Best Pony

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Best Pony

Postby RobotPony » 07 Jul 2011 16:47

I wouldn't say she cheats. It's just her special talent isn't throwing parties, it's ripping the fabric of space/time. She's so good at it she can actually see us watching her and her friends.
RobotPony

Postby Versilaryan » 07 Jul 2011 17:12

Bagpipe Brony wrote:Why? Earth Ponies probably help in construction, farming, and other strength and endurance trying tasks. I mean they're not as flashy as Unicorns or cool as Pegasi, but still ya know? Gotta show em' some love.
Although, I see a flaw in my point, in that scene of "Fall Weather friends" where AJ and RD were "hoof wrestling" RD won when according to what I just, said AJ should've won.

You could argue, though, that hoof wrestling isn't exactly an endurance thing so that's how Rainbow Dash pulled on ahead in that one.
Versilaryan

Postby Circuitfry » 07 Jul 2011 17:13

RobotPony wrote:space/time

I didn't know the ponyverse was an existing fabric of our continuum. I thought it was a cartoon show~ :lol:

Edit: I dislike that the tilda is represented as a dash.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby RobotPony » 07 Jul 2011 17:44

I didn't actually mean to type a dash, but now it's pointless for me to go fix it because it's already been seen. Oh well, mistakes happen.

Also, that's just what Hasbro wanted you to think.
RobotPony

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 07 Jul 2011 19:06

I wonder if Derpy Hooves has the same magical powers Pinkie Pie has. People in fanfics often make her do things that are kinda crazy. I've read one where she essential invents Drifting, and another where she's a conductor and a master pianist.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Whitetail » 07 Jul 2011 21:32

Bagpipe Brony wrote:I wonder if Derpy Hooves has the same magical powers Pinkie Pie has. People in fanfics often make her do things that are kinda crazy. I've read one where she essential invents Drifting, and another where she's a conductor and a master pianist.

Whitetail

Postby DerpyGrooves » 07 Jul 2011 23:08

Does it annoy anypony else when Derpy is portrayed as having some ass-backwards speech impediment? I mean, she's obviously supposed to be weird, but when did that start? THAT SHIT'S NOT CANON
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Postby Stars In Autumn » 08 Jul 2011 00:14

I dunno, I'd think she'd be able to speak normally, she'd just wall-eyed. Maybe due to the comment about Ditzy-Doo flying in the wrong direction during the Winter Wrap-Up episode?
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby RobotPony » 08 Jul 2011 01:10

I don't like it either. I also kind of dislike it when she's portrayed as retarded. I know she has the wall-eyed expression, but I don't see how that somehow means she's mentally deficient.
RobotPony

Postby Overkillius » 08 Jul 2011 01:12

Jeffthestrider wrote:I dunno, I'd think she'd be able to speak normally, she'd just wall-eyed. Maybe due to the comment about Ditzy-Doo flying in the wrong direction during the Winter Wrap-Up episode?

I guess we shall have to wait and see what they do with her in the second season. I remember reading somewhere that they were planning to make her an actual character (not a mane character of course).

I like the idea that she is walleyed, has a speech impediment, a mind block that makes her misplace important objects, but is very intelegent, verbose (in writing), and well read.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 08 Jul 2011 06:24

I hate, HATED the mentally handicapped Derpy Hooves(s) I mean, so she's got a lazy eye, and what? I'm sure we've all met perfectly normal lazy eyed people. I wish the fanfic writers would get around the stereotypes. But then again, I honestly think that most writers of those kinda fanfics are the inexperienced ones. If I had a quarter for every Gary Stu, melodramatic moment, nihilistic ending, OOC character, excessive swearing, and overall bad plot, I could afford much better equipment.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Interrobang Pie » 08 Jul 2011 08:13

I'm indifferent about Derpy. Although, she does service as the link between the bronies and Equestria though, which is great. I'm interested to see what shout-outs they put in Season 2...
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Whitetail » 08 Jul 2011 09:27

Jeffthestrider wrote:I dunno, I'd think she'd be able to speak normally, she'd just wall-eyed. Maybe due to the comment about Ditzy-Doo flying in the wrong direction during the Winter Wrap-Up episode?

She has 2 lines in which she speaks perfectly normal

So I have no clue where the speech impediment thing came from, but honestly it's not like most fanfic writers know a thing about writing a good story anyways (I pretty much have low expectations of fanfic in general, no offense if you write it (not saying everyone's a horrible writer)).

As for best BG one?

I'd have to say either Lyra or Octavia

I just find it pretty funny how much stuff they've inferred about Lyra out of small things:
http://i.imgur.com/XKvAD.png

-She's often shown with Bon Bon? Obviously she's a lesbian of course!
-There's another musician pony in the show? Sisters!
-She showed up sitting on a bench in an unnatural position for ponies? Obviously she's the only one who realizes that the world they live in is based on that of another species, and thus devotes her life to trying to figure out this connection while at the same time trying to fake human mannerisms!
Whitetail

Postby ArtAttack » 08 Jul 2011 20:30

Best mane 6 pony is Rainbow Dash.
Best background pony is Vinyl Scratch.
But everyone is best pony, because friendship.
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby guitarskills » 09 Jul 2011 17:23

Derpy Hooves wrote:So I have no clue where the speech impediment thing came from, but honestly it's not like most fanfic writers know a thing about writing a good story anyways (I pretty much have low expectations of fanfic in general, no offense if you write it (not saying everyone's a horrible writer)).

Have you ever read MLP fanfiction? This is much better than any other show's fanfics.
I suggest Progress, to get you started.

Derpy Hooves wrote:-There's another musician pony in the show? Sisters!

Actually, Most people believe Octavia is Pinkie Pie's sister (color scheme).
guitarskills

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 09 Jul 2011 18:52

Hey, dp ya'll think Pinkie Pie might be German? A little out of left field here but that Polka BGM is just so right if she is. Also, that would give her one hell of a boost for best pony. Just saying.
Also, do real countries Exist in Equestria? Fluttershy mentions "French haute couture" so I'm just wondering.
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby RobotPony » 09 Jul 2011 19:55

I think France exists in Equestria, or, since Equestria is a country and not a world, exist in the same world as Equestria.
RobotPony

Postby Whitetail » 09 Jul 2011 22:32

guitarskills wrote:
Derpy Hooves wrote:So I have no clue where the speech impediment thing came from, but honestly it's not like most fanfic writers know a thing about writing a good story anyways (I pretty much have low expectations of fanfic in general, no offense if you write it (not saying everyone's a horrible writer)).

Have you ever read MLP fanfiction? This is much better than any other show's fanfics.
I suggest Progress, to get you started.

Derpy Hooves wrote:-There's another musician pony in the show? Sisters!

Actually, Most people believe Octavia is Pinkie Pie's sister (color scheme).

Fanfic:
Sorry but fanfic's a bit of a no-go for me:

Seems everyone's writing it, and everyone wants me to read it but the only ones I've read were ones a fairly close friend wanted some feedback on.

Octavia:

I've seen it interpreted both ways, fairly equally. Though they seem to interpret her as a smut smart-flank whenever they pair her with Lyra.
Whitetail

Postby Interrobang Pie » 10 Jul 2011 04:16

Bagpipe Brony wrote:Also, do real countries Exist in Equestria? Fluttershy mentions "French haute couture" so I'm just wondering.

It exists, but it is full of clones of Snails HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW SEE WHAT I DID THERE
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby aap998 » 10 Jul 2011 04:54

this thread needs more rainbow dash!!! the coolest, fastest, best, most amazing pony of the WHOLE WORLD!!!!

aap998

Postby ArtAttack » 10 Jul 2011 09:03

^ This.
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Postby ArtAttack » 10 Jul 2011 09:03

Oh, and it HAS to go to a new page when I use an ^
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Postby Interrobang Pie » 10 Jul 2011 09:14

Hi there.

And of course it's all true. It's so truuuuue [/stevenmagnet] that I have a Rainbow Dash theme for Chrome. Also this entire website's colour scheme should be Rainbow Dash.

I've said Ranbow Dash a lot. Oh well, it hurts nopony. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash.

Maybe if I keep saying it I will get a Rainbow Rash.
Interrobang Pie

Postby Gersh66 » 18 Jul 2011 12:54

Again, where is the AJ love?

I don't really know why, but she sticks out as the best imo.

As far as BG go, either

Colgate

or

Octavia

and Octavia and Lyra just seem to go well together as they way the fanon describes them. Octavia being the uptight and nit-picky and lyra as the casual and not caring type.
~Gersh
~http://gersh-tunes.tumblr.com/
Gersh66

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 18 Jul 2011 23:37

Lmao @ Altair Octavia. Or...whatshisface from AC 2.
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic