Will Mix For Anyone.

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Will Mix For Anyone.

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 07:40

I'm volunteering to mix for anyone on anything. Can't make music for shit, but I'm pretty experienced in everything else. Done some events including college parties, beer garden chillouts and just general requests by friends.

I really want something to do! So give me anything, be it two songs or a whole album. Hell, give me the time (crapton) and I'll get a 2-hour mix of your chosen genre up without you contributing.

However, I refuse to mix anything mainstream unless it's heavily paid for. Everything I do is free! :D

Post here, PM me, email me, whatever.

Satisfied Customers: 3

P.S. Admins/Mods, not sure where this thread should be... Is this okay? Also, image is by thebreadster.
Last edited by Pseudo on 13 Jan 2013 09:42, edited 4 times in total.
I cannot make music at all.

I can mix very well. PM me if you want me to mix ANYTHING. However, college is sapping my spare time at the moment. MLR is a once-in-a-blue-moon thing.

My Radio Livestream!

Sufficiently Heartwarming Pseudo (175+)
Pseudo

Re: Will Mix For Anyone. Free.

Postby Bready » 26 Oct 2012 07:46

I made dat picture herpaherp.

Seriously, though, Pseudo is a great mixer.
Bready

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Oct 2012 08:05

Hmm.....
1 hour electro/electro house mix?
Nine Volt

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 09:15

I legit have one of those (more or less). Little old, but it's still good.

http://soundcloud.com/pseudobeats/progression-vs-hands-up

Enjoy, lemme know if it's a little off for you. It IS half an hour. If you want me to redo in full length and different music, give me 1 maybe 2 weeks. This is mostly due to the fact that college is getting really clustered for me. Any other day, expect it in 2-3 days flat.
Last edited by Pseudo on 26 Oct 2012 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

I can mix very well. PM me if you want me to mix ANYTHING. However, college is sapping my spare time at the moment. MLR is a once-in-a-blue-moon thing.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Oct 2012 09:25

Nice. I really like your dark techno mix too, maybe an underground dubstep mix?
Nine Volt

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 09:29

Nine Volt wrote:Nice. I really like your dark techno mix too, maybe an underground dubstep mix?

We must be on the same brain pattern here. I was just planning to do a Glitch Hop mix, which is Hip Hop + Dubstep. Interesting to mix, wanted a challenge. BUT NO! I like this idea a lot. Expect a one-hour mix by 1-2 weeks, maybe less, given it's the weekend atm, okay? I'll be sure to PM you about it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pseudo on 26 Oct 2012 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Oct 2012 09:33

Sounds good, I'm in no rush :)
Nine Volt

Re: Will Mix For Anyone.

Postby Sonarch » 26 Oct 2012 13:04

I am interested to see what comes out of this thread.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 26 Oct 2012 13:12

Define mainstream, and nice image :P And yes, here is fine. :)
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 26 Oct 2012 13:24

Pseudo wrote: I was just planning to do a Glitch Hop mix, which is Hip Hop + Dubstep.

err u mean hip-hop and GLITCH? :? :lol:

A lot of Dubstep already has a half-step which means its technically 70 bpm and tempo'd appropriately.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 26 Oct 2012 15:03

Freewave wrote:
Pseudo wrote: I was just planning to do a Glitch Hop mix, which is Hip Hop + Dubstep.

A lot of Dubstep already has a half-step which means its technically 70 bpm and tempo'd appropriately.

Actually wrong. The premise of Glitch Hop is removing the hip, the swagger from hip hop, and introducing this digital element. Its evolved far beyond glitch and settled amongst other bass music.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 15:39

Lavender_Harmony wrote:
Freewave wrote:

Actually wrong. The premise of Glitch Hop is removing the hip, the swagger from hip hop, and introducing this digital element. Its evolved far beyond glitch and settled amongst other bass music.

