What Happened to the Balloon Party Bandcamp?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: What Happened to the Balloon Party Bandcamp?

Postby Freewave » 08 Mar 2014 15:19

ExoBassTix wrote:Kyoga said he was starting one, but just today Circuitfry told me he's busy with thinking out a new album too. He said he'd talk with Kyoga about possible co-operation.

He also said that the reuploading of the older albums to bandcamp wasn't what he thought I was doing, seeing as they shouldn't generate any more money (and free downloads on Bandcamp are very limited). I'll still continue reuploading them, if only to have them there. Anyways, he said he'd get in touch with EQBeats and would have me give them the FLACs then when he's made arrangements. Not sure why EQBeats though.

See I just don't get this idea. I also was notified of this in our group skype of wanting to pick up this project after he discarded it.

http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/78960 ... bronies-to

fry:
it isn't going to get bronies to bronycon, anymore
fry:
I want them to be charity albums now
fry:
and I'm gonna talk to bronies for good about handling it for me

I really don't think this is fair after walking away from mlr, after pulling down Balloon Party and the other albums, and after asking that they be re-uploaded (under mylittleremix bandcamp domain) to suddenly want to revive this effort personally. Insisting he's still in charge of these prior and former projects after publically saying he didn't want anything further to do with them. Sure he ran these events, but as mod on MLR, and with a lot of help from other mods here and with united community support (at the time).

I just see if he changes the focus of the album from one that helps brony musicians, who couldn't otherwise make it to conventions, and meet each other that's an opportunity lost. That means those who stuck it out and didn't go before are out of luck, and newer musicians won't experience the same magic of a community convention, then those who did prior. The music community really needs a booster shot to keep it alive and thriving tbh, and this event helps do so in its original format. Having Twilight as the theme was also supposed to change the style of the album so that it would support other types of musicians. We could have people like SGAP, Soldat, ATR, who would have seemed out of place on the prior albums have a place and yet still show off the best of the community (other genres). We already have Seeds of Kindness and other charity albums and this would really take away from those efforts or blend in with those.

That also assumes that he has more rights to BP events then MLR. I don't agree. MLR was handling the re-distribution of these former albums and was already looking into hosting the next album. I'll talk with other mods and look to see what we decide on this matter because ultimately its a group decsion and not really just cfry's.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Magnitude Zero » 08 Mar 2014 15:31

Freewave wrote:I'll talk with other mods and look to see what we decide on this matter because ultimately its a group decsion and not really just cfry's.

Feel free to include Circuit himself in that discussion. I feel like too much of this whole BP issue has been discussed indirectly (through Exo or Tumblr posts or whatever) so it's probably a good idea to sit down together and get it all figured out before it becomes an actual problem.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Freewave » 08 Mar 2014 15:53

Magnitude Zero wrote:
Freewave wrote:I'll talk with other mods and look to see what we decide on this matter because ultimately its a group decsion and not really just cfry's.

Feel free to include Circuit himself in that discussion. I feel like too much of this whole BP issue has been discussed indirectly (through Exo or Tumblr posts or whatever) so it's probably a good idea to sit down together and get it all figured out before it becomes an actual problem.

I'd love for everyone to sit down and have a civil discussion but that rarely happens as everyone is online at different times and many people do NOT have open communication with other people. Stars and I spent MONTHS trying to talk to cfry just to get myself promoted to admin so we could to run mlr in his absence (after he said he didnt want to run mlr). Then i was banned a month later w/o personally being involved in that discussion! Cfry quit w/o talking to anyone else but makkon. That's sadly how these things transpire. I hope we can come to consensus on the future of the BP events this week so that it works to everyone's benefit. I'll keep people posted.
Freewave

Postby Magnitude Zero » 08 Mar 2014 16:15

I expect you'll have it easier this time around, due to Circuit's (apparent) personal investment in the project.

Just throwing it out there. I trust you to do what you gotta do.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 Mar 2014 17:54

I do believe that personal grudges against others that will come together in one such conversation will serve to make for a lot of drama, potentially driving people further apart.
I've already noticed that Circuitfry is not one bit ready to engage discussion with you Freewave (with this I mean no offense), nor do I believe you are to engage discussion with him. In the talks we've had, I can see how easily he can upset you, and you allow it to happen. That causes a glitch in your link with common sense, and angry words would happen way easier, whether you want it or not. I do not think it is wise to put you two together in a group, however much it would be useful if it could be done efficiently.

However, if you believe it is 100% necessary, just do it because the waiting is killing certain people.

I'll continue uploading the old 5 albums to the MLR bandcamp (minus the BMDoubbleBass live mix thing).
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Freewave » 08 Mar 2014 18:31

Ok guys this really has come down to a vote for 2 very different directions for the next BP album to go. I'll admit I'm very much into this continuing to assist the music community get the opportunity to meet up at bronycon. Kyoga is very much into this turning the event into a social charity. I hope people take the time to vote and decide its fate.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Mar 2014 04:55

Freewave wrote:Ok guys this really has come down to a vote for 2 very different directions for the next BP album to go. I'll admit I'm very much into this continuing to assist the music community get the opportunity to meet up at bronycon. Kyoga is very much into this turning the event into a social charity. I hope people take the time to vote and decide its fate.

I just hope that people won't be upset when their choice eventually has the minority of the votes.
If there's one thing that drives communities apart, it's a global disagreement. Now that the oppurtunity for voicing your opinion has been granted, and possibilities made public, people can easier stick to it whatever might happen.

Just, proceed with caution, I suggest.

EDIT - on a totally different note, how come I can't vote/post in the poll thread?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Apr 2014 14:09

http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/81557 ... loon-party

Just a quick bump because I think it's important for people here to know about this.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 03 Apr 2014 17:43

Yep they are back up now. Feel free to reblog and spread the word. If we'd known they were goign to be a simple zip upload we would have pushed for that earlier rather going back to bandcamp. Alas. Glad they are back up in both mp3 and flac! :grin:

Regarding "Balloon Party 3" I'll be quite honest that Circuitfry has taken that upon himself after initally pulling down and distancing himself from that event to start up new efforts single-handedly and not working through mlr staff. He's also changed the focus of that event several times. MLR moderators have voted to split off from this round of being directly involved with those efforts last week.

However, Cfry has at least concluded with some announcements for BP3 and it's sounding a lot more solid than where it began (though note it will be for general charity, not a musician fundraiser, which is a break from past efforts). With it having a solid theme and a legacy of community support it can still succeed with community involvement. I talked with the rest of the MLR staff and we wish it well (although we won't be directly supporting it or want it to be confused as an mlr sponsored event). We will not be running any other charity events at the same time frame. We likely will do some afterwards and Stars in Autumn is still interested in running the next Remix Wars for summer. So definitely take part with BP3 if you want to see it succeed or see your music on there.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 04 Apr 2014 08:00

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Circuitfry to keep steady control of the event. He did show quite some improvement already. And I too like the selected theme.

However much I think that doing this for charity makes BP3 more like all other albums, I think I might submit. I'll probably wait out some further development announcements before making decisions though. That it's no longer fully required for the submissions to be pone is a blessing to me.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Previous

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic