Anyone use GarageBand?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Anyone use GarageBand?

Postby StormWolf » 14 Dec 2011 05:35

Just a random discussion thread, I just wanna know people's opinions on a "less capable" DAW like GarageBand, and if anyone uses it!
-StormWolf

YouTube | SoundCloud
StormWolf

Re: Anyone use GarageBand?

Postby bartekko » 14 Dec 2011 09:22

Odyssey uses Garage Band.
Deadmau5 uses/used ableton live
I-Pie uses Famitracker.
half the community uses Fl Studio.

(almost) all the daws are equally good. It's just the matter of "who", not "what"
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Rainbowdutch » 14 Dec 2011 09:33

bartekko wrote:made a joke of more than mediocre quality
Rainbowdutch

Postby Icky » 14 Dec 2011 09:39

I've heard a lot of people say Garageband is not useable as proffesional DAW, and I also dont know any proffesional artist who uses it. I barely know what Garageband looks like, or what it's capable of so I can't really tell you if its really bad or just has a bad reputation.

Either way, if it's not limiting you why care? I mean what's the point in having a "better" DAW if you dont even know how to use the functions it has that Garageband lacks?
Icky

Postby randomblockfilms » 14 Dec 2011 22:39

i used to mess around on garageband. It does have potential to make great music but i think its just a little to rough around the edges.
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
randomblockfilms

Primary: Ableton 8

Postby Navron » 14 Dec 2011 23:36

Garageband is a decent entry level DAW, but it's limited by how many effects you can use. For the average musician, whether instrument or VST based, GB would do fine, but if you're looking to eventually get into the amateur and professional level, I'd recommend saving up for a professional level DAW, so you learn it now ns down the line.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Versilaryan » 30 Dec 2011 15:52

Yeah, Garage Band is nice, but it has a lot of limitations when you start pushing things forward. My roommate tried to make a prog rock song in Garageband, once, and it basically shut down on him and refused to work after a certain point.
Versilaryan

Return to Technique