2%
Another date (explain)
2%

Total votes : 86

Re: RMW4 extension vote

Postby sci » 17 Sep 2011 03:20

alright cool

because THAT'S WHAT I SET

I also moved the deadline for Episode Response to friday because that makes more sense. for the record.
sci

Primary: OpenMPT
Cutie Mark: Sampling

Postby WolfOfSadness » 17 Sep 2011 05:20

i have been done for almost 2 week now and now i find i have to wait another week ... you know what they .. patience is a virtue ....

so its next monday ... not this monday ... Right?
WolfOfSadness

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 17 Sep 2011 05:31

WolfOfSadness wrote:i have been done for almost 2 week now and now i find i have to wait another week ... you know what they .. patience is a virtue ....

so its next monday ... not this monday ... Right?

Deadline is now the 24th, which is a Saturday!

Use Sci's fancy countdown clock if you're unsure!

http://toastbeard.comli.com/pony/a/RW4/
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby UnderpΩny » 17 Sep 2011 09:54

I really wanted it to be today but I voted yes because not everyone is finished yet.
UnderpΩny

Postby catmilly » 19 Sep 2011 07:23

I'm about to use this extra week to take my RW4 entries in new and unwelcome directions.
catmilly

Postby Pinkie Cake » 19 Sep 2011 07:52

I am now happy for this extension, since I got a chance to update my songs.
Talked to my friend who knows lots of stuff about speedcore and now my remix has some parts with 1248 bpm (I think thats the record here in brony music)
Pinkie Cake

Postby NightColt » 19 Sep 2011 14:11

catmilly wrote:I'm about to use this extra week to take my RW4 entries in new and unwelcome directions.

:mrgreen: Good, I'm not the only one. :mrgreen:
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby penguindf12 » 19 Sep 2011 17:43

NightColt wrote:
catmilly wrote:I'm about to use this extra week to take my RW4 entries in new and unwelcome directions.

Ehehe, I'm doing a metal/dubstep mix, and it's quickly becoming the most ridiculous thing I've ever made (since I am not especially good at either).
penguindf12

Postby MichaelA » 19 Sep 2011 18:41

Pinkie Cake wrote:I am now happy for this extension, since I got a chance to update my songs.
Talked to my friend who knows lots of stuff about speedcore and now my remix has some parts with 1248 bpm (I think thats the record here in brony music)

Thats....That's fast, even for I pie o.o
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby NightColt » 19 Sep 2011 21:35

penguindf12 wrote:
NightColt wrote:

Ehehe, I'm doing a metal/dubstep mix, and it's quickly becoming the most ridiculous thing I've ever made (since I am not especially good at either).

Wait-waitwaitwaitwaitwait. I'm doing a ridiculous metal/dubstep remix. Please tell me we aren't about to do similar remixes of the same song (though it's likely I'll have to lose it and just do a style-swap this time around).
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby Makkon » 19 Sep 2011 21:44

We’re sorry to say, but this round we will be filtering for inappropriate content, or entries that have little artistic merit. Please remember that this is about the music, not the lulz.

Hate to be a douche, but lest we forget.

Unless by ridiculous you mean RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME/AMAZING, then cool.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Circuitfry » 20 Sep 2011 18:44

Pinkie Cake wrote:I am now happy for this extension, since I got a chance to update my songs.

No.

My...

My 700 BPM troll record...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby penguindf12 » 20 Sep 2011 23:15

Makkon wrote:
We’re sorry to say, but this round we will be filtering for inappropriate content, or entries that have little artistic merit. Please remember that this is about the music, not the lulz.

Hate to be a douche, but lest we forget.

Unless by ridiculous you mean RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME/AMAZING, then cool.

Of course I mean cool! What qualifies as "little artistic merit" though? I'd need to hear examples. I'm a bit concerned, since I've seen many excellent goofy/noisy/strange mixes tossed out of competitions before, simply because they were "odd."

Not complaining of course, just curious!
penguindf12

Postby Makkon » 21 Sep 2011 01:00

We are going to have a lot of listeners in this round. If your music can be considered assaulting or painful to listen to, it shouldn't be submitted.

