flash animation tut thingie

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

flash animation tut thingie

Postby itroitnyah » 04 Oct 2013 21:27

Wow, wrong forum, I know. However, the one digital equestria forum mentioned above gets like 2 posts a day. I can't be certain that they'd even notice my question, or if they'd know the answer. I do, however, know that a lot of people on this forum seem to dabble in artsy stuff and perhaps animations of sorts. So I have a few questions regarding how to create flash animations and stuff

Alright, the first question is about the "digitalartworkstation"s available for creating flash animations. I currently only know about Adobe Flash CSx, I would appreciate it if somebody would provide me a list of reliable flash softwares so that I can browse around and see what I like.

Another thing is that my current understanding of flash animations is that you first create an animation by drawing, say, somebody running, and then if you want to animate them doing a classic slow down and stop, you'd animate that and then code it into the software that when an event occurs (such as you stop holding down the left arrow key), the animation transitions from the first one mentioned to the second one. Am I right? Or if you wanted to do the advanced way, you would animate the runner accelerating, then one full loop of him on his full speed sprint, then the deceleration and stop, and when a person is holding down the left arrow key, the software would play the animation from the beginning and then play just the section of the animation with the runner in a full sprint on repeat until you release the left arrow key to which it'll finish playing the animation.

Third off, I used the word coding, and I'm interested in knowing what coding language would be required to know in order to efficiently create flash animations. In this small wikihow article I read, it said that I would have to code stuff to get it to work the way I wanted to (such as pressing a button triggering an event is coded as
Code: Select all
this.onRelease = function()
{
     [what you want the button to do is scripted here]
}

It doesn't look like C++, and I don't know what it is. OR, do most flash animation software stations have a thing that sorta is like

(Object)Button > link to: animation to change scene

Or something. If nobody here knows the answer to any of these questions, feel free to link me towards any forums that you are all aware of that would be helpful to me in this situation. Or people on here that just don't visit like they used to. Or something.

Thanks in advance.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: flash animation tut thingie

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 Oct 2013 10:51

itroitnyah wrote:Third off, I used the word coding, and I'm interested in knowing what coding language would be required to know in order to efficiently create flash animations. In this small wikihow article I read, it said that I would have to code stuff to get it to work the way I wanted to (such as pressing a button triggering an event is coded as
Code: Select all
this.onRelease = function()
{
     [what you want the button to do is scripted here]
}

This I can answer, methinks.
Flash animations can be Flash, or HTML5. I'm not 100% sure if there are others, but these two are the only ones I know by head.

I also don't know the differences between said languages, but your script excerpt looks like Flash to me.

EDIT - I think that Adobe Dreamweaver can also work as a digitalartworkstation. Not sure however.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Oct 2013 14:50

Alright, thanks for the answer. Since this thread doesn't appear to be getting anywhere otherwise, I guess I'll find a separate art forum to ask this on. But if you know an answer to any of the questions, feel free to answer.

EDIT: Googling "art forums" doesn't help. Anybody know any good art forums?
itroitnyah

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Oct 2013 01:47

Hey, maybe you could try the deviantArt forum ;)
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby itroitnyah » 07 Oct 2013 05:40

Hm, that's an idea. I found the newgrounds forums before you happened to link me there, but I guess I'll use both now, haha. I have my feet down in the solid basics of flashimation now. Like using the timeline and putting objects into the library, haha.
itroitnyah

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip