New and Latest Episode Thread

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: New and Latest Episode Thread

Postby ThatRobChap » 29 Dec 2012 15:08

itroitnyah wrote:
ThatRobChap wrote:Anyone else catch that reference to bad fanfiction? That was brilliant. :lol:
Which fanfiction?

Not a particular one, but bad pony fanfiction in general, at the bit where RD's talking about her novel.
Youtube | Soundcloud
Genres: Rock, metal, all that good stuff.
Doing things, very slowly.
ThatRobChap

Postby Carbon Dust » 29 Dec 2012 15:32

I didn't expect a spike episode to become one of my favorites, but somehow it did.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Tumblr
This is not my website, but I wish it was: http://www.carbondust.com/
Carbon Dust

Postby TheMalenEst » 29 Dec 2012 18:09

I liked it, but there was this one thing.

We have seen that Spike has proven himself to be a great assistant, But find it really odd that he is awful at assistance when he isn't in the library. We have seen that he's good at cooking, cleaning but not in this episode? Maybe it's just me on this one. but overall a good episode

MOUSTACHIE PIE!

My Soundcloud for my Wip's and Previews, but also full songs.
My YouTube Come by and listen to my music :3 Maybe you find something you like.
Deviantart Abstract Art

shingeki no kyojin is best anime/manga
TheMalenEst

Primary: FL Studio 10, Logic
Cutie Mark: AnjunaLogo

Postby itroitnyah » 29 Dec 2012 18:27

maybe it's because he's so used to working in the library, that now that he's in a new environment, he can't do everything as well as he could
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby LFP » 29 Dec 2012 20:09

Spike such a silly pony....er.. dragon
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Twy » 30 Dec 2012 13:06

I'm, uh, definitely not the biggest Spike fan out there, but I liked this episode. T'was good.

Although I do agree with TheMalenEst; that whole Spike being absolutely inept at everything thing felt a bit out of place, considering that's his job and all. I think mopping is just about the same in a farm as it is in a library.

But that's probably not worth caring about. Just an inconsistency that was necessary for the episode to work. Not like we haven't seen those before.
Twy

Postby Carbon Dust » 31 Dec 2012 07:55

TheMalenEst wrote:I liked it, but there was this one thing.

We have seen that Spike has proven himself to be a great assistant, But find it really odd that he is awful at assistance when he isn't in the library. We have seen that he's good at cooking, cleaning but not in this episode?

I don't see any inconsistency there... He's always been extremely clumsy even working for Twilight, pretty much the first thing he does in episode 1 is trip over, and he also does things like accidentally burn books he's supposed to be retrieving. Also, I can't remember any time when he's cooked anything (maybe I just can't remember..?) so it is understandable that he isn't very good at it. He isn't terrible at all tasks though, he manages to count all the blades of grass in a field perfectly fine. Spike has never been a great assistant, what he's been is a dedicated assistant, and that doesn't change in this episode.

Oh god, why am I arguing this. I've turned into exactly the kind of fan that used to annoy me.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Tumblr
This is not my website, but I wish it was: http://www.carbondust.com/
Carbon Dust

Postby itroitnyah » 31 Dec 2012 07:59

Carbon Dust wrote:Oh god, why am I arguing this. I've turned into exactly the kind of fan that used to annoy me.
Shhh... Let it happen...
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 31 Dec 2012 08:07

It'll all be over soon...
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 31 Dec 2012 12:02

Hold on i'm going to find a quote I saw.

The central plot wasnt bad, but here's how it could have been great:

Spike is chased by Timberwolves and completely falls apart in fear, and collapses into a blubbering mess. Applejack saves him, and afterward, Spike has trouble facing himself. He views himself as a coward because he never even tried to fight back, or escape, he just froze and cried. He is not the "noble dragon" he viewed himself as. He goes overboard trying to be helpful to Applejack because he is trying really hard to do something honorable so he can stand to look himself in the mirror. Every time he screws something up, he feels the need to push himself harder. This would justify the clumsiness. Spike is being irrational because he is just plain trying too hard. All of this development wouldn't take any extra time because it would be underlying the things that are already happening. A single scene where he faces his reflection and says "some noble dragon you are" would take a few seconds and would set the tone for the entire episode.

In the end, when he rescues Applejack, it would actually really mean something, because it wouldn't just be repaying the favor, but redeeming his own personal honor. The pebble in the throat victory becomes actual character growth. Spike overcomes his own fear and gets a Dragonshy-esque moment.

The episode would have to change very little to be intensely powerful.
-Sprocket
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

Postby Nine Volt » 31 Dec 2012 12:11

Sonarch wrote:Hold on i'm going to find a quote I saw.

The central plot wasnt bad, but here's how it could have been great:

Spike is chased by Timberwolves and completely falls apart in fear, and collapses into a blubbering mess. Applejack saves him, and afterward, Spike has trouble facing himself. He views himself as a coward because he never even tried to fight back, or escape, he just froze and cried. He is not the "noble dragon" he viewed himself as. He goes overboard trying to be helpful to Applejack because he is trying really hard to do something honorable so he can stand to look himself in the mirror. Every time he screws something up, he feels the need to push himself harder. This would justify the clumsiness. Spike is being irrational because he is just plain trying too hard. All of this development wouldn't take any extra time because it would be underlying the things that are already happening. A single scene where he faces his reflection and says "some noble dragon you are" would take a few seconds and would set the tone for the entire episode.