As far as musical skill goes, that's not the point. You guys know the difference.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 21 Sep 2011 01:05

Yes, the quality of your song or how professional it sounds or doesn't sound really isn't what any of us would be looking for when it comes to acceptable entries. We just want listenable music.
PinkiePieSwear

Postby Pinkie Cake » 21 Sep 2011 03:53

Now this is the part I'm starting to get worried about my entry. Usualy people don't like speedcore, so thats the problem that you might think that it's unlistenable, while I personaly fell in love with it and loop it everyday from its creation. This is kind of a tricky situation since what isn't listenable to one, deosn't mean that the other will not like it too.
Pinkie Cake

Postby Andy Feelin » 21 Sep 2011 04:44

For me something unlistenable may be if it is clipping, over-distorted, not-intentionally dissonant or way too repetitive or completely ear-raping. If it is any kind of speedcore, terrorcore or whatever-core but it is well-done, well-mixed and well-mastered, it is lisnenable, although I might be not a great fun of such stuff. But THIS already doesn't matter that much. Last remix war there were a few extreme-metal entries and most people here don't enjoy these genres, but the entries were well accepted as well as dubstep, trance, 8-bit and other entries. So Pinkie Cake, don't hesitate to submit your entry - it will find the listener. (I guess you are not a musical troll and make really cool stuff in your genre.)
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 21 Sep 2011 06:35

Go ahead and submit. If you can outdo gPrOeWaEtRaFnUdL from RWII, I'd be very impressed. That was the most godly of godly things.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby bartekko » 21 Sep 2011 07:13

my brain converts e.x. 1248 BPM to 124.8 BPM so it's not much of a problem
Last edited by bartekko on 21 Sep 2011 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 21 Sep 2011 07:26

bartekko wrote:my brain converts e.x. 1248 to 124.8 so it's not much of a problem

0.8 of a beat? How does that work?

Also, aaaaaah artistic merit...something I face everyday...
PinkiePieSwear wrote:We just want listenable music

As defined by the moderators I presume? My idea of 'listenable music' is probably vastly different to yours...:P

Not to start an argument or anything, it's just I do write very weird music when the feeling gets me and I want to know what would be acceptable or not...
Nothing crazy weird for this Remix War though!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby WolfOfSadness » 21 Sep 2011 10:56

Pinkie Cake wrote:Now this is the part I'm starting to get worried about my entry. Usualy people don't like speedcore, so thats the problem that you might think that it's unlistenable, while I personaly fell in love with it and loop it everyday from its creation. This is kind of a tricky situation since what isn't listenable to one, deosn't mean that the other will not like it too.

i love speedcore ... though i have a hard time making it ... i can never get a melody to sound right with the BPM so high .... how do you do it?
WolfOfSadness

Postby Makkon » 21 Sep 2011 11:27

It's not fair for any of the mods to dictate to you what is considered good music and what isn't, nor is it fair for us to have to be put in this situation. Personally, I love the fact that we have such a huge diversity in genres and style (that's why we're doing the style swap). But when events like this are no longer small little events, we have our benefactors keeping a standard of quality. It's just how it goes.

It's safe to say that we will only enforce this if your entries are intentionally bad (like a few last round). That will be outright unacceptable.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby zorg » 23 Sep 2011 11:25

and how exactly will that be evaluated, a song being intentionally bad?

seems very hard unless a select few will preview the tracks and with that, spoil them for themselves.

imho this is why it was great that the very first sync listens were artists-only, so only we had to suffer the troll tracks, and then they could and were removed before the general public could listen.

in other news, got a day left to finish both of my entries... will be a busy day, especially with me sleeping in the middle of it.
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby catmilly » 23 Sep 2011 14:18

Uh, sadly, I most likely won't be able to attend the sync-listen so I will say this now: I would encourage y'all to skip over my second entry while syncpartying (the entry that's 9 minutes long). It's more a private listening time sort of thing than a party track, as you may soon discover. I really wouldn't want everypony to sit around in IRC and have to listen to the whole thing as the night drags ever onwards.

I am also OK with it being pulled from the RW should it be judged as unsuitable. I did sort of stretch the boundaries of what could be considered a cover/remix... but... CHYEAH. There you go, I'm apologizing for it now.

It'll always be a RW entry in my heart and nopony can take that away from me ; o ;
catmilly

Previous

Return to Remix War