Most distinctive voice in the fandom

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Most distinctive voice in the fandom

Postby ganondox » 06 Apr 2014 09:25

If this person were to feature in a collab and you weren't told who they were, who would you be able to recognize the most easily? The most obvious choice would probably be the Living Tombstone, as he both the most popular brony musician and his Israeli accent causes his voice to really stand out, but I want to hear your personal opinion. Keep in mind this doesn't mean most talented or you're favorite, just the voice that for one reason or another stands out the most to you.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Re: Most distinctive voice in the fandom

Postby Stuntddude » 06 Apr 2014 09:33

I'd say AdamTh3Walker's or Hirosashii's, based on distinctiveness. I could probably recognize Cherax just as easily though, but that's mostly because of the absurd-now-that-I-think-about-it amount I've listening to his voice.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby FritzyBeat » 06 Apr 2014 10:36

There are a lot who stand out in the fandom as having very unique voices =) Some that come to mind being Tombstone, Aviators, Cyril the Wolf, SoGreatandPowerful, and SlyphStorm. I could probably name a ton more who I can recognize just by their voices, but if I did that I'd probably be here all night :P The ones I mentioned are just a few with some of the most distinct voices :3

~Fritzy
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Navron » 06 Apr 2014 12:04

Most distinctive voice? While Fritzy pointed out a few artists, I think I've got to go with SGAP. Glaze/Wooden Toaster coming in second, because while other artists have used the multiple layers and vocoding tricks to their voice that sounds similar, only Glaze sounds like Glaze.

But nobody sounds even similar to SGAP other than SGAP.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Jokeblue » 06 Apr 2014 21:13

ImmaToonLink's voice is pretty distinct.

But yeah Fritzys list is rather spot on
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Fl Brony » 09 Apr 2014 07:53

I'm gong to have to say PrinceWhateverer. Every time he's on a song I can always tell it's him, no one else really sounds like him.
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby ph00tbag » 09 Apr 2014 10:47

Based primarily on inimitability, I would actually go with Cyril the Wolf. Most of the other voices, while having their own unique take on singing as a form of expression, do things with their voice that a sufficiently talented singer could easily mimic. Even SGaP's nasal tenor is something that can be achieved with proper control. Check out Society of Poor Academics, he does pretty much the same thing.

Furthermore, just about any singer sufficiently talented singer (and most singers that are popular enough to be "distinct" are pretty talented) could pretty easily sing in a way that eschews the properties they're known for having. SGaP could confuse people by just raising his velum.

Cyril the Wolf is something else entirely. It's clear that Cyril's larynx has been torn to shreds by years of chain smoking. Imitated gravely voices have a degree of clarity that real gravely voices really lack. In order to sound like Cyril the Wolf, you'd have to smoke like Cyril the Wolf, and only so many people can do that. Cyril also can't really control away the imperfections in his vocal cords, so the gravel will always be there.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Evdog » 13 Apr 2014 20:32

Automatic Jack's voice is super distinct; so is his musical style.
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic