How'd You Become A Brony?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: How'd You Become A Brony?

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Apr 2013 22:50

okay people, calm down. My bad. I will admit I did wrong, but for future reference, would it have been better to just make a new post for this or what?
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 May 2013 03:43

In fact, yes. Just say that you were sad to see the thread being dead and all and wanted to continue it's story.

I agree to Sparky's point here.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby AJ_ » 02 May 2013 00:58

First, i was introduced to it by my friend showing me music, the first song i've ever heard was Living Tombstone's Dubstep Dishwasher.

Second, Das internet; Pictures with captions that to me made no sense (Because i haven't watched the show, yet)

What real made me a brony was Season 1 Episode 9: Bridle Gossip... "I don't wanna talk about it" Futterguy :lol:
DAW: Fl Studios, Ableton
VST Companies: Native Instruments, Cakewalk, Pianissimo, Waves, Celemony, Sonivox
Hardware Companies: Akai Professional, M-Audio, Beats by Dr. Dre, Harman (AKG, dbx, Lexicon, Crown, JBL Professional)

https://soundcloud.com/theofficialaj/deadmau5-strobe-aj-piano-cover

http://ponysquare.com/theofficialaj

http://youtube.com/user/AJDUBWUB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJ/582707455087438?ref=hl
AJ_

Postby simonli2575 » 14 May 2013 06:59

In November 2011, during an ICT lesson, my friend beside me saw me browsing KnowYourMeme, so he told me about this My Little Pony TV show. After the brief introduction, when I got home, I got curious and gave myself a bit courage to play the first episode. Afterwards, I was hooked and started watching every episode in chronological order up to season 2 episode 5 (because at that time, episode 6 wasn't released yet).
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby MrBronyPlan » 27 May 2013 12:16

I was arguing with a friend, he eventually got me to watch the show, and I liked it. Short story. =P
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Potato

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 May 2013 12:31

I'm currently in the stage of getting a friend of mine to try watching it xD he's in the stage of "I know what it is but isn't MLP for little girls instead of grown-ups/young adults?"

I was surprised when I found out he knew who Zecora is, not being a watcher of the show O.o
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby MrBronyPlan » 27 May 2013 12:34

ExoBassTix wrote:I'm currently in the stage of getting a friend of mine to try watching it xD he's in the stage of "I know what it is but isn't MLP for little girls instead of grown-ups/young adults?"

No, it's for very mature grown-ups/adults :P Unless everybody here is lying about their age and is really like 6 years old and knows how to use FL/Ableton/Cubase/Logic/Reason or whateverasfasfagoashg
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 May 2013 12:47

xD yep.

When I explain to my friends why MLP isn't gay (they think so), that almost all leading characters are girls, they start laughing.
And today one of 'em (impulsive kid) slapped my left ear (the sensitive one) and started laughing, saying "sissy, that wasn't hard." I ignored him and the group for the rest of the day. Y'lnow, at times like these, my fantasy makes me someone skilled at knocking someone out. Heeheehee, how many times I've killed him already xD
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby MrBronyPlan » 27 May 2013 12:49

Hmm, I hate it when people call others gay, when they don't know what gay even means most likely.
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 May 2013 12:51

Oh like hell they do xD we're not that young. And all in mu class are gifted (I doubt that so much though).
They're actually serious but they're so ignorant to never give reasons and yet think they're right because they said it.

That's what a group does. Be a part of it or get kicked.
Luckily that's not my mentality. I always stand up for my own opinion, instead of the 'group's' opinion.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby IamMadetoFall » 27 May 2013 13:01

I went over to a friend's house, they just set up a projector with 7.1 surround sound in their basement, all of which was hooked up to their gaming consoles.

We decided to watch my friend play Dead Space at 2am with the sound turned up.
We spent the next 45 minutes crapping ourselves. At which point we decided we need to calm down so the three friends I had there all said, "Let's watch the first episode of MLP".

I hadn't heard of the new craze, it was just about to the end of season one when they introduced me to it.

The funny thing about it was that I once wrote an essay on why MLP (and most little girl TV shows) were bad for a child's development. I was hugely uninformed and mostly seeking attention, but that was many years ago and mostly irrelevant.

So, they convinced me to watch an episode. One turned to two, two turned to all the episodes.

And now, I have more pony t-shirts than anything else in my closet and spend my holidays attending art-auctions at anime conventions in order to snag up collections of pony paintings.