In the end, when he rescues Applejack, it would actually really mean something, because it wouldn't just be repaying the favor, but redeeming his own personal honor. The pebble in the throat victory becomes actual character growth. Spike overcomes his own fear and gets a Dragonshy-esque moment.

The episode would have to change very little to be intensely powerful.
-Sprocket

Oh wow that would actually work really well
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 03 Jan 2013 19:21

Next episode is the "Keep Calm and Flutter On" one, where the mane six are tasked with reforming Discord, and Fluttershy is the only one willing to give him a chance. Sounds like it's going to be a badass episode. How long has it been since the last fluttershy episode?
itroitnyah

Postby TheMalenEst » 04 Jan 2013 12:38

itroitnyah wrote:Next episode is the "Keep Calm and Flutter On" one, where the mane six are tasked with reforming Discord, and Fluttershy is the only one willing to give him a chance. Sounds like it's going to be a badass episode. How long has it been since the last fluttershy episode?

Hmm i think the last one was Hurricane Fluttershy, so 13-14 episodes i think.
My Soundcloud for my Wip's and Previews, but also full songs.
My YouTube Come by and listen to my music :3 Maybe you find something you like.
Deviantart Abstract Art

shingeki no kyojin is best anime/manga
TheMalenEst

Primary: FL Studio 10, Logic
Cutie Mark: AnjunaLogo

Postby itroitnyah » 04 Jan 2013 13:11

That long? Alright, well, I'll be happy to have another Fluttershy episode :)
itroitnyah

Postby itroitnyah » 05 Jan 2013 13:19

So... I woke up today and was all excited for this new episode to air ._. Not until the 19th though, so I still have waiting to do, lol :P

Anybody else wake up expecting an episode today?

What are you all doing while you wait?
itroitnyah

Postby Sonarch » 05 Jan 2013 14:25

itroitnyah wrote:So... I woke up today and was all excited for this new episode to air ._. Not until the 19th though, so I still have waiting to do, lol :P

Anybody else wake up expecting an episode today?

What are you all doing while you wait?

I was excited. Got on, went to find the episode, and it wasn't there. I was sadface.

But I guess that just means I have a bit more time to put into music or homework, so I suppose it's not a terrible thing.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby MRPPony » 05 Jan 2013 19:24

I woke up listening to Mic's read of Cupcakes. Needless to say, I teared up a bit. I jumped on and thought, "Oh yeah, I should watch MLP!" but then I remembered there's no new episode. Figures, the ONLY time in MONTHS I get Saturday off of work, there's no new episodes of MLP. FML
I am Magical Rainbow Pegasus Pony and this is my music. Lets not fuck about. X3
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
My EQBeats
MRPPony

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank ftw

Postby itroitnyah » 05 Jan 2013 20:45

Getting a Saturday off of work sounds like it would be really good >_> I just have to get a job now so that I can vouch for that
itroitnyah

Postby LFP » 06 Jan 2013 03:19

Wat, no new episode until the 19th, whyyyyy?
Asdcfgshshhgjfkxfstsqcfhdhhjcjghjkcjddas:7;€(!:dgzfhvnhNXJBGJOKDSfxfgGcGXCJJjmohes
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Sonarch » 06 Jan 2013 08:37

I know your pain LFP.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby ChocolateChicken » 08 Jan 2013 02:26

I don't like the idea of the new Discord episode, or the idea that they are bringing Discord back. It reinforces the claim that they are pandering to their audience and the audience's opinion of who is the best villain from the show. We all know John De Lancie's performance was great and that Discord was awesome, but c'mon.

I prefer to have the season 2 Discord and the story of Discord's reign and leave it at that because a new episode has the potential to either improve upon something or ruin it/make it worse, and I personally wouldn't be able to stand it if they somehow ruined Discord or just made him not as awesome as he was in Season 2. Discord is already a super incredible villain, everyone agrees, and I personally don't see the need to revisit him.
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Jan 2013 10:43

They always bring back the greatest super villains in TV shows though =\ In fact, every TV show brings back characters from previous points in the show at one time or another. It gives them more episodes to make and present (such as the trixie episodes). If they didn't bring back characters from previous points in the show, then they wouldn't have as many episode ideas as they do. Moreover, I could care less if they were pandering to fans, as long as they come out with story lines that are original to the series (even if the lesson taught isn't so original. They'd have to use a different character though), I'll be entertained by it.

Also:

Simple preview sentence(s) of the upcoming episode released >> Bronys find plotholes in the sentence(s) released, declare show ruined >> episode is released >> Bronys declare that episode the best yet >> repeat

every week, it seems
itroitnyah

Postby Orange » 12 Jan 2013 09:37

Yup.. woke up and no new episode. Cri err tiem :,(
Orange

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Jan 2013 11:35

I cri ebry tiem :(:(:( </3
itroitnyah

Postby Sonarch » 12 Jan 2013 17:10

BUT NEXT WEEKEND IS NEW EPISODE SWEET
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic