Singer Requested.

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Singer Requested.

Postby Darktrot » 15 Nov 2011 22:03

If anypony would like to help im working on a new song basically about Rarity *sarcastic gasp* Wondering if anyone has the time to do it?
DARKTROT MUSIC FOREVER
Darktrot

Re: Singer Requested.

Postby Versilaryan » 15 Nov 2011 22:57

If it's about Rarity, I'm certainly interested. =3 Have any more info on it?
Versilaryan

Postby H8_Seed » 16 Nov 2011 13:05

I'm interested as well; if you can get us more info about it I'd be happy to help.
"The sky isn't falling, it's being thrown at us!!!"
H8_Seed

Postby Facade » 16 Nov 2011 13:48

i would try but my mic is sh** >.>
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Kragt » 16 Nov 2011 18:07

Edit: In reaction to how the requester is acting I am removing my support/offer to help. Feel free to delete this comment.
Last edited by Kragt on 17 Nov 2011 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
Kragt

Postby Interrobang Pie » 16 Nov 2011 22:16

Why are you making posts about things that don't exist?

Also, I'm under the impression that you never make any of these songs by yourself. This thread seems awfully familiar.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Darktrot » 16 Nov 2011 22:59

Interrobang Pie wrote:Why are you making posts about things that don't exist?

Also, I'm under the impression that you never make any of these songs by yourself. This thread seems awfully familiar.

Actually you may not yourself needing to be involved. There is no reason to be on here if your just here for trolling.
DARKTROT MUSIC FOREVER
Darktrot

Postby Senator Myth » 17 Nov 2011 09:13

DJ_Spike wrote:
Interrobang Pie wrote:Why are you making posts about things that don't exist?

Actually you may not yourself needing to be involved. There is no reason to be on here if your just here for trolling.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=796&p=8833

Clearly, I-Pie is making a valid point, not trolling.

In the future, please refrain from spamming our forum with duplicate threads. If anything, you should gone and bumped up that other that other thread. I-Pie also makes another valid point: you cannot ask for singers and then refuse to give any information whatsoever regarding the song you're trying to make. What style is it? What are the lyrics? What is the vocal range you've written the lyrics for? You should have included this in your original first posts, but it's even worse that you failed to provide information when people started asking you for it, and it's almost unacceptable that you should be repeating this wasteful process again.

In conclusion, please stop cluttering up the forums with one-off threads with no purpose or, even worse, repeatedly posting the same thread with no purpose. Not only is it tiresome to slog through a bunch of spam, it reflects poorly on our community. What would a visitor think if half of our threads comprised posts one line long, had no meaningful dialogue, and were ultimately a waste of time to read?

Also, please show some respect to the members of this forum. I-Pie was bringing up some valuable points and asking legitimate questions, and you accused him of trolling and told him to get out. If you've ever even seen I-Pie trolling, you would realize that he wasn't, just now, and it was quite rude of you to just blow him off like that.

I hope that you listen to this advice and become a valuable and constructive member of this community instead of a disruptive and somewhat annoying one.

--Myth
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby bartekko » 17 Nov 2011 09:59

I know how you feel right now. I've also been A somewhat annoying member of ze community, what is clearlry visible in my vst thread for example. Don't worry if reality hit you hard, you'll get better, if you try.

For now, I got one thing to say: artists don't ask for help with making something (EDIT: when making something without knowing what they are about to create). They either call for help on mastering an almost finished product, or for a collab, or for knowing how it's made. What you did here, is ask for something. Something we don't know nothing about

first written in a great hurry (hurr durr) and now rethought
Last edited by bartekko on 17 Nov 2011 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Versilaryan » 17 Nov 2011 11:46

^ That's a lie. I ask for help all the time. =P Usually, it's a "I'm not sure about this WIP. What do you think?"

I think the point Bartekko's trying to make is that if you ask for help, you need a plan. You need to do all the work for the helper up to the point where you can't do it anymore and you need help. Don't just idly say "I need a singer". You need to have the background music finished (or close to finished), lyrics, or anything that helps the person helping you, well, help you.
Versilaryan

Return to Technique