Art of the Boss Battle

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Art of the Boss Battle

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 18 Nov 2011 23:57

Hi there, everypony! First post on this site :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXUJ8n1ot8

Sorry for the weird whirring at the beginning under the synth. It's youtube, not me D:
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Re: Art of the Boss Battle

Postby catmilly » 21 Nov 2011 14:24

Hey! Welcome to MLR! This is a pretty neato idea for a AoTD rendition! My favourite part of your cover is the chorus, it just sounds so super cool to me in this darker key. Every version of the chorus in this song excites me in new ways. It's really awesome!

Uhm, I don't know if you were looking for advice, but here's just one tiny tip~* I would just completely avoid using FL Slayer (I am assuming the guitar in this song is Slayer). If you really, really love Slayer maybe try layering on a bunch of different fx to mask its trademark sound, but... even then... it's just one of the most reviled virtual guitars to ever exist. You clearly put some hard work into your tracks, and I'd hate for Slayer to cheapen your efforts in other people's ears!
catmilly

Postby Facade » 21 Nov 2011 14:47

ya i agree avoid using slayer if you can i can definitely tell that its slayer i use to use it way too much when i was noobier :P
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 21 Nov 2011 17:12

You read me like a book XD And I'll say it now, constructive criticism like that from this community is always welcome, and I am also glad to have joined.

That said, I hate Slayer with a passion. I am running the demo of FLS because I am a poor bastard and don't even know how to add VST plugins into the directory XD Any free-but-good ones you know of (I wish I could afford Kontakt :c) would be appreciated.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Return to Sharing is Magic