Lavender is bang on the money here. This is a classic example:

And the tempo is actually way off 70. Most glitch hop is a solid 90-110.
Last edited by Pseudo on 26 Oct 2012 16:35, edited 2 times in total.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 16:33

Lavender_Harmony wrote:Define mainstream, and nice image :P And yes, here is fine. :)

We're talking the most commonly played and liked music.
    Skrillex
    Pendulum
    PSY *shudder*
    Flux Pavilion
    Anything on the Top 40
    Most of the stuff on your most-listened-to digital radio station (non-internet)
    And most things over about 5,000,000 views on youtube.

Just set up a query in advance, sometimes I'm cool widdit.
A good example is that I once used Noisia's Remix of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (This was 5 months ago, now I have no tolerance for that) for a college gig, but I edited it slightly by reducing the BPM by 10% and giving it a bass boost.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Freewave » 26 Oct 2012 18:16

Why not take current brony music, mix it, and put out a series of youtube videos with such (and credit the tracks of course). There's not a load of brony dj's that are currently active (Tei The Pony used to be but has gone the original music/remix route) so that would be the quickest way to FEEL involved and make your own spin at "making" music.
Freewave

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 21:32

Freewave wrote:Why not take current brony music, mix it, and put out a series of youtube videos with such (and credit the tracks of course). There's not a load of brony dj's that are currently active (Tei The Pony used to be but has gone the original music/remix route) so that would be the quickest way to FEEL involved and make your own spin at "making" music.

Sounds good, but I have a couple of issues.
    I got a youtube channel up, and I can upload stuff there (fuck soundcloud), but I need visuals. Bready doesn't always have the time...
    In all honesty I'm not experienced with good brony artists, so I wouldn't know what to choose from or do. :oops:
    There's a bit of limitations for me involving getting the music. Unlike others, I have a good paying job and budget my Beatport input. 4 times out of 5 I buy my music (still giving credit if I youtube download it), but there is not much to... BUY.

Still, it would be an awesome idea. Thanks mate! :)
Last edited by Pseudo on 27 Oct 2012 03:26, edited 2 times in total.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Pseudo » 26 Oct 2012 21:33

Sonarch wrote:I am interested to see what comes out of this thread.

honestyl teh OP sound liek a shittr

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Freewave » 27 Oct 2012 08:09

Pseudo wrote:
Freewave wrote:Why not take current brony music, mix it, and put out a series of youtube videos with such (and credit the tracks of course). There's not a load of brony dj's that are currently active (Tei The Pony used to be but has gone the original music/remix route) so that would be the quickest way to FEEL involved and make your own spin at "making" music.

I got a youtube channel up, and I can upload stuff there (fuck soundcloud), but I need visuals. Bready doesn't always have the time...
    In all honesty I'm not experienced with good brony artists, so I wouldn't know what to choose from or do. :oops:
    There's a bit of limitations for me involving getting the music. Unlike others, I have a good paying job and budget my Beatport input. 4 times out of 5 I buy my music (still giving credit if I youtube download it), but there is not much to... BUY.

Well not a lot of brony musicians actually charge for music but some of the top ones do so that helps. I have various best of the month playlists on my youtube (last 4 months i think) if you wanna use any of those as a guide or a playlist to choose from. I also list genres on each of those videos as a general overview (so you could avoid rock music / ballads over EDM). Our brony musician directory GENRE section also groups a lot of musicians who specialize in that parent genre. If you'd like help selecting tracks, would like some images to use or help video rendering, and possibly a sponsorship with bmd (where we can highlight your mixtape as a bmd promotion) let me know as i'd be glad to help in that way. I can also recommend using mixcloud for audio hosting for streaming and MUCH more free storage than soundcloud. Thorinair has done the A State of Brony trance mixes (handpicking tracks) with H-Mage (and that other dj before him who didnt mix too well) doing the dj'ing and I'd be glad to help in that same fashion if you need a helping hoof in getting in touch with the music of the community.

Lemme know! :D
Freewave

Postby Pseudo » 27 Oct 2012 16:06

Freewave wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Well not a lot of brony musicians actually charge for music but some of the top ones do so that helps. I have various best of the month playlists on my youtube (last 4 months i think) if you wanna use any of those as a guide or a playlist to choose from. I also list genres on each of those videos as a general overview (so you could avoid rock music / ballads over EDM). Our brony musician directory GENRE section also groups a lot of musicians who specialize in that parent genre. If you'd like help selecting tracks, would like some images to use or help video rendering, and possibly a sponsorship with bmd (where we can highlight your mixtape as a bmd promotion) let me know as i'd be glad to help in that way. I can also recommend using mixcloud for audio hosting for streaming and MUCH more free storage than soundcloud. Thorinair has done the A State of Brony trance mixes (handpicking tracks) with H-Mage (and that other dj before him who didnt mix too well) doing the dj'ing and I'd be glad to help in that same fashion if you need a helping hoof in getting in touch with the music of the community.

Lemme know! :D

I will most certainly get in touch (if there's a request) with you!
It's clear you are the pony for the job.

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Bready » 28 Oct 2012 06:28

Pseudo wrote:Bready doesn't always have the time...

It certainly seems that way. Especially being in the YTP business.
Bready

Postby Pseudo » 30 Oct 2012 06:29

Done. Hope you enjoy!

NEEEEEEEXT (after underground dubstep mix)

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Sonarch » 30 Oct 2012 11:45

Pseudo wrote:

Are you saying you don't want to put it in a mix unless you buy the song? Cause most brony artists just put up free downloads for their stuff. I'm no good with defining genres and stuff, and I can't name all the awesome guys that make music because there are too many, but a few of the bigger names I can give off the top of my head are
-Alex S.
-Omnipony
-Aviators
-Glaze
-Silva Hound
-Icky
-Addicita
-Tombstone
-Archie
-Foozogz
-ArtAttack
I KNOW THERE ARE MORE, HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS

Also I know most of them don't match up in genre, but I think there's a lot of potential for cool stuff.

And you said you need visuals because Bready can't always do it. I do see a lot of people giving credit for their visuals to MyLittleVisuals, so you might try finding that guy and see if he can help you out.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Pseudo » 31 Oct 2012 16:03

Sonarch wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Sounds good, but I have a couple of issues.

Are you saying you don't want to put it in a mix unless you buy the song? Cause most brony artists just put up free downloads for their stuff. I'm no good with defining genres and stuff, and I can't name all the awesome guys that make music because there are too many, but a few of the bigger names I can give off the top of my head are
-Alex S.
-Omnipony
-Aviators
-Glaze
-Silva Hound
-Icky
-Addicita
-Tombstone
-Archie
-Foozogz
-ArtAttack

Also I know most of them don't match up in genre, but I think there's a lot of potential for cool stuff.

And you said you need visuals because Bready can't always do it. I do see a lot of people giving credit for their visuals to MyLittleVisuals, so you might try finding that guy and see if he can help you out.

He sent me a massive .rar folder with about 60 mp3s innit.
WOOHOO

My Radio Livestream!

Pseudo

Postby Sonarch » 31 Oct 2012 17:20

Pseudo wrote:
Sonarch wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Sounds good, but I have a couple of issues.

-Alex S.
-Omnipony
-Aviators
-Glaze
-Silva Hound
-Icky
-Addicita
-Tombstone
-Archie
-Foozogz
-ArtAttack

He sent me a massive .rar folder with about 60 mp3s innit.
WOOHOO

Wait, who sent you the .rar?
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Bready » 04 Nov 2012 06:24

Not that I want to put more on your plate as it were, but It would be AWESOME if you could make an electroswing mix.
Here's a few examples:

Not sure about this one but I'm sure you know it.
Bready

Postby Sonarch » 04 Nov 2012 10:49

^That would be hot.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Next

Return to Sharing is Magic