to research what all the parties want, so I can place an educated vote... The problem is that I want to votenfor whoever does something about the environment, and that means 2 choices. Those 2 are in different aliances, and if I chose the smaler aliance the vote will make an even smaller difference...

I know everybody tells you you have to care about who runs the government and politics and stuff, but I can honestly say I'm uninterested to the point of not careing.

Sorry for a silly rant about politics, but the election was today and I hate them all. The wrong parties won, and they use inapropriate words and I wish I didn't have to care! I just want a technocratic partie to vote for... so much easier to trust science...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Sep 2014 16:59

In general politics is not healthy for me. Earlier today I got my head in a tangle just because a Swedish friend was yapping about how shit the elections were being and etc.
Just ugh. Politics, no please.

In other news, I made a post on Facebook that I felt is worthwhile sharing with you guys, so have a copypasta:

I'm just another guy who thinks to know stuff. But in the world of creativity (with art forms like music), "knowing" doesn't apply, really. It's about believing something, whatever the facts are. People fight each others because they see their beliefs as facts. Becomes their private reality. If we'd just shed the illusion of factualities on what we believe we know, and remove the factuality on descriptions of art (like genres for music), art would once again have a rise in creativity. And, in my belief, more beautiful. People wouldn't bash each other for facts but enjoy the peace and serenity of each and everyone's private reality. Art would become Art with a capital A again, unhindered by tags of what it is supposed to be.

"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but then it gets boring. So I go back to being me."
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Stuntddude » 14 Sep 2014 17:50

ExoBassTix wrote:art would once again have a rise in creativity. And, in my belief, more beautiful. People wouldn't bash each other for facts but enjoy the peace and serenity of each and everyone's private reality. Art would become Art with a capital A again, unhindered by tags of what it is supposed to be.

The problem is that the culture of art has always been pretty much like this. There's no grander past to go back to.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby ph00tbag » 14 Sep 2014 21:25

I can't imagine arguing about politics in a country where the vast majority take a strong welfare state for granted.

Because I live in a country where the welfare state is being systematically dismantled for profit, despite the vast majority needing one.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Sep 2014 00:15

The Prime Minister raised our terror threat to high because he decided we should get involved in the conflict with ISIS even though it has nothing to do with our national interests and has actually made our country a target when it didn't need to be. They're putting up anti-littering ads in transit centers but as a result of this whole thing they're removing the bins from those same transit centers too.

Oh and he broke literally every promise he made in his election campaign (example, he promised he wouldn't touch funding to public healhtcare but his budget proposes that funding for public healthcare be halved) and is likely to be brought to court in Europe over human rights violations over the governments treatment of refugees. Trust me your rant is completely valid but from the outside the problems you're talking about seem pretty tame, flaofei
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Sep 2014 00:58

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:The Prime Minister raised our terror threat to high because he decided we should get involved in the conflict with ISIS even though it has nothing to do with our national interests and has actually made our country a target when it didn't need to be. They're putting up anti-littering ads in transit centers but as a result of this whole thing they're removing the bins from those same transit centers too.

Oh and he broke literally every promise he made in his election campaign (example, he promised he wouldn't touch funding to public healhtcare but his budget proposes that funding for public healthcare be halved) and is likely to be brought to court in Europe over human rights violations over the governments treatment of refugees. Trust me your rant is completely valid but from the outside the problems you're talking about seem pretty tame, flaofei

I wouldn't call his problems lame, I would just call your own as more severe.

But anyway, what is ISIS. I'm not sure what it is but I keep hearing about it. What have they done and what things do they do?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Sep 2014 01:07

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:The Prime Minister raised our terror threat to high because he decided we should get involved in the conflict with ISIS even though it has nothing to do with our national interests and has actually made our country a target when it didn't need to be. They're putting up anti-littering ads in transit centers but as a result of this whole thing they're removing the bins from those same transit centers too.

But anyway, what is ISIS. I'm not sure what it is but I keep hearing about it. What have they done and what things do they do?

TAME, BaC. I said tame.

Anyway, ISIS is an extremist group that's trying to build a united Islamic state, which'd be fine if they didn't imprison British citizens (and other foreigners and executed 3 that we know of, and have been accused of war crimes and human rights violations, murders, religious persecutions. Basically they're just a bad thing to have around. I wouldn't base everything you know about them off what I'm saying though, I only really looked into them this afternoon and info is kinda scarce on details

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Jokeblue » 15 Sep 2014 06:22

Biggles that kinda understates what ISIS has been doing.

ISIS have been forcing all people in the areas it controls, under the penalty of death, torture or mutilation, to declare Islamic creed, and live according to its interpretation of Sunni Islam and sharia law. They intend to commit a religious genocide and are beheading anyone who doesn't convert - as well as promising heaven to those who kill a someone not of their faith in the name of Allah. Those not of the faith - specifically Shia Muslims, indigenous Assyrian, Chaldean, Syriac and Armenian Christians, Yazidis, Druze, Shabaks and Mandeans - are being killed on sight, their houses and identities are being marked, and they are being promised these tens of thousands of people who have been forced from their home that they will be killed on sight if they return. According to Mark Arabo, spokesman for Iraqi Christians and a Chaldean-American businessman, "They are systematically beheading children, and mothers and fathers. The world hasn't seen an evil like this for a generation. There's actually a park in Mosul that they've actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick."

It is religious genocide - Ethnic cleansing. It doesn't stop with that either. War crimes and major human rights abuses have been commit. They are committing massive atrocities and really the world should not stand for it at all.

While I agree that Tony Abbott is an absolute cock and I do see that ISIS doesn't have anything to do with us as a country, but personally I really don't think we, or any one for that matter, should stand idly by.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Sep 2014 06:39

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:

TAME, BaC. I said tame.

I was tired ok. Give me a break. :3
But seriously i read it off an iPod screen. Sorry bout that though
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Sep 2014 06:40

I feel like something should be done about ISIS. but idk what.
Like, America is supposed to kind of be the kind of state to step in and stop war and things.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 15 Sep 2014 07:15

I do think it's a bit of a dick move for John Kerry to say that it would be inappropriate for us to cooperate with Iran on removing ISIL. Sure, they support Bashar al Assad, and yeah, they supported Nouri al Maliki's anti-Sunni government, which gave ISIL strength by marginalizing Sunni Muslims, but Iran is just as disgusted by ISIL as anyone else, and this is a good way for them to at least begin to redeem themselves, and it's a good opportunity to begin to find common ground.

I kinda wish our foreign policymakers had a bit more balls when it came to things like that.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 15 Sep 2014 11:05

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote: the problems you're talking about seem pretty tame, flaofei

True. All I have to complain about is that I have to engage my self in politics. I have no idea if they'll keep their promises or not, nor will I research what they actually promised. I simply don't care enough.

That being said, I'm not ignorant. I know I live in a countrie with one of the highest standards in the world. I can't complain about that.

Also
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I feel like something should be done about ISIS. but idk what.
Like, America is supposed to kind of be the kind of state to step in and stop war and things.

The only reason I'm not writing a new rant about how America is the worst country ever is that it throws all its money into its military, so might as well use it for something other than cheap oil.
Also I don't want to write a ton...

Sorry for being so negative. Politics brings back some bad asociations from school. I hated those subjects
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Ricky Denzel » 15 Sep 2014 11:50

ISIS in a nutshell: They're just killing people because they can't get laid on a Friday night...
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Berri » 15 Sep 2014 15:47

Ricky Denzel wrote:ISIS in a nutshell: They're just killing people because they can't get laid on a Friday night...

lemme fix that for you:
ISIS:FUCKING CUNTS
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby Acsii » 15 Sep 2014 17:13

Jokeblue wrote:Biggles that kinda understates what ISIS has been doing.

ISIS have been forcing all people in the areas it controls, under the penalty of death, torture or mutilation, to declare Islamic creed, and live according to its interpretation of Sunni Islam and sharia law. They intend to commit a religious genocide and are beheading anyone who doesn't convert - as well as promising heaven to those who kill a someone not of their faith in the name of Allah. Those not of the faith - specifically Shia Muslims, indigenous Assyrian, Chaldean, Syriac and Armenian Christians, Yazidis, Druze, Shabaks and Mandeans - are being killed on sight, their houses and identities are being marked, and they are being promised these tens of thousands of people who have been forced from their home that they will be killed on sight if they return. According to Mark Arabo, spokesman for Iraqi Christians and a Chaldean-American businessman, "They are systematically beheading children, and mothers and fathers. The world hasn't seen an evil like this for a generation. There's actually a park in Mosul that they've actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick."

It is religious genocide - Ethnic cleansing. It doesn't stop with that either. War crimes and major human rights abuses have been commit. They are committing massive atrocities and really the world should not stand for it at all.

While I agree that Tony Abbott is an absolute cock and I do see that ISIS doesn't have anything to do with us as a country, but personally I really don't think we, or any one for that matter, should stand idly by.

Let me point out that Australia IS directly involved. There are Australian citizens who plan to head over to the Middle East to fight for ISIS. There are also people here using their businesses to fund the efforts of ISIS. This is why the terror warning has risen, because there are people here involved, and a influential Islamic state leader said that "we will kill all Australian soldiers, or die trying" and they are just helping to aid the people who are being targeted. Oh and a final point, just to show how bad ISIS is, Al Queda condemned them.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion