FL Studio Assistance

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

FL Studio Assistance

Postby Darktrot » 16 Oct 2011 19:53

Alright Normally im your typical Ableton live Dragon here but i tamper with other System's. (Reason, Cubase etc.) And was wondering how in a picture of someone using FL i see in the final pattern grid a whole section dedicated to one Effect.
Basically...
How the Hell did you do that?
DARKTROT MUSIC FOREVER
Darktrot

Re: FL Studio Assistance

Postby Stars In Autumn » 16 Oct 2011 20:34

I'd need context of what you're describing. Can you show us an image? Are talking about the playlist editor? And what do you mean by section? Track? Channel? I'm really confused...
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby zorg » 12 Nov 2011 18:56

i think i can answer after managing to explain FL to chain... or so i believe

you most likely mean the playlist, and the track view of it (instead of the "pattern grid, though that is also possible, although with a different method)

basically, the automation clips that one can make are "channels" like the generators (that make sound, like vstis), samper, audio, layer channels and so on. you can paste the clips in any track of the playlist since the channel knows what parameter of what it is assigned to. (like the pitch of a massive vsti or the global tempo)

the other method is manipulating the values of the parameter in the event editor or the piano roll's bottom part, and thus having (a pure or not) effect pattern, which you can place in the playlist where you want as well.

this is the short version, i don't know if you will understand it or not, but at least im trying to be helpful :3
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby Interrobang Pie » 12 Nov 2011 21:10

Your English is so malformed that I cannot begin to comprehend what you're trying to say.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Return to Technique