My friend's believe I am bordering on an unhealthy obsession.
IamMadetoFall

Postby caprixsnare » 29 May 2013 23:30

I fist saw mlp pics on 4cham and said these look cool compared to the old butter faced ponies that was the first time i started to consider it but I didn't become a brony my girlfriend told me to watch it. I became addicted it was like a disease when I started I couldn't stop I started to talk about it constantly and then it got worse I started to draw them every now and then. I wold wind up singing it out loud it got so bad that someone gave me the nickname bunny boy eventualy I hit rock bottom and got therapy and got my social life repaired
I was joking 30%
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Conchetupony » 31 May 2013 23:50

Started seeing ponies in 4chan and then I dunno, just started watching the show on YouTube since then.
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby S.P.P » 01 Jun 2013 05:20

I think the first time I watched the show was when playing a MLP drinking game at some party round my girlfriend's house. We all enjoyed the show (probably because excessive alcohol), but I enjoyed it a little more ...
After that I went home and smashed all the episodes of season 1, and about 20 episodes of season 2 (I became a Brony towards the end of s2). But it wasn't until I heard TLS' Discord remix and Rainbow Factory that I became more interested in the fandom as opposed to the show; and that's the point I think I became an "actual" Brony :3

Also, my girlfriend liked it at the party and will sometimes watch the show with me (but she's not a Brony).
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby MrBronyPlan » 06 Jun 2013 10:10

PYR3LIGHT wrote:I think the first time I watched the show was when playing a MLP drinking game at some party round my girlfriend's house. We all enjoyed the show (probably because excessive alcohol), but I enjoyed it a little more ...
After that I went home and smashed all the episodes of season 1, and about 20 episodes of season 2 (I became a Brony towards the end of s2). But it wasn't until I heard TLS' Discord remix and Rainbow Factory that I became more interested in the fandom as opposed to the show; and that's the point I think I became an "actual" Brony :3

Also, my girlfriend liked it at the party and will sometimes watch the show with me (but she's not a Brony).

Girls can't be bronies period. And by that I meant they're called Pegasisters.
Nice.
MrBronyPlan

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Jun 2013 11:58

Quite a bunch if girls call themselves bronies. *(sarcastically) I have no idea why you would say that a girl can't be a brony.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Nine Volt » 06 Jun 2013 12:53

Pegasister sounds stupid. Like, as a word.
If 'guy' is generally used as a gender-neutral term, then why can't 'brony'?
Nine Volt

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Jun 2013 17:06

Sparky has a point guys.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Lying Pink » 07 Jun 2013 13:51

I don't like people calling me a brony. It feels restrictive. I prefer to be referred to as a ☃.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Jun 2013 21:53

Snowman?
Nine Volt

Postby Wisp » 13 Jun 2013 08:58

I think I got into MLP by finding Epic Wub Time on YouTube somehow. Then I decided to check out the show.
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Jun 2013 01:08

Wisp wrote:I think I got into MLP by finding Epic Wub Time on YouTube somehow. Then I decided to check out the show.

Same here. Exactly the same ._.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 Jun 2013 12:00

The first mlp video I saw was epic cupcake time. I had no idea what It was, didn't even know it was mlp at the time. It wasn't until at least 6 months later that I knew it was mlp.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Pimps_McGee » 16 Jun 2013 05:36

Back in the old days, I think January 2011, I was browsing /b/ (I know its awful, I was bored) and I saw a thread that said it was "pony time" with a picture from look before you sleep. I thought the ponies looked cute and shortly after browsing the thread, I saw that it recommended the /co/ threads since they were less chaotic. I hung around the /co/ threads and eventually was able to find out the full name of the TV show (I hadn't actually known it; it was never explicitly stated) and from there I watched Fall Weather Friends and then the rest of Season 1 up until Suited For Success which came out the following weekend. After that I would just hang around in the /co/ general until new episodes came out or I would color lineart that drawfriends came out with.
Pimps_McGee

Postby Mr.Afrox » 27 Jun 2013 14:50

i never became a brony :/ u may be asking than what are you doing here gtfo :( but truly why i make brony music,why i talk to you guys,why i appreciate all of you and so much and always try to help and more

is because i love you boys and girls,i love the art,the music and everyother art the fandom the hardest thing you may find outraging is that i never watched an episode of mlp ever,its hard for me to even say that because i want to be honest im in love with what you guys do and just when i saw so much ppl could love a single thing i was stunned with love ,the live shows seeing everybody cheer and have fun,i will and always keep making brony material and always love the fandom i guess that counts me as an outcast but ill always love you guys no matter youre all awsome,everytime i see some dumb hater raining on a brony's day i always try to protect him,i guess you could say im like a guardian.But Theres is not mistaking i will do my best to attend the next bronycon or mostly anyother and always try to review fairly the material you guys put out and thats all of it i leave no stone unturned for you guys,in elite harmony i love you all as always see yea hope you dont hate me too much...
